Zakk Wylde or Randy Rhoads???

Son Wolf

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

without crazy train and flying high,, blizzard of oz and diary of a madman are mediocre at best..

LMAO!!!

seriously, you {censored}in' troll, what do you think is a good song? those 2 songs were not even Randy's finest. I Don't Know, Revelation Mother Earth, No Bone Movies (the Tribute version...the solo is amazing, the album versions solo sucks IMO *flame suit on*), SATO, Tonight, Goodbye to Romance, Mr. Crowley...

Randy was by far supierior. Zakk is a huge influence on me, and i love No Rest for the Wicked, No More Tears, Book of Shadows, Pride and Glory, and BLS up to Blessed Hellride (which was the best BLS album...best tone, best writing, best vocals...after that its kinda gotten boring to me, but i still listen to it). Randy was in his 20s and wrote those songs, imagine what he could have done if he lived? popular just cuz he died...thats laughable. he did things in metal that changed the way people thought about metal. before him it was mostly blues-based stuff (Sabbath anyone?)...after him it was totally different.

• Members

Our original poster is clueless about all things writing and guitar I believe if he thinks that Zakk even comes close to the level of writing and playing that Rhoads achieved. Every Oz song by Rhoads was way ahead of the curve and songs like Dee,Steal Away,Sato,Little Dolls,etc.. are proof enough for those in the know. The only good Zakk material is his early Oz and Pride stuff after that he;s no more a guitar God than CC Deville. Its funny but a lot of the actual acknowledged guitar gods agreed that Rhoads was a hybrid guitarist and ahead of his time. The only guys slagging him are trolls or the guys that dont get his tone. Which btw I prefer over many others of the day.

• Members
Our original poster is clueless about all things writing and guitar I believe if he thinks that Zakk even comes close to the level of writing and playing that Rhoads achieved. Every Oz song by Rhoads was way ahead of the curve and songs like Dee,Steal Away,Sato,Little Dolls,etc.. are proof enough for those in the know. The only good Zakk material is his early Oz and Pride stuff after that he;s no more a guitar God than CC Deville. Its funny but a lot of the actual acknowledged guitar gods agreed that Rhoads was a hybrid guitarist and ahead of his time. The only guys slagging him are trolls or the guys that dont get his tone. Which btw I prefer over many others of the day.

i loved Randy's tone and still do, especially on Diary. hell, my tone sounds a lot like his...lots of midrange :mad: makes the tone nice and nasty and there is none better if youre a lead player :love:

• Members

Randy's tones where great in the day.. it was on cassette for me when it first came out.. andin the car ( the old 68 chevy impala with large back seat :-) four 6x9's, it rocked and the lead was very clear and in the zone.. lol.. I almost think they recorded it that way on purpose! lol..

the splawn Quickrods I have can nail that Randy tone.. freaking fun to play.. for those of us who can play neo classical...

• Members
congrats
:thu:

those are two of the worst songs you could ever hear.
:wave:

Dude you obviously dont play or are just one dumb and clueless bastard.
Dee is a great classical composition on par with any other similarly played song you could possibly name.
Let me guess you either think John Mayer is God or that the Mars Volta is better than Zeppelin kinda guy.

• Members
yeah, that's why a play in a successful L.A. metal band. nothing better than doin somethin you hate.
:thu:

Boy you are clueless as most of the Metal community today owes its soul too guys like Iommi and Rhoads. Yet you just keep knocking your roots. For shame. I think you arent too popular amongst your peers with {censored} fukk ideas like the ones you are posting here.

• Members

Boy you are clueless as most of the Metal community today owes its soul too guys like Iommi and Rhoads. Yet you just keep knocking your roots. For shame. I think you arent too popular amongst your peers with {censored} fukk ideas like the ones you are posting here.

successful LA metal band? i wonder what the name of this LA metal band is?

and yes, Iommi and Rhoads are two of THE metal guys who made metal what it is today (along with Maiden, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth...)

i guess Son Wolf's idea of "metal" was Korn and Limp Bizkit? enlighten us Son Wolf. tell us. what is your band's name?

Archived