OT so what does everyone thing about the immegration bill?

nerol1st

• Members

Items 1 - 10 are California statistics. The stats is Texas are much the same.

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are

working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are

edominantlyillegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans

on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all immates in California detention centers are Mexican

nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely

illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish.

(10.2 million people in L.A. County)

(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare http://www.cis.org

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida and New York) results in immigration.

The cost of illegal immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) 70 BILLION a year.

Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University.

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE.

29% of immates in federal prison are illegal aliens.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone who thinks you solve illegal immigration by waving a magic wand and saying "Bam! They're legal now!" is a moron.

+1

the immigration bill is just political horse {censored} to try and suddenly get more voters on the side of the party who passes it.

• Members

You're a bit misguided here. There is nothing wrong with a mult-lingual society. While visiting Italy I noticed people were alot more educated in terms of language, many of them spoke English and Spanish. This is a non-issue unless you're racist.

Please don't pull the racism card; it makes you look like an idiot and you seem to defend the remainder of your position fairly well... I would think the opposite would be true: if you want everything to be fair, offer everything in every language that anyone in America speaks... there are lots of Russian immigrants here legally--yet there's no push to put everything in their language. There are people whose native tongue is French; what about equal rights for them, too? Why is it that European immigrants are not awarded the same rights and accomodations as Hispanic immigrants? Ever think about it?

• Members

Please don't pull the racism card; it makes you look like an idiot and you seem to defend the remainder of your position fairly well...

Let's see where this goes...

I would think the opposite would be true: if you want everything to be fair, offer everything in every language that anyone in America speaks... there are lots of Russian immigrants here legally--yet there's no push to put everything in their language. There are people whose native tongue is French; what about equal rights for them, too? Why is it that European immigrants are not awarded the same rights and accomodations as Hispanic immigrants? Ever think about it?

Why should anyone think about it? There is no official language of the United States of America. Ever think about THAT?

As for being "awarded rights," it is a Constitutionally protected right to be able to communicate in whatever language you choose - Yep, even if you MAKE ONE UP. That's called freedom of speech, and *EVERY* immigrant is guaranteed that right.... And get this: EVEN THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE GUARANTEED FREE SPEECH UNDER U.S. LAW.

So that means you have no point here, except to isolate Spanish speakers in an official-languages tangent, in the context of an illegal immigration thread. If you can't see the inherent racism in that then I feel sorry for you.

• Members

Ya know,

One can feel sorry for an illegal, feel their pain, understand what they are trying to accomplish here.

However, because they have chosen to disobey our laws - they really deserve to reap the consequences. Does that make me a racist because I'm honestly seeking to uphold our laws? Of course not!! (should be a given)

The sheer numbers that have been flooding this country is out of control.

Oh, BTW, here in New Haven, Ct., the illustrious mayor and alderman have decided to issue resident ID cards for ALL New Haven occupants - so all the illegals can get in on the privileges that citizens enjoy.

Come on down!!! Lets just rip the fences down and save time.

I stand by my earlier post.

• Members

Ya know,

One can feel sorry for an illegal, feel their pain, understand what they are trying to accomplish here.

However, because they have chosen to disobey our laws - they really deserve to reap the consequences. Does that make me a racist because I'm honestly seeking to uphold our laws? Of course not!! (should be a given)

agreed.

• Members

People who oppose "illegal immigration" are racists and anti-capitalists, and I don't have any patience for either.

The sooner we create a unified North American economic zone, the sooner people see this for the non-issue it is.

I dont have patience for idiotic cluless asshole like statements! :wave:

The USA has EVERY RIGHT to know whos coming into the country every right! - who has a gun? Who has a social disease? Communicable disease? Who has drugs? Whos a felon? Who has a bomb? Who is a criminal? --- Of course of course im a racist for asking those questions, right? :freak:

You have NO BULLETS in your gun so its typical for those who favor this bull{censored} to just name call and cry racism, soooo predicatable + pathetic! :freak:

I guess 70% of all Americans + almost 50% of LEGAL HISPANICS are racist also? They dont want amnesty + dont agree with this

:wave:

• Members

Please don't pull the racism card; it makes you look like an idiot and you seem to defend the remainder of your position fairly well... I would think the opposite would be true: if you want everything to be fair, offer everything in every language that anyone in America speaks... there are lots of Russian immigrants here legally--yet there's no push to put everything in their language. There are people whose native tongue is French; what about equal rights for them, too? Why is it that European immigrants are not awarded the same rights and accomodations as Hispanic immigrants? Ever think about it?

Why don't you think this through for a second. I said in Italy they knew how to speak english and spanish, not sanskrit. Thats because these are common languages used worldwide, also because they are lots of english and spanish speaking people visiting the country, plus they are relatively close to spain and england, there's probably a large french speaking population there too, I just didn't notice in the two weeks I was there. Sanskrit, however is totally useless to them and while there may be an sizable Indian population there (I have no idea) it really doesn't come into use at all unless you actually go to India

Why is it good to learn spanish? Well we share a boarder with a spanish speaking country and it is one of the most commonly used languages in the world. Tell me, do either of those things apply to Russian? I don't plan on visiting Russia or Kazakhstan anytime soon.

• Members

The USA has EVERY RIGHT to know whos coming into the country every right! - who has a gun? Who has a social disease? Communicable disease? Who has drugs? Whos a felon? Who has a bomb? Who is a criminal? --- Of course of course im a racist for asking those questions, right?
:freak:

Your scare tactic logic has no effect on me.

