Lynyrd Skynryd FREEBIRD~! clip

bluesboy

• Members

http://www.esnips.com/doc/3ff25579-6825-4cd2-9702-61116c931fe5/wildbill

HI all, here is a clip of me and my buddy fooling around with freebird. Criticisms and comments are welcome.

I had a very bad cold that week, so my singing is comparatively bad.

I hope the link works, let me know if it doesn't. The song doesn't start exactly at the beginning...

More to come in the future!

The lead parts are me, the rhythm stuff is my friend. My gear is an EPI LP standard, deluxe reverb, and I believe a DS1 pedal.

My friends gear was LP studio, peavey classic 30, various pedals

• Members

wow, didn't know it would be a big deal to move the bar ahead... sorry for making it inconvenient. it's not the best clip anywasy, maybe ill repost our next one, and well try to time it better

People are lazy. Didn't think it would be a big deal to cut off the silence in your song but here we are. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

People are lazy. Didn't think it would be a big deal to cut off the silence in your song but here we are. Cheers, Lucius

im not the one who took the recording, it wasnt my program or my laptop. if you have any suggestions on how i might trim off the silence, i will surely do so. this is seriously my first try at doing these kinds of things, so pardon me for not being the best at it.

• Members

im not the one who took the recording, it wasnt my program or my laptop. if you have any suggestions on how i might trim off the silence, i will surely do so. this is seriously my first try at doing these kinds of things, so pardon me for not being the best at it.

Open up your wav editor and highlight the portion that doesn't have any playing in it then hit that big "DELETE" button. Ain't rocket science.

If you want people to listen to your {censored} then put some effort into it. Like I said people are lazy and most wouldn't have even said anything. I do like to listen to others folks clips.

Cheers, Lucius

• Members

I liked it, mixed in pretty well in my opinion! Good job

thanks, i appreciate you actually listening.

Lucius, I think you're taking this a bit too personal or something... im no different than you on this site. im not here to pander to all of your desires. if you don't like the way i put my clip up, than dont listen to it, its as easy as that. Saying that if I "want people to listen to my {censored}, I should put effort into it" is pretty lame. I mean, I get your point, there's a minute or so of silence, an dwhen i figure otu how to get rid of it I will. Maybe instead of being a sarcastic know-it-all you could just give me some helpful advice... like i said this was my first time.

• Members
Maybe instead of being a sarcastic know-it-all you could just give me some helpful advice... like i said this was my first time.

lol, nothing personal involved man. If you can read emotions into posts than you are a much better man than I.

YOU:"if you have any suggestions on how i might trim off the silence, i will surely do so. "

ME: Open up your wav editor and highlight the portion that doesn't have any playing in it then hit that big "DELETE" button. Ain't rocket science.

Don't know how much plainer I could spell it out for you but :rolleyes: . Good luck with your recordings. Cheers, Lucius:thu:

• Members

fire the singer... lol! I'm the singer!!! i only sing because our singer quit... I dont claim to be a good singer, but in my defense i did have a really bad cold that week.

As far as the playing at the end, I think my buddy tried to do some ad-lib lead stuff, which isn't necessarily his forte. Ill get around to editing the silence eventually... we'll probably do a repeat clip with better everything next time we play, and everything will be tighter, including when the clip starts LOL

• Members

Hey feller - not trying to give you a hard time. Just do what Lucius described to you and that will remove the silence. Probably also worth normalising the clip to optimise the volume.

what does normalising mean? lol, im such a NOOB at this...

• Members

What the {censored} dude? This is an amps forum's clip, which is not a professional production that you are paying for, so quit giving this dude a hard time. It's probably one of his first clips and you're giving him hell without even listening to it. If the link doesn't work, don't listen; it's that simple. Even if you really wanted to hear the clip, waiting for a few moments while it plays isn't going to kill you.

To the guy who posted this:

I'm sorry, we're not all TOTAL DICKFACES like Lucius is. The link doesn't work for me, so maybe I'll try later. Oh actually, what I meant to say is "GET A LIFE YOU LAZY {censored}ER, DONT POST {censored} THAT ISNT PERFECT" :D

Archived