OT:Worst day of my life :'(

Shredison

• Members

Transmission went out on my car, dont have the money to fix it, just got an advertisement/marketing job and now have no way of getting to it seeing how its an hour away. I have no family here, no "real" friends, i dont know what to do. I dont understand why {censored} like this happens to me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No....just had to pay rent, and daycare. Oh...and i believe you have to be 25 to rent a car. I need five more years

Some places are 25, some are 21. You gotta have alot of room on the CC though just as a safety precaution for them.

Speak with the hiring manager, explain the situation and see what he can do for you. I.e. talk other people in your area that work there for carpool.

• Members

Get a CC?

Ask parents for money?

Sell gear?

Public Transport?

Throw $50 at a neighbour for a lift for couple of weeks?

Seriously..this has to be easily solveable...

Thanks man

Cc's got maxed out by the ex so im paying them off

My moms fairly broke, or that would have been my first option

I have one guitar worth nothing.

I wouldnt get to work on time if i were to take the bus...have to be there by 7 i dont think they start running hear til 5, and it takes an hour or more to get there by car. Bus would take HOURS.

None of my neighbors work in the same area.

Im screwed

• Members

Maybe you could go to one of those cash advance places and use A LITTLE BIT of money for a cab to get there and see about getting into a carpool. You wouldn't have to necessarily do it both ways either. You could bus it home.

You could call your boss and let him/her know about your situation and maybe they can let you know about some existing carpools.

• Members

You'd be surprised how cheap some cars can be. I got my Camaro for $1500. A whole car, runs perfectly. Had to replace the brake pads and the starter went out... but it's easy to work on and pretty simple.

KyleRS16.jpg

Obviously, $1500 isnt a small amount of money, but maybe you could try to get a loan or something and find another car or fix the one you have. If it's a more common car you may be able to snatch another transmission from a junkyard or something. But this is one of htose times where friends with tools and equipment would help a lot and I dont get the impression you have any of those... I don't know what to tell you, man. :(

You may have to just get a job closer to home. :(

• Members
You'd be surprised how cheap some cars can be. I got my Camaro for $1500. A whole car, runs perfectly. Had to replace the brake pads and the starter went out... but it's easy to work on and pretty simple.

KyleRS16.jpg

Obviously, $1500 isnt a small amount of money, but maybe you could try to get a loan or something and find another car or fix the one you have. If it's a more common car you may be able to snatch another transmission from a junkyard or something. But this is one of htose times where friends with tools and equipment would help a lot and I dont get the impression you have any of those... I don't know what to tell you, man.
:(

You may have to just get a job closer to home.
:(

A car like that requires a mullet.

• Members
Transmission went out on my car, dont have the money to fix it, just got an advertisement/marketing job and now have no way of getting to it seeing how its an hour away. I have no family here, no "real" friends, i dont know what to do. I dont understand why {censored} like this happens to me.

i am sooooooooooooooo sorry :cry:

would you liek a hug? :confused:

a_1394.gund-brighton-white-teddy-bear-st

• Members

Umm......how about----go to a bank and get a loan? Given your situation I'm sure they would lend you enough to, at minimum, get your car fixed. Be sure to speak to a loan officer and explain your situation fully (and stress that you just got a NEW/GOOD job).

Archived