Music Proffesionals I need your advice on a little brat i that is a little genious.

minimoog

• Members

I do think though that suggesting that someone join the military is just as political as questioning that advice.

That's a fair comparison and I can see why you responded the way you did. I apologize for my response. The door was already open before you posted.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, clearly, the way to attract Drool's attention is to NOT talk about synths.
:lol:
Hi, Droolers! Welcome to this thread.

Well....

there is very little talk here about synths and music that I find interesting. I'm sorry for that. Obviously you'd rather I'd leave. Unfortunately I haven't totally given up yet.

• Members

I've known a few REALLY TALENTED people who lacked the discipline to do anything real with it. It IS a shame, but that is too bad, and not worth wasting my time on. Now, I learn to recognize the self defeating traits and avoid them from the start.

If this were me, I would admit to him I was impressed with what he is doing, but the rest of the package is what is missing. Dicipline, stamina, professionalism, direction.... good luck on life.

What good is the world's greatest race car driver if he never enters any races? So... he's turned a few amazing laps... is he REALLY a race car driver if he never races? I say, "Nope."

Sometimes talent IS wasted.

• Members

Some people become addicted to laziness and shiftlessness the way drug addicts are addicted to drugs. It's habit forming, a way to get through the day.

He needs someone whose opinion he respects to sit him down and ask him that all important question: "What do you want in this life?"

If the response is, "Nothing," then congratulate him on achieving exactly what he set out for.

But the transition to adulthood is never easy for people who are already so far gone by the time they're 18. He may be talented at making music, but it won't matter if he can't hack it as a human being. He needs tough love. Give him a solid deadline to get a full-time job, or he's out on his ear.

The military isn't always a good answer. It works for some people who yearn for structure, discipline, and purpose, but certain personalities are not a good match.

• Members

this a very small example

abosute no musical background

1.2 mhz celeron 512 of ram or maybe even less

no instrument keyboard (using hes pc keyboard). FL 8 craked version.

He was more complex ones but this is what i got at the moment ,has many many more

P.D triying to help him with hes tempos and Mastering but most of the time he is showing me new songs he just made

• Members

this a very small example

1.2 mhz celeron 512 of ram or maybe even less

no instrument keyboard (using hes pc keyboard). FL 8 craked version.

He was more complex ones but this is what i got at the moment ,has many many more

P.D triying to help him with hes tempos and Mastering but most of the time he is showing me new songs he just made

LOL,

tumblr_lyu5w12uej1qca76a.gif

If I had a radio that played music like that, I'd throw it in the bathtub

• Members

Musicians don't get anywhere without discipline. Singers are an exception, but even that rarely ends well.

The music business is very tough. You could be the next Michael Jackson but success won't be handed to you on a silver platter.

• Members

It didn't get the "musical genius" vibe listening to that clip, even knowing he was using a less than ideal platform to compose with. Perhaps I missed something. I'm glad his music moves you. It is nice when some artists are finally discovered by their niche audience. If he enjoys making it and you enjoy listening then that is all that really counts.

• Members

Teach him that using cracked software is wrong

That's a whole other debate. Right and wrong are subjective, anyway.

I'm 22, but I don't know what it's like to be a complete bum and treat my mother like crap. I was often a brat when I was a child, as most children are, but I have always responded to someone showing me how I effect other people. If this guy cares about his mother, show him what he's doing wrong; don't just tell him. If you yell at him about it, he's not going to change, and he'll violently resent you.

• Members

Agreed, but that isn't what I said.

I was suggesting he see how receptive this kid is to him before he wastes energy trying to help. If he's using cracked software then he certainly has justified it in his own mind. Minimoog will know if the kid cares enough about his opinion enough to listen when they disagree. Not saying to it will work. It won't, but his responses will tell Minimoog a lot about the kid's receptivity to him.

Theft is theft. Paint it with whatever color of rationalization you like.

Don't try the conservative approach. Theft is also subjective.

• Members

I need your advice on teenage musical genious ...... this a very small example

Mozart was a teenage genius. His teenage stuff wasn't "hey, that's not bad for a teenager", it's the stuff that's on the radio in 2012.

NO WAY!

• Members

The clip sounds chaotic, hyper, and angry. With all sincerity, I'm wondering: Is he on some sort of medication for a behavioral disorder?

I'd be interested to hear more examples of his work, Minimoog. It's hard to tell from that example if he has potential -- taking into account that he's using an outdated computer with no keyboard controller.

But it is interesting that, based on your description of his behavior and personality, the traits you mentioned seem to come across in his music.

• Members

Unless you have a long standing relationship with the kid-who's-now-legally-an-adult, I don't think you have much of a direct role.

That said, I would do what I could to encourage him to follow his passion in music. That clip didn't do much for me, but if nothing else, it's important for young adults to pursue something they care about and learn the importance of focusing on something and refining the craft of it. He almost certainly won't end up being the next Skrillex, but he'll at least have learned something about applying himself and focusing, traits that are often lost on the layabout generation.

• Members

I was asking more in Term's of what todo in term's to maybe take

clases or etc

He has like 100 of them, I have no acces to new ones this one's

is like a little more than year old.

I have seen him make the lirycs melody of the Voice while recording not even thinking what he is going to sing or how the melody is going to go ..

that is all him on voice I think he was like 16 or just turned 17 when he did that song and allready was talking about some not so positive stuff:facepalm:

Well I think for some one that has no music education or background uses a 1.2 mhz celeron with 512 or less of ram , and Does the note parts with a PC keyboard

and does not even has a soundcard connected to the Shure mic .... and just starting to mess with computer's i say that is preatty good.

P.S Don't go there much, but there was a time he was making does songs at 3 am at very loud levels (hes mom and neighbors not getting much sleep)

• Members

I was asking more in Term's of what todo in term's to maybe take clases or etc

Is there any reason to believe he would apply himself in classes and consistently practice lessons? Their money might be better spent on therapy or family counseling. You painted a very grim picture of this kid.

BTW, if that last track, 'Me Encant

Archived