Grills... Cloth or Metal ?

5150dv8fan

• Members
IMG_3421.jpg

Clearly cloth, As you can see with the above metal grill the dust on the speakers is very visable. I have an old crappy wasburn bad dog and I recently had to take the grill off to clean 6 years of dust away. Aswell cloth blocks out more dust.

• Members

While I like the classic look of cloth, unfortunately I've destroyed a couple Marshall cabs on tour. I'm organizing a multi-act tour next year and I have to provide the backline. I'm going to buy a couple of carpet covered 4x12s with metal grills and leave my beloved Marshalls at home. I'm also going to buy a couple of reliable solid state heads.

• Members

While I like the classic look of cloth, unfortunately I've destroyed a couple Marshall cabs on tour. I'm organizing a multi-act tour next year and I have to provide the backline. I'm going to buy a couple of carpet covered 4x12s with metal grills and leave my beloved Marshalls at home. I'm also going to buy a couple of reliable solid state heads.

Look at the new vader cabs. Metal grill, 3/4" birch wood, and they are coated with truck bed liner, NOT tolex. No need for a road case with them thats for sure.

• Members

Both.

I prefer the look of metal and the ruggedness, but cloth can be nice too. My two Jackson cabs have metal grilles. My Peavey Butcher cab, and my Lopoline 212 are both cloth. I'll probably replace the cloth on the Peavey cab because it's starting to look a little ragged. The lopoline cab is blond with oxblood grillecloth though, and it looks gorgeous.

Archived