Roland Gaia

Gaul

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by MetroSonus

View Post

looks like the same layout as the SH201 ..

Looks like it has a few more sliders, and a lot more buttons.

The funny thing is, if this has the exact same sound engine as the SH-201, there will still be plenty of people who say it sounds better. My main gripe with the 201 was the looks and the way it was laid out. It seemed like it should be sold at Target alongside those cheap guitars in boxes.

• Members

I didn't mean it was an exact transfer, but the same functions are identifiable: no screen, patch buttons etc. you know.

as cheap as they are I could never pull the trigger on one icon_lol.gif I liked playing with the supersaws, but I like my Virus C better.. but with it being so limited I never felt interested in having one, although in theory I liked them. we'll have to see what it does, but if it adds more options and routing etc. I could see getting one.

it's always funny how looks / cost influence the sound icon_lol.gif

• Members

SH-201 - 17 knobs, 12 sliders,

GAIA - 11 knobs, 18 sliders

Number of buttons doesn't seem all that different - can't tell if the effects or the arpeggiator section is expanded, one of them seems to be

3 oscillators instead of two - other than that, it's pretty much an SH-201 with less keys and a nicer look.

Of course the oscillator and filter could sound totally different from SH-201 so let's wait and see...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock

View Post

SH-201 - 17 knobs, 12 sliders,

GAIA - 11 knobs, 18 sliders

Number of buttons doesn't seem all that different - can't tell if the effects or the arpeggiator section is expanded, one of them seems to be

I'd guess the section to the right of the AMP is effects. Just a guess.

Archived