NAMM 2013

mildbill

• Members

The more i think about this ms20 the more excited i get. My favorite monosynth ever actually getting reissued! Its ridiculous. I certainly hope its true. Imagine popping the standard side panels off, building new ones that would include a row of eurorack sitting on top of the synth holding something like the new Mattson sequencer plus some carefully chosen aids... Oh my goodness

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope for:

Some Waldorf Pulse 2 demo's.

News on the Stromberg.

A new next-gen Access Virus.

New announcement from John Bowen on a more affordable keyboard.

New FM synth from Yamaha.

New Analog synth from Korg.

A Simmons SDS clone Drum synth.

Cubasis for Mac & PC. (some people likes it simple).

Nord Modular 3rd gen.

Nord Lead 4/Wave 2

Kurzweil VA1 news.

If this list was to be fulfilled, it would go beyond Christmas.

• Members

Id still like to see Apple make a professional computer dedicated for music. Sure their latest pro towers are impressive, but still require several towers to perform everything simultaneously.

Id also like to see a major company pick up the Schmidt synth to knock the price down and to mass produce it.

And as much as love the V-synth GT/XT, I feel really short changed they didnt take it to the next level.

A live board that actually sounds as great for strings and horns as it does from a virtual library.

FM revisited with user-defined algorithms, more operators, and the ability to import waveforms.

• Members

I'd like to see an updated Motif. I think that Yamaha should keep on evolving this brand. I think that it won't be a huge deal to add the things that everyone is really screaming for: analog modeled synths, Hammond emulations. They should be able to do this because the current Motif runs on Linux. They already have modeled effects on the current model. My guess is that it would need some hardware upgrades to accomodate this.

While they are at it- please make the file management system easier. Every other post on the motifator forum deals with questions on this topic.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mooginator

View Post

FM revisited with user-defined algorithms, more operators, and the ability to import waveforms.

MOD-7 in the Kronos has this, to an extent. You get one PCM operator in addition to the six traditional single-cycle-waveform operators. Haven't spent much time fiddling with that, though, so I can't really give you a good report.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mooginator

View Post

Id still like to see Apple make a professional computer dedicated for music. Sure their latest pro towers are impressive, but still require several towers to perform everything simultaneously.

Or a Mac Pro and several Mac minis. That's what many film composers are doing. There should be new audio and video-optimized Mac towers appearing in 2013 (as well as Logic 10), but Apple has little interest in NAMM anymore, which is fine, because their booth wasn't doing them any service.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Klaus

View Post

MOD-7 in the Kronos has this, to an extent. You get one PCM operator in addition to the six traditional single-cycle-waveform operators. Haven't spent much time fiddling with that, though, so I can't really give you a good report.

Yeah, but its not user-defined, and its loosely based on the DX7. They set it up like a pseudo modular for some strange reason. A matrix would have been better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Audacity Works

View Post

Or a Mac Pro and several Mac minis. That's what many film composers are doing. There should be new audio and video-optimized Mac towers appearing in 2013 (as well as Logic 10), but Apple has little interest in NAMM anymore, which is fine, because their booth wasn't doing them any service.

Interesting, thanks.

• Members

I heard a rumor that the new Mac pros are going to be made in the states

I remember in 2008 when the announced their 8 core monster. Steve jobs seemed really pleased with it. I really hope they continue making Mac pros but at $3000-5000+ I doubt I'll ever get one unless I absolutely have to

• Members

Justspotted this post at 'R' Clan

''New Roland D60 workstation with supernatural synth and acoustic synthesis, pcm hd synthesis ,advanced linear arythmetic synthesis ,advanced-virtual-analog sound,advanced el guitars synthesis and 8 tracks audio /16 tracks midi s

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

''New Roland D60 workstation with supernatural synth and acoustic synthesis, pcm hd synthesis ,advanced linear arythmetic synthesis ,advanced-virtual-analog sound,advanced el guitars synthesis and 8 tracks audio /16 tracks midi s

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bruto

View Post

So is the D60 the keyboard version of the Integra 7?

It's the only thing I could find so it's either a total spoof of maybe another leak..

''AL'' synthesis and 16 midi tracks are strange standouts. It would be great if they have the D50 stuff but I find it strange that the workstation like spec would only have 16 midi tracks given they are normally more generous...

If it is true it is very interesting and yes looks like a bunch of Integra 7 and then some ;-)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

Archived