Zakk Wylde or Randy Rhoads???

Son Wolf

• Members

the main arguments for and against are, by general agreement and not my opinion,that....

Randy's tone was {censored}ing {censored} and except for a few classics,,, his songs were rubbish.. he became "cool" because he died,, but at the time he was alive he was just 'nother dime a dozen guitar player.

Zakk Wylde is a cock of human but is a superior player, songwriter and has better tone and more endorsements.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the main arguments for and against are, by general agreement and
not my opinion,
that....

Randy's tone was {censored}ing {censored} and except for a few classics,,, his songs were rubbish.. he became "cool" because he died,, but at the time he was alive he was just 'nother dime a dozen guitar player.

Zakk Wylde is a cock of human but is a superior player, songwriter and has better tone and more endorsements.

Zakk's tone is muddy {censored}, endorsements only mean he's marketable, his songwriting is mediocre at best, and hitting pinch harmonics every other note doesn't qualify him as a good player. Give me Randy anyday. He played with class and taste, and was a great guitarist overall.

• Members

not my opinion,
that....

Personally, I was never a fan of either of them.

• Members

I can't even beleive anyone would ask this....RR by far....zakk may be a great player, but I don't think he's much of a song writer....and what does tone have to do with it??? Are you asking who had better tone? Who was the better player? Or who was the better song writer?? IMO technique goes to rhoads by far. As does song writting. Maybe zakk wins for tone, but rhoads wins over all for sure...not even close!!!

• Members
not my opinion,
that....

Only a stupid twat would seriously say something like this.:o

• Members

Son wolf , man.. get your facts straight!

Randy.. by far.. as for one being alive when the album was released.. on cassette. back then it was freaking awesome and stopped most guitarist in his wake, to a new direction. a few songs where outstanding.. I agree with that.. its hard for anyone to make a 100% fantastic album. MR. Crowley blew us away with the lead and the outro work.. to this day still one of the best endings.. (I think)

he was famous before his death, and cool before his death.. not just another guitarist.. apparently you where not there in that time.. ( bummer.. it was worth it)

so you dont like randy. thats cool man.. I can understand.. See what Zak what thinks of Randy.. ;-)

• Members

Son wolf , man.. get your facts straight!

why don't you read the {censored}ing post!!!

i didn't say i think Zakk is better than Randy...

Zakk is way more popular than Randy ever was all would have been...

• Members

why don't you
read the {censored}ing post!!!

you said " his songs were rubbish.. he became "cool" because he died,, but at the time he was alive he was just 'nother dime a dozen guitar player. "

I did read the F'ckn post.. you just didnt like mine

• Members

why don't you
read the {censored}ing post!!!

Ha! more popular when? Now? who gives a {censored}, Zack is a total douche bag, that must be why you like him so much and Randy at twenty four was a better player and songwriter than ZW ever was or will be and ZW won't argue that fact.

• Members

I prefer Rhoads. Him, Jake, Yngwie, Eddie and George Lynch were all favorites when I first started playing.

I like Zakk, but lost interest after the 2nd BLS album......

I love Book of Shadows and Pride and Glory, I wish he would buck the trends and do something like that again. Farm fiddlin was kick ass aswell. Otherwise I don't even keep up with him anymore.

• Members

Ha! more popular when? Now? who gives a {censored}, Zack is a total douche bag, that must be why you like him so much and Randy at twenty four was a better player and songwriter than ZW ever was or will be and ZW won't argue that fact.

without crazy train and flying high,, blizzard of oz and diary of a madman are mediocre at best..

Archived