OT:Worst day of my life :'(

Shredison

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you're going to get your transmission rebuilt, whatever you do don't take it to AAMCO. That place ripped me off big time a few years ago and I'd hate to see that happen to somebody else.

I know that they had a 6-months same as cash program there....I would imagine that other transmission shops may have programs like that as well. Don't know what kind of ride you have so maybe it's not even worth fixing the transmission....you're probably looking at $2000+ for a rebuild. If your car is a 5-speed, you may be able to get by for less money. So you could get your car fixed and try to pay it off over the next 6 months or so....but be careful, I'm sure most of those 6-months-same-as-cash programs have steep pentalties if you don't pay off the loan in time.

Just my $0.02...I hope things work out for you.

• Members

On Top Gear they bought some cars for "100 quid" whatever that is. IT seemed cheap. See if you can find it on youtube, you might be able to do the same thing they did. They said somethinga bout how it costs money to dispose of old(ish) cars and dealers will let them go for peanuts.

• Members

So instead of working on a way to fix the situation you decided to come onto HCAF and bitch? Wasn't it you who was crying last time because you didn't have a job, or something like that?

Seriously, grow up, man up and figure a way out of this situation. If you're just going to give up then you deserve what you get. Nothing worthwhile comes easy. So stick a tampon in and figure out a way to remedy your little situation.

• Members

Call the boss of your new job. Tell him your getting ass {censored}ed by lady lucks big brother and need to temporarily adjust your schedule so you can take the bus.

Unless they are assholes they will understand that {censored} happens..if they are assholes you don't want to work there.

• Members

Just another road block man, I could spit cliche's but what you need to do is get through it. No time for pride, anger, etc. You're man enough to get custody of your kid and you'll get through this.

I'd go to the bank and get a loan, they should help you out if you explain your situation. You should be able to get a decent car and make minimum payments. I'd say get a bike and pedal your ass there, but you also have your kid to worry about.

Good luck. (Perhaps some Hatebreed, namely the song, "Perseverance" would help?)

• Members

im 17 and the worst day of my life was when my car broke down, i got fired from a serious job (it was a salary job, not a typical teenage job,) my band kicked me out, my other band broke up, and my baseball team tried to kick me out over a misinterpretation.

my entire life came to a standstill while i had to mend all of that

oh and facefirst, when i look at your avatar, i thought for the longest time she was holding pizza slices up against her chest. it confused the hell out of me

• Members

im 17 and the worst day of my life was when my car broke down, i got fired from a serious job (it was a salary job, not a typical teenage job,) my band kicked me out, my other band broke up, and my baseball team tried to kick me out over a misinterpretation.

my entire life came to a standstill while i had to mend all of that

oh and facefirst, when i look at your avatar, i thought for the longest time she was holding pizza slices up against her chest. it confused the hell out of me

Time to write a blues tune guy! Sheeeyit

• Members

I remember you saying you were an accountant for H&R block. You don't sound like much of an accountant if you're 20 (doubt you have a college accounting degree) and broke. You wouldn't be the first and last person to stretch the truth on the internet.

• Members

Wait, you mean that's not pizza??? Time for a new avatar. I only thought it was hot becasue I'm Italian and she was rubbing her boobies with two slices.

• Members

Transmission went out on my car, dont have the money to fix it, just got an advertisement/marketing job and now have no way of getting to it seeing how its an hour away. I have no family here, no "real" friends, i dont know what to do. I dont understand why {censored} like this happens to me.

Be positive. You will find a way.

• Members
Transmission went out on my car, dont have the money to fix it, just got an advertisement/marketing job and now have no way of getting to it seeing how its an hour away. I have no family here, no "real" friends, i dont know what to do. I dont understand why {censored} like this happens to me.

Those are your typical growing pains as a young man.

Believe me, you will be tested more in the future. Not to be the harbinger of doom but divorces, family deaths, getting fired, unplanned pregnancies...it can be much worse. Put it all into perspective...

Stay positive, get a plan for your life and surround yourself with good people.

Don't trip potato chip! :)

• Members

The truth is, life is a dirty slutty bitch who will try to {censored} you over whenever possible.

It's your duty to sneak up on life when she's doing the dishes and strangle the {censored} out of that little bitch then throw her on the floor and just {censored}ing go to town on her filthy ass. At some point you've gotta fist life in the ass. Then once you've cleaned your cock off on life's drapes you need to tell her to get in the kitchen and make you a microwave burrito.

• Members

You are young, don't sweat it, there are many ways to skin a cat try one or more of the following:

1) Call the credit card company tell them what is going on, they may extend your limit.

2) Go to a bank, use your car's equity (assuming you have any) to collateralize a loan for transmission repairs.

3) Take the offer letter from the new company stating your position and your pay to the bank, use that as a basis to receive an unsecured loan for the transmission (and try to get enough to cover the credit card you are trying to pay off too - it will be a lower interest rate).

4) Tell your new employer everything that is going on, don't try to hide things from him. As a buisness owner myself I understand that life can be challenging at times and if he felt you were the right canidate for the job (which he obviously did or he wouldn't have hired you) then he'll be willing to wait a few days while your transmission is being repaired.

Good luck!

• Members

You are young, don't sweat it, there are many ways to skin a cat try one or more of the following:

1) Call the credit card company tell them what is going on, they may extend your limit.

2) Go to a bank, use your car's equity (assuming you have any) to collateralize a loan for transmission repairs.

3) Take the offer letter from the new company stating your position and your pay to the bank, use that as a basis to receive an unsecured loan for the transmission (and try to get enough to cover the credit card you are trying to pay off too - it will be a lower interest rate).

4) Tell your new employer everything that is going on, don't try to hide things from him. As a buisness owner myself I understand that life can be challenging at times and if he felt you were the right canidate for the job (which he obviously did or he wouldn't have hired you) then he'll be willing to wait a few days while your transmission is being repaired.

Good luck!

This is the best advice that Ive seen yet IMO... I do have to agree that if today is as bad as life gets for you, Youre a lucky bastid..

Keep your head up, Keep positive and Put your energy towards finding a solution , not feeling sorry for yourself. I dont mean that as a dig, its just that no matter how much the situation sucks, feeling sorry for yourself isnt productive and youre still left with your original dilema...

Put your thinking cap on, start hustling to come up with a solution and Make it happen Cap'n!!!

Good Luck Shreddy!!!

Kage

Archived