mesa single rectifier vs mark IV,wich one is more brutal?

yngwie1993

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Depends on what your idea of "brutal" is I guess... I'd say the rectifier, its naturally more scooped and saturated and bass heavy, while the MKIV is more tight and focused sounding.

i agree with you,but is still much more fizzy(the reason i dont like it)

• Members

The Mark IV is capable of so much including metal styles. Here is a clip I did recently that shows off that style:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/15-This%20Fire%20Burns%20%28Mark%20IV%29.mp3

I have never owned a Recto but almost pulled the trigger on a Road King II. Great amp but I really wanted the Mark IV. I agree with Danyeo (Dan) above, the vintage setting was great but I thought the modern setting was compressed and mushy. The clarity disappeared on that setting to my ears. Cool amp either way with tons of options.

• Members

So what would be your definition of br00tal??
:freak:

OP, i would say Mark III or IV is what you're looking for
:thu:

You're avatar is fender, you can know nothing about brutal. Just kidding, i'm sure you could know, but brutal tone for me means it would go with brutal music. Wich would be at least like a metalcore, but death and black mostly. sure some of these bands use mark's and single rectos, but to get brutal tone (not necessarily good sounding), triple rec's, madison divinity's, Krank's, xxx's, diezel's, cobras, and the like. Really grindy scoopy crushing tone. Tight has nothing to do with it, you can have brutal tight tone, or just brutalness period, like doom metal, where all that matters is ground shaking volume. These are examples amps high gain enough to get what I would call brutal tone, and I will not be queer like you and say br00tal. wait I just did, but it was in context.

• Members

It's my opinion that "brutal" has MUCH more to do with the music being played than it has to do with the amp. Brutal music will sound brutal through pretty much any amp that has decent tone and sufficient gain. I love my Mark IV, but I'm sure a boosted Recto or a 5150 could do brutal music equally as well.

• Members

You're avatar is fender, you can know nothing about brutal. Just kidding, i'm sure you could know, but brutal tone for me means it would go with brutal music. Wich would be at least like a metalcore, but death and black mostly. sure some of these bands use mark's and single rectos, but to get brutal tone (not necessarily good sounding), triple rec's, madison divinity's, Krank's, xxx's, diezel's, cobras, and the like. Really grindy scoopy crushing tone. Tight has nothing to do with it, you can have brutal tight tone, or just brutalness period, like doom metal, where all that matters is ground shaking volume. These are examples amps high gain enough to get what I would call brutal tone, and I will not be queer like you and say br00tal. wait I just did, but it was in context.

Haha, you're retarded. Single Rectos aren't "high gain enough" or "brutal" enough but Triple Rectos are? Have you even played either of them?

• Members

uh what... you're just spouting off different amps... maybe play one

not sure of your point :confused:

• Members

the single recto works just fine for broodal doodal stuff. I've never played anything from the mark series, though.

I read someone about changing the tubes (forgot which tube to change it to) in the recto to tighten up the low ends. anyone ever done that?

• Members

admittedly I have only barely played a mark IV, but single recto didn't seem that crazy high gain at all to me.

Then youve never played it loud enough, theres no shortage of crazy high gain in a single rec. Get the output and master at noon then get back to us.

Archived