OT:So, i have custody of my daughter now :)

Shredison

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we all understand what duane is saying and know what he means. He just misaid it in a way that easily can be taken offensively. There's a bunch of poor people in this world (not directed at any of you guys, yall seem cool :) ) and he just made a remark about hoping the baby wont be poorly influenced and live a bad life. I mean I would have 2nd thoughts about the quality of a product from China for example, even though that things and this is people...but still similiar enough principle!

• Members

Did you actually read my post? Prejudged army? Who? What?

Good for you? I never said all people who dress or present themselves in that way are losers. I was making more of a point that burnouts tend to dress/present like that. That doesn't mean that all burnouts do, or that all people who dress/present like that are burnouts.

It also doesn't mean people that dress nice are successful or good people. People come from all walks of life. However, it's naive to think that at a job interview, showing up in court, being at an important event, etc is a good place for tatts and piercings.

I mean, personally, I think they're juvenile, but that's my opinion and I can dig that other people like them. I just think that many people prejudge people who dress/present like that, and I hate to say myself included sometimes. I apologized. I try to keep an open mind, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the white trash that I see around Florida that I can't help but form a bias.

Dude - you need to re-think this. You obviously pre-judged the guy's new girlfriend based on his description of her style/looks. When you pre-judge, you are making the assumption that most, if not, all people with that style are losers which is stereotyping. It's like saying black people like watermelon, fried chicken and grape soda and it is just as ridiculous. I see you are trying to apologize and backtrack, but the backtracking just isn't working.

Steve

• Members

It seems I made a pretty {censored}ty statement. I've since apologised. Fact is, we all have prejudices of sorts. I guess I never really realized mine. Coming from a small town in Florida, I guess I'm just so used to attaching that look to trashy people (with legitimate reasons) that I didn't think straight about it.

Sorry guys. I'll be sure not to judge a book by its cover again. I feel pretty dumb about it, in fact. Thanks for setting me straight.

Very cool - wish I'd have seen this before I posted...

Steve

• Members
Shredison, I believe I read a post of yours that stated you worked a manual labor/trade job; odd to see you saying you're an accountant.
:confused:

i have never worked a man labor job in my life.... im an accountant for H&R BLock

• Members

Were you the guy that posted a while ago that his ex was coming to see him at work to flip out about the daughter or something? I cant remember who it was.

yeah...shes was gonna come to my job to try and get me fired haha....crazy biotch

• Members

Whatever, I figured I shouldn't post.

Whatever you guys want to think, I just know when I have a child, I'm not going to have some inked up, dreaded up, pierced up chick hanging out, no matter how hot she is. Speaks to a lifestyle I wouldn't want to project upon my daughter.

If that makes me ignorant in your eyes, whatever. I just know how few successful people live that sort of lifestyle. I see the corporate world, I see the academic world, and I don't see many people with tats, piercings, and dreads. Then I go down to the local bar and see the washouts, and those are the people I see sporting those styles.

It was cool in high school, maybe college, but I find it sad to see adults still trying to be cool through supposedly counterculture styles or emulating rockstars.

I'm not saying all people that are like that have washed out, nor does it mean they're low class or lack anything. I just know what I see in the vast majority of cases.

Hopefully I was wrong about this one.

omg more people should think like this guy. a girl with dreads and tats could never be a good mother or wife!

ARE YOU {censored}ING KIDDING ME YOU IGNORANT PIECE OF {censored}????

but seriously, get bent.

EDIT: nevermind, i decided to actually read the thread, im glad you see the other side of it =D

• Members

omg more people should think like this guy. a girl with dreads and tats could never be a good mother or wife!

ARE YOU {censored}ING KIDDING ME YOU IGNORANT PIECE OF {censored}????

but seriously, get bent.

EDIT: nevermind, i decided to actually read the thread, im glad you see the other side of it =D

just delete your post, that way no one will get mad.

• Members

Dreads, piercings, tatts?

I'm sorry to pass judgment, but maybe you should rethink your life and who you want in it now that you have responsibility of your baby girl. Obviously you care more than the mother, but I really hope this is a troll thread or something. I feel bad for that child.

stfu. the way people look has nothing to do with what kind of person they are.

• Members
Dude - you need to re-think this. You obviously pre-judged the guy's new girlfriend based on his description of her style/looks. When you pre-judge, you are making the assumption that most, if not, all people with that style are losers which is stereotyping. It's like saying black people like watermelon, fried chicken and grape soda and it is just as ridiculous. I see you are trying to apologize and backtrack, but the backtracking just isn't working.

Steve

No, thats true about black folks.:D

• Members

Dreads, piercings, tatts?

I'm sorry to pass judgment, but maybe you should rethink your life and who you want in it now that you have responsibility of your baby girl. Obviously you care more than the mother, but I really hope this is a troll thread or something. I feel bad for that child.

That was an asshole thing to say. If you are going to pass judgement you might as well keep your mouth shut.

To the Topic starter. Congratulations, it sounds like you are on your way to a happy life!

Archived