OT: Have you ever noticed how much Slipknot ripped off Fear Factory?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not a big fan of either.....ummm....either.....but I just happened to here "Edgecrusher".....and considering that predated Slipknot......I found it oddly similar.

Similar enough to make me start a lame thread in the maps forum.:thu:

• Members

huh? wtf? not really.

and i agree they both suck now.

archetype and anything earlier was good (stfu i dont care if dino wasnt playing on archetype)

iowa was good for slipknot.

dont see how they sound the same though.

slipknot sounds like mush live to.

• Members

I wouldn't expect people like you to understand.

I mean, I would assume most of you listen to mostly rock and metal anyway........If you even like more then one metal band of the same sub-genre, you have no taste and lack a discerning ear.

• Members

I mean, I would assume most of you listen to mostly rock and metal anyway........If you even like more then one metal band of the same sub-genre, you have no taste and lack a discerning ear.

Oh, ok then :confused:

• Members

the bass forums are missing you, run along now

• Members

taht explains a lot about YUO ! !! 1 1
:idea:

And the metal people on here tell you to ridicule splipknot because they are uncool right? So you now know that saying Slipknott is not cool is cool? Go you. You remind me of a mall goth.

I listened to them when they were a jazz infuenced metal band. Didn't know that right? You never traded metal demos on the underground methinks. You only get to know a band by the time they are on headbangers ball.

Good luck with the 80's metal that you really like. Tourist.

• Members

And you're so hardXXcore that you have to feed your pretentious anger through shitty immature closet homosexual metal.

Who are you again? I play old school thrash.

My band in progress:

www.web-design100.com/i've seen.mp3

Don't you know Reoir1 is Tweedbucket who does not like metal, but trolls metal posts. And now he creates his own stupid ass metal threads to make fun of the genre? That is pretty immature if you ask me.

But looking at your response the only thing you prove is that you hope I am a homo. Awkward.;)

EDIT. Awwwww...You are the threadstarter. Are the nasty people in your thread making you mr angry face because they pointed out you don't know shit? Awwww. Better luck on your next post. Maybe I will agree with you, then I will not be gay?

• Members

And you're so hardXXcore that you have to feed your pretentious anger through {censored}ty immature closet homosexual metal.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1618877

Oh {censored}. Obsessed a little are we not? I don't even have to read between the lines.

I am just glad that people are more open minded to people like yourself and your lifes choice

• Members

oh
:o
, you play old school thrash, seems like you're teh one stuck in teh 80s' ! ! 1 1
:idea:

The difference being, unlike you I don't pretend to like UBER metal when I really like Van Halen.

Liking 80's music is FINE. Faking that you like new metal is just..Well.. Not very metal.

• Members

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand a word you just said; I don't speak douchebag.

• Members

I love Fear Factory, esp. the Dino years. Post Dino is just "okay".

I don't see the link between the two bands.

Burton's much more melodic in his vocals, and they have that whole industrial metal thing happening, too. Whereas Slipknot doesn't.

Archived