You have NO BULLETS in your gun so its typical for those who favor this bull{censored} to just name call and cry racism, soooo predicatable + pathetic!
:freak:

Bullets? You're creepy, dude.

• Members

English should be encouraged. Not only is it the language of the founding documents, law, and most people here, it is the unifying language and is part of the reason why ethnic conclaves slowly disentegrated. The last thing you want is cultural strife. I think some people are terribly ignorant of the strife that different linguistic groups and the different cultural enclaves they help to hold up have caused. You can see all these conflicts in history. We dare ignore history at our peril.

People who accuse others of racism have no argument are using it as an insult. It's more cultural than anything.

You're acting like this would be the first multilingual society, have you heard of Canada? Not to mention China and most of Europe where there is more than one common language spoken.

• Members

There's a simple fact that people like phishmonkey ignore.

These immigrants are criminals. It is against our laws to come into the country without due process. So not only do you NOT get the title, but you have no rights as a citizen.

We already have procedures inplace to deal with this. It's been ignored for too...and has piled up into a catastrophe.

phishmonkey and someone else up there thinks it's no big deal or pure racism. These people have not carefully examined the facts and figures of it, especially in crucial areas like California, Texas, Arizona and Florida. They are just going on emotion...trying very hard to be poliitcally correct and all-around good guy.

I say we have a vote....and if you want the illegals here as automatic citizens, bypassing our long-standiong sustem....then the ones that vote for it...pay for it.

Deal?

I doubt it. It's all real cute and good-guy-ish until you have to put your own money where your mouth is.

• Members

The immigration bill that they are trying to pass is not what the American people want. If the American people voted on it instead of the dumbass politicians, it would not even be close. It's a shame what our politicians are doing to this country.

• Members

Awesome - so another racism related thread!

All we need now is some over-hyper-sensitive morons to wangle out some psychobabble and some rather clever witicisms...

*grabs popcorn*

It's not about racism.

It's about protecting our society and working within the guidelines.

If you examine prior waves of immigration...you get a MUCH different picture of what peole wanted and did for their citizenship.

Wasn't easy. In fact it was damn rough. Peopel WERE very racist and segregated themselves. But they went through the motions...yet still didn;t demand everyone speake their specific language.

The people who bring up charges of racism on this issue are grasping fro straws. Using the biggest guilt words they can find....which have NOTHING to do tih the real issues and problems.

Don;t mind if you come here. It's a great country. But do it right. EARN it.

Don't sneak over....have your babies...abuse the system....don't work...don;t pay your fair share taxes.

Sure, there are plenty of Aemericans that do that very thing. But they have their LEGAL standing.

I'm not racist, but I do prefer that you attempt to follow the laws of the land, and not force your ways. It's a melting pot, which means you can change the pot AND the pot changes you.

• Members

There's a simple fact that people like phishmonkey ignore.

These immigrants are criminals. It is against our laws to come into the country without due process. So not only do you NOT get the title, but you have no rights as a citizen.

We already have procedures inplace to deal with this. It's been ignored for too...and has piled up into a catastrophe.

phishmonkey and someone else up there thinks it's no big deal or pure racism. These people have not carefully examined the facts and figures of it, especially in crucial areas like California, Texas, Arizona and Florida. They are just going on emotion...trying very hard to be poliitcally correct and all-around good guy.

I say we have a vote....and if you want the illegals here as automatic citizens, bypassing our long-standiong sustem....then the ones that vote for it...pay for it.

Deal?

I doubt it. It's all real cute and good-guy-ish until you have to put your own money where your mouth is.

I never said protecting the borders was racism, I said arguing complaining about people speaking spanish was racism. Reading's good mmmmmmkay

• Members

I never said protecting the borders was racism, I said arguing complaining about people speaking spanish was racism. Reading's good mmmmmmkay

I don;t think I SPECIFICALLY said proecting the borders was pure racism.

You did invoke the word...And I was generalizing there on ALL the issues brought up.

"phishmonkey and..."

"AND" See?

reading's good mmkay?

To address the language issue....let's just go byu precedent. Throughout our history people that immigrated leanred the language of the land...some still retained their native toungue.

Something wrong with that?

And maybe you don;t know...but these illegals use the lnaguage as a weapon. Sitting in the hosptials pretending to not know ANY English. :rolleyes: I know...my brother's wife is an MD in the southwest. She says they pretend to not know one word of English. But they can read "free medical" just fine.

• Members

Oh yes...I also forgot to mention protecing our borders is absolutely NOT racsim. I will go back and see if I can figure out your flawed logic there.

Don;t believe me? Just ask the Mexicans. Go ahead...ask them about THEIR southern border.

And the Mexican government (with cooperation from the US government, has the nerve to demand we take these illegals scot-free?

Sheesh...dude you are WAY off base here.

• Members

I can't tell if your last post was directed at me, if it was it really makes no sense as I never argued against it

Oh, and you know we can stop the language barrier from being used against us learn spanish :idea:. If you're working in a hospital in the southwest its just common sense to learn it.

I'm not saying they don't have to learn english, they do. But if you start enforcing it on them they will get pissed, and suddenly immigration laws = racism to them. You don't want to push them towards that thinking, its much easier to enforce immigration laws when the immigrants are willing to comply

Archived