Music Proffesionals I need your advice on a little brat i that is a little genious.

minimoog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Is there any reason to believe he would apply himself in classes and consistently practice lessons? Their money might be better spent on therapy or family counseling. You painted a very grim picture of this kid.

BTW, if that last track, 'Me Encant

• Members

Whoops, posted early by mistake. Anyhoo, your young friend has created an amazing, thoughtful collage..... of {censored}.
:lol:
I say this with 100% honesty: it sounds like a teenage kid who is messing around with a cracked copy of FL.
:facepalm::lol:

I assume we ain't trolling here, but the second clip was better than the first, the Soundcloud is not as bad. The only problem is that it sounds pretty much like everybody on the radio these days, with the plug-in sound and simplistic beat loop structure. Actually less than radio, because most club-pop does provide a chorus or some other jump up thing, and most hip hop tunes that aren't throwaways offer contrasts in their beats that are lacking here. The hip-hop is not bad for amateur hip-hop though.

• Members

I assume we ain't trolling here, but the second clip was better than the first, the Soundcloud is not as bad. The only problem is that it sounds pretty much like everybody on the radio these days, with the plug-in sound and simplistic beat loop structure. Actually less than radio, because most club-pop does provide a chorus or some other jump up thing, and most hip hop tunes that aren't throwaways offer contrasts in their beats that are lacking here. The hip-hop is not bad for amateur hip-hop though.

Yea even i know that's wrong

• Members

I assume we ain't trolling here, but the second clip was better than the first, .

I could be wrong but I don't think they were done by the same person. The second one is fine, it's in a completely different league than the first.

Well my point that he almost uses a commodore 64 to make music and does not even know the Note "c".

Dude, it's a 1.2 ghz with 512mb RAM. There were major league albums done on stuff like that. Those specs would kill any ADAT-type $20K studio in the 90s. I have no idea why you keep bringing that up, you're acting like it was a Tascam PortaStudio.

• Members

Yea even i know that's wrong

I'm far from a #1 expert in hip-hop, but at least I know people who have made it and DJed it, so my take from that perspective. :lol:

The note "C" is not important in hip-hop. Hip-hop is a music form that is great for amateurs because you don't need to know music to make something quite listenable. You just loop a beat and some samples and rhyme over it. That part can be pretty easy to be honest, so a lot of the skill in hip hop ends up being both *what* you say and *how* you say it. I don't speak Spanish, so I can't tell if what the guy was saying was anything special. But the flow wasn't bad to me. (Nothing awesome, but nothing like the terrible stuff you sometimes see passed around on the Youtubes.)

The note "C" and other elements of music are actually starting to be important in today's merged hip-hop / club music. So if that kid actually aspires to be the next David Guetta, based on that techno track attempt, he has a long, long way to go.

• Members

The note "C" is not important in hip-hop. Hip-hop is a music form that is great for amateurs because you don't need to know music to make something quite listenable. You just loop a beat and some samples and rhyme over it. .

Even classical music isn't that difficult when one considers how many people can play it at a reasonably well level, and that's something that takes years of practice and education.

• Members

I could be wrong but I don't think they were done by the same person. The second one is fine, it's in a completely different league than the first.

Dude, it's a 1.2 ghz with 512mb RAM. There were major league albums done on stuff like that. Those specs would kill any ADAT-type $20K studio in the 90s. I have no idea why you keep bringing that up, you're acting like it was a Tascam

PortaStudio.

LOL. and he does not even have a sound card . he goes directly to the Compaq internal audio card .

Well my point was what to do with him musically,

I have seen him made lots of songs I really think he

has real potential for hes situation.

But Piano or singing clases or Computer Making clases??

Archived