OT:So, i have custody of my daughter now :)

Shredison

• Members

I know i havent been on here in a while, but i've finally got custody of my baby girl. Her mom just gave it up like nothing. Im happier than ever. I met a new chick, that is gorgeous. Has dreads, the piercings the tatts. First thing she asked me was "do you like death(the band)"???. So shes an instant keeper for that. Anyway, i just thought id update everyone on my situation. :wave:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dreads, piercings, tatts?

I'm sorry to pass judgment, but maybe you should rethink your life and who you want in it now that you have responsibility of your baby girl. Obviously you care more than the mother, but I really hope this is a troll thread or something. I feel bad for that child.

• Members

I'm sorry to pass judgment, but maybe you should rethink your life and who you want in it now that you have responsibility of your baby girl. Obviously you care more than the mother, but I really hope this is a troll thread or something. I feel bad for that child.

WOW!!....ignorant are we??

• Members

do you really think that being getting involved with an interesting girl makes him a bad father, or whatever you are implying by feeling bad for the child?

i hope i'm missing something here.

• Members

Whatever, I figured I shouldn't post.

Whatever you guys want to think, I just know when I have a child, I'm not going to have some inked up, dreaded up, pierced up chick hanging out, no matter how hot she is. Speaks to a lifestyle I wouldn't want to project upon my daughter.

If that makes me ignorant in your eyes, whatever. I just know how few successful people live that sort of lifestyle. I see the corporate world, I see the academic world, and I don't see many people with tats, piercings, and dreads. Then I go down to the local bar and see the washouts, and those are the people I see sporting those styles.

It was cool in high school, maybe college, but I find it sad to see adults still trying to be cool through supposedly counterculture styles or emulating rockstars.

I'm not saying all people that are like that have washed out, nor does it mean they're low class or lack anything. I just know what I see in the vast majority of cases.

Hopefully I was wrong about this one.

• Members

Whatever you guys want to think, I just know when I have a child, I'm not going to have some inked up, dreaded up, pierced up chick hanging out, no matter how hot she is. Speaks to a lifestyle I wouldn't want to project upon my daughter.

If that makes me ignorant in your eyes, whatever. I just know how few successful people live that sort of lifestyle. I see the corporate world, I see the academic world, and I don't see many people with tats, piercings, and dreads. Then I go down to the local bar and see the washouts, and those are the people I see sporting those styles.

It was cool in high school, maybe college, but I find it sad to see adults still trying to be cool through supposedly counterculture styles or emulating rockstars.

I'm not saying all people that are like that have washed out, nor does it mean they're low class or lack anything. I just know what I see in the vast majority of cases.

Im an accountant, and shes an RN.....real washouts arent we :thu:

• Members

He might be a great dad and a women with dreads tats and piecing

• Members

completely.

Whatever man. I just know if you go to a meaningful job interview (read: not at Starbucks), you're not going to be taken seriously with tats, piercings, and dreads.

It's just kind of pathetic to see adults like that, IMO. It's a rather immature look that speaks to being stuck in high school with a Megadeth t-shirt. I've known one or two anomalies in the corporate world, but they're not interfacing with anyone that matters. Typically programmers, actually.

• Members

Im an accountant, and shes an RN.....real washouts arent we
:thu:

Like I said, not everyone is. I said specifically that not everyone is like that. But to not admit that most who present themselves in that way aren't typically in the upper echelons of the workforce or society is rather naive.

Good to know that the child is in good hands, and congratulations on getting her from a mother that seemingly didn't care. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, and I wish you the best of luck in being a great dad.

Oh, and good luck on the lady.

• Members

Like I said, not everyone is. I said specifically that not everyone is like that. But to not admit that most who present themselves in that way aren't typically in the upper echelons of the workforce or society is rather naive.

Good to know that the child is in good hands, and congratulations on getting her from a mother that seemingly didn't care. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, and I wish you the best of luck in being a great dad.

Oh, and good luck on the lady.

Thanks man....i just got a little offended with the whole, i feel sorry for the daughter comment.

• Members

You're wrong :)

I'm in IT. I wear a suit to wear. It covers my tattoos nicely. It also covers my piercings. Those piercings that aren't covered have the jewellry taken out if they're in places where guests could be offended (Robb Flynn style nose). I have hair down to my bum, but I can tidily tie it back.

I have a 9 month son. He plays with my hair and my piercings when I cuddle him, and it's a comfort for him. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

• Members

Indeed, he is an ignorant fool.

the guy has apologised more than once... and he was never intentionally or directly insulting... he was just bringing forth his reservations about the situation... i wonder who is the ignorant fool.

Archived