OT:So, i have custody of my daughter now :)

Shredison

• Members

congratz to ya!

just like all things, its the people that make the person not the dress code or style of the week. glad to see that the system can see past what's on the outside and judges people from the inside

THanks man

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

when I got cust of my kids in bad div, her Atty said "you can't give these kids to a guy who plays in a rock band",," look at his hair"

judge said- " he has a great career history, seems responsible enough to pursue custody. maybe the band to balance his family and career while maintaining his life with his kids who he loves more than the world according to them".

so much easier when you have people that look at WHO you are! especially in these matters. I know many bad dads that dress fancy, have primo haircuts and play golf 2x a week that don't know the names of their kids teachers :freak:

• Members

Duane: Go {censored} yourself. You and your prejudged army. Just cuz you don't like {censored} like that does not bear any relation on how the world should exist. I got long hair, tatts and piercings. I've got four A-Levels - ALL A GRADE - in physics, IT, Mathematics and Music and a first class degree. Man, what a loser, eh?

Shredison: Good luck man! Sounds like you sorted your {censored} out and all the best!

• Members
when I got cust of my kids in bad div, her Atty said "you can't give these kids to a guy who plays in a rock band",," look at his hair"

judge said- " he has a great career history, seems responsible enough to pursue custody. maybe the band to balance his family and career while maintaining his life with his kids who he loves more than the world according to them".

so much easier when you have people that look at WHO you are! especially in these matters. I know many bad dads that dress fancy, have primo haircuts and play golf 2x a week that don't know the names of their kids teachers
:freak:

Believe me, I've seen plenty of {censored}ty dads that meet that description too. In fact... I'd say from my experience, dads that are that caught up in themselves and their business or whatever tend to be worse.

• Members
You're wrong
:)

I'm in IT. I wear a suit to wear. It covers my tattoos nicely. It also covers my piercings. Those piercings that aren't covered have the jewellry taken out if they're in places where guests could be offended (Robb Flynn style nose). I have hair down to my bum, but I can tidily tie it back.

I have a 9 month son. He plays with my hair and my piercings when I cuddle him, and it's a comfort for him. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Yeah, but IT guys are weird. I know, I was one of them. :p

More power to you. You sound like a good dad.

I'd like to point out that I never said that it made you a bad parent or bad person or anything just because of personal appearance choices. I simply was making a point about the message that it sends in general, and the vast majority of people who dress and present themselves in that way. Obviously there are a fair chunk of people NOT like that, which I said as well.

I personally don't want my future kids caught up in that kind of thing. But then I don't want my future kids to be pompous asses either who wear designer clothes and think they're better than everyone. Comfortable middle grounds are nice.

• Members

Duane: Go {censored} yourself. You and your prejudged army. Just cuz you don't like {censored} like that does not bear any relation on how the world should exist. I got long hair, tatts and piercings. I've got four A-Levels - ALL A GRADE - in physics, IT, Mathematics and Music and a first class degree. Man, what a loser, eh?

Shredison: Good luck man! Sounds like you sorted your {censored} out and all the best!

Did you actually read my post? Prejudged army? Who? What?

Good for you? I never said all people who dress or present themselves in that way are losers. I was making more of a point that burnouts tend to dress/present like that. That doesn't mean that all burnouts do, or that all people who dress/present like that are burnouts.

It also doesn't mean people that dress nice are successful or good people. People come from all walks of life. However, it's naive to think that at a job interview, showing up in court, being at an important event, etc is a good place for tatts and piercings.

I mean, personally, I think they're juvenile, but that's my opinion and I can dig that other people like them. I just think that many people prejudge people who dress/present like that, and I hate to say myself included sometimes. I apologized. I try to keep an open mind, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the white trash that I see around Florida that I can't help but form a bias.

• Members

I'm kind of with rememberduane on this. I guess it's just because I would never date a girl with dreads/tats.

I'm also an accountant. If my girlfriend looked like that, it would be embarrassing to bring her to a corporate party. That's just my opinion. It doesn't mean she's a bad person though; just not my style.

P.S. Congratulations on getting full custody of your daughter.

• Members

Whatever, I figured I shouldn't post.

Whatever you guys want to think, I just know when I have a child, I'm not going to have some inked up, dreaded up, pierced up chick hanging out, no matter how hot she is.

You're the last person I thought Id see judge a book by its cover.

• Members
I have zero interest in girls who look like that. Therefore, it's a win-win situation for me!
:love:

What I meant was, I dont hang out with people who are more concerned about corporate appearances than they are about actual people. :cool:

• Members

Bah, all that arguing and what it really comes down to is Shredi failed completely to post pics of the hot chick with dreads, piercings and tats....the skimpier the outfit the better please ;)

• Members

Dreads, piercings, tatts?

I'm sorry to pass judgment, but maybe you should rethink your life and who you want in it now that you have responsibility of your baby girl. Obviously you care more than the mother, but I really hope this is a troll thread or something. I feel bad for that child.

LOL, what a {censored}ing retard.

• Members

Shes not a slutty chick....so no skimpy pics. Ill try and get her to send me some pics of her though

She has to be... if she has dreads and tats...

J/K

On a side note, I was the only dude in my business school with a mohawk and Megadeth/Dark Angel/King Diamond shirts. It was ok at the time, but then I just grew out of it. My teachers thought it was ridiculous. There came a time when I realized that there are great financial benefits to dressing like a member of the corporate community.

It's not for everyone.

• Members

Shred - glad to hear that you've got your girl where she needs to be...away from that psychotic sleezy. And also glad to hear that you didn't have to put her through an extended, bitter custody battle.

My thoughts are that although it seems to finally be over with your ex.....it NEVER is. Keep that in mind as you begin to raise your daughter. That woman will always be there. Things could go smooth.....or they can go very bad.

My son's mother and I have been split for 10 years...we share custody. But she is still a part of my life, whether I like it or not (which absolutely thrills my wife.) For the most part, we've gotten along fine....but we've had our moments.

Do right by your daughter FIRST....and the rest will fall into place.

Sorry to be preachy, man. I'm sure you've got it all under control.

Archived