• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lets hope the price is in Argentinian Currency as it says:

Precio: $ 9,127.30

Which would be 1861.15 USD if so

''arriving February''

I just found on another page, with analog Korg stuff but also the R3 so they may mean VA not RA.. The grill maybe for valve force rather than RA cooling. Can't wait ;-)

• Members

And another from the same site...

MS-20 monophonic synthesizer MINI 37 Mini Keys

arriving

April

47002590000.jpg

47002590000-2.jpg

The MS 20 is Precio: $ 4,522.00 once again if local currency that would be 922.29 US Dollars

Now that does look like the old legacy controller for the software but an led is in a different place, here is a pic of the legacy:

MS20.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

BTW:

King KORG Analog Synthesizer, 3 Oscillators, 2 Timbres, 61 Keys

Bi-timbral sounds better than mono-timbral, but still, too little for anything labeled "King" in 2012. Looks like suited for live playing rather than for multitimbral composing. Just an early conclusion and my 0,02$.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul

View Post

Bi-timbral sounds better than mono-timbral, but still, too little for anything labeled "King" in 2012. Looks like suited for live playing rather than for multitimbral composing. Just an early conclusion and my 0,02$.

''King Kong, a giant movie monster resembling a colossal gorilla

His role varies, ranging from a rampaging monster to a tragic antihero''

Well with all their recent mini stuff a play on King Kong with that Empire State Building type in the Logo. I guess they see it as a colossal synth. I just hope it has a colossal roar wink.gif

Appears to have flex keys in the entry level Krome style case. What looks to be three high-contrast OEL (Organic Electro luminescent) displays. Build wise a mixed bag, they are obviously trying to keep the price down but it will probably not have after touch.

It will be interesting to see what routing they have given it, if it is full on with what appears to be a fairly knobby interface then it should be fun with three OSC's. The multiple buttons under the display hint at some ARP functions, maybe they saw what CASIO did and added similar basic sequencing...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by donaldcrunk

View Post

id be pretty alright with a mini key analog ms20 actually. love that synth.

KingKorg is simply the finest name for a synthesizer ever. neither look particularly real but who knows.

plus, where are the "LEAKED BY JEFF JEFFY" watermarks ?

Through the Monotron series, Korg has been developing analog technology for a few years. Now they take the same voice architecture and go full poly. So they're basically following DSI's R&D model instead of the 80s Japanese model of flagship>trickle down.

• Members

Korg havn't done anything yet to re launch a real instrument that's analogue - i have all the monotrons...they're FUN but not usable instruments.

i wanna see that Korg Fat Lady SING.....come on korg...you're slacking and Arturia beat ya to the punch in 2012!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead

View Post

Korg havn't done anything yet to re launch a real instrument that's analogue - i have all the monotrons...they're FUN but not usable instruments.

i wanna see that Korg Fat Lady SING.....come on korg...you're slacking and Arturia beat ya to the punch in 2012!

04586262_128744188863952580_xlarge.jpeg&

• Members

A new version of the Korg MS-20 would be interesting to me too - I don't care if it won't sound exactly like a vintage MS-20. Some people think it will be a controller for the iMS-20 iPad app, but it does have its own 1/4" audio out. The minikeys wouldn't bother me either as I have enough keyboards with full size keys.

• Members

I got the new MF catalog in the mail a few days ago. It has Ray Kurzweil on the cover. In his interview he mentions a K3000. How far off do you think they are on that? From the way he described it, I'd say a few years yet. Interesting read.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by midinut

View Post

It has Ray Kurzweil on the cover. In his interview he mentions a K3000. How far off do you think they are on that? From the way he described it, I'd say a few years yet. Interesting read.

Exactly. A couple of years. I'd say not less than three years.

Considering how long they needed to create a 64 Mb sample expansion, I can't imagine that they would need less time to completely refresh most part of the ROM and than add some new and fresh features into the OS and overall UI.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by noisetheorem

View Post

King Kong: I giant {censored}ty photoshop which will be forgotten more quickly than the Bahn Sage.

MS20 revival thingy: are you kidding me?

are you OK over there? you're talking like you need to punch a wall in the face.

i think this is extremely plausible, because it fits their MO.

you people all forget that the MS2000 was originally supposed to have a patch panel, but it was ditched for cost reasons. their monot-line has proven that simple analogue synths _can_ indeed sell. it's only a few engineering steps to take the work done on the Monotron and the work done on the Legacy Controller and put them together.

they have

1) case

2) 1v/oct VCO

3) MS20 VCF

everything to connect this together is simple and cheap. the tooling on that Legacy Controller case definitely at least matches or dwarfs it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Suit & Tie Guy View Post
you people all forget that the MS2000 was originally supposed to have a patch panel, but it was ditched for cost reasons.
Whaddaya mean "you people"?

j/k

How could I forget what I never knew in the first place, lol! Interesting...

Archived