TIGHT BUDGET...WHAT Gigging AMP!?! djsakldfjal;skd

LaLa900

• Members

what are some bargain amps that i can get for relatively cheap but is still giggable and has a decent tone?!

i am looking at 50+ watts and would go solid state because i don't want to add cash for tube change and all that.

i am looking at under 200 dollars for an amp, but without shipping!!

ahhhh, which one?!

there are cheap marshalls on ebay once in a while. what are some good ones?

clean channel and a nice drive man!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what are some bargain amps that i can get for relatively cheap but is still giggable and has a decent tone?!

i am looking at 50+ watts and would go solid state because i don't want to add cash for tube change and all that.

i am looking at under 200 dollars for an amp, but without shipping!!

ahhhh, which one?!

there are cheap marshalls on ebay once in a while. what are some good ones?

clean channel and a nice drive man!!

Take your $200 and go to all of the local shops in the area, check craigslist, and pray that you find or haggle your way into one heck of a deal.

• Members
  • Members

I want something that sounds like an SLO and an Ubershall put together with Eventide effects and midi switching. All I've got is 3 dollars and an old sandwhich. What should I get?

Seriously, in that range, at giggable volumes, it's all going to sound the same. I don't know if any of the budget quality stuff in that range is going to be giggable, but you can try a Valve Jr, whatever wattage Tech 21 you can get, whatever wattage Valvetronix you can get, or look for a really cheap POD or Tonelab (not even sure if the tonelab gets that low) and pray for a decent PA.

But mostly, if you're going to play with a band, get a day job so you can afford the bare minimum equipment. 200 bucks just isn't going to cut it.

• Members

I got my Randall RG100ES head for 240 after shipping, and it's really awesome. I'm coming from a 5150 head, and I have to say I'm very satisfied with my tone. You have to boost it though...

• Members

Your best bet in that budget range is probably a used Peavey Transtube or Bandit solid state amp. You could also check used crates. The tone will be crap, but it will get you through. The bandits can get pretty loud. You may be able to find a Peavey ultra tube amp for that cheap.

• Members

thanks for the suggestions guys.

how about this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Marshall-Guitar-Amp-Combo-Amplifier-5210-BAM_W0QQitemZ190133026094QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

are these marshalls reliable though?

i don't want to get one and then have it crap out on me and then i need to spend more money. one reviewer said it sounded like an ocean from all that static

• Members

You'd be suprised how a little thing like knowing what kinda music you play would help with the "what amp should i get" thing.

Seriously though 200 bucks is very little money, you could try used crate 2x12 combos and such but really with that little cash you need to go to every music store in your area and play whatever they have in your price range.

• Members

thanks for the suggestions guys.

how about this:

are these marshalls reliable though?

i don't want to get one and then have it crap out on me and then i need to spend more money. one reviewer said it sounded like an ocean from all that static

go with an old peavey that is where the value/quality lies in your price range

Archived