NAMM 2013

mildbill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-groovatious- wrote:

Does anyone know if Nord are bringing anything new out at NAMM? Specifically any updates to the "Stage" line? Thinking of picking up a Stage 2 but don't want it outdated straight away!

4 Days to go.

Is that pic a clue ?

• Members

Personally, I suspect the most exciting news to emerge from this NAMM will involve modular gear.  Pittsburgh has already unveiled a barrage of new products, including some quite attractive cases:

Pittsburgh Modular Cell [48] and Cell [90] Eurorack Cases

And it looks like TipTop will, at the very least, show off a new version of their Zeus powered bus-boards.

• Members

I am seriously considering the VR-09 after watching the videos. I recently sold my Juno-Di and am planning to get something around tax refund time. I had been looking at the Yamaha MOX6, but all along I've been thinking that I don't need all the patches that ROMplers come with and that if somebody made something that I could afford that had good organs and EPS and some synth sounds, that would be just about perfect. And if it had knobs and sliders so I could have as much fun and on-the-fly tweakability as I did with my X-Station, that would be the icing on the cake. I at first thought the Casio XW-P1 was what I wanted, but I haven't heard much favorable about it since it came out. Maybe I finally got my wish. We'll see.

• Members

The Mini-MS-20 is definitely real...

Mini-MS-20

- fully analogue

- 15 \% smaller than the original (but larger than the Legacy-Edition-controller)

- MIDI in + USB MIDI

- specially designed keyboard

- mainboard almost identical to original MS-20 mainboard

- no information about filter-variant yet (presumably modified Korg35-Chip)

- project lead by the developers of the original MS-20

- comes with original user manual and patch sheets

- price around

• Members

Oh...and the KingKorg, too:

KingKorg

- analogue modelling-synth

- XMT-modelling sound-engine

- max. three parallel oscillator-algorithms

- real tube circuit effect

- vocoder

- CV/Gate output

- 7 kg

- no price and/or availability yet

• Members

New Evolver?

That would blow my awesome limit to smithereens. If mind is blown too many times in one week, one could go a little crazy.

Although, I remember reading someone from DSi suggesting that they are not making same instruments twice, or something, but cannot find it anymore.

But man this Namm is already at the upper limits of awesome...pretty sure, I wake up soon and I will be cranky for a whole day.

First theres nothing for ages, and then:

A bit

• Members

mildbill wrote:

King Korg looks pretty interesting to me.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

A little OT - but does anyone know how you use the ' quote ' function now?

Yes - when you reply, click the blue 'Quote' button in the upper right hand corner.

• Members

NuSkoolTone wrote:

I have to say, I'm a gear snob and with the vr-09 Roland Combo I was impressed! Yeah, I can find stuff wrong with it, but it looks FUN! From the demos sounds pretty good too. For the intended audience, looks like a wiiner to me!

Yeah I was considering a Krome or something but this thing has me intrigued as all get out...

• Members

I hope they give the vr-09 this:

'' Jupiter Version 2.0 Features

• Three types of low-pass filters; combined with the previous type, a total of four filters are now available''

.. and some of the Synth Legends, series of free sound libraries (it cannot hold as much or use ARP so is limited)

• Members

Via Facebook:

DSI Prophet 12

Edit:  Whoops.  Beaten to the punch.  Well, I can at least give color commentary -- this looks like a rare beast.  4 oscillators + sub osc per voice, lpf->hpf chain, distortion, delay, feedback, and even what looks like a waveshaping section.  I'm sure this will be expensive as hell, but sweet Christ, WANT.

Archived