thickest OD/dist. but with greatest string clarity

thebrownkey

• Members

what amp?

you know the sound i speak of:

it may not be the best option for hardcore palm muting, but its still very overdriven. but the thing is, you can still clearly hear every string when strumming through a chord- no disto-mush

i guess something close would be the intro to Gypsey Road. it sounds very marshall, but im thinking of way more drive with equal or better clarity.

also, theres no way i can afford it so this is mainly one of those things i think of often and say to myself "i should ask em' at HC"

• Members

thanks guys

i miss my jcm800 and love its gain. but not at low volumes and i should have been clear about that.

what about loud home volumes. i crank my amps almost on a daily basis, live out in the woods (BFE) so im not worried about neighbors.

but i wont turn it so loud i suffer hearing problems. music means too much to me.

never played a soldano though

• Members

vht deliverance

its the new 800

its super thick in the bass but super articulate

my recto doesn't shake the Wii sensor off the TV cranked but the frequencies coming from the deliverance shake it off. Pisses me off too cuz I go to play my Wii and I swear its broke everytime... Until I look at the top of the TV and the sensor has fallen behind it :mad:

• Members

Another Avenger vote.
Now that I've played it at a decent volume (which turns out isn't much past 3!)
It has the most clarity at high gain of any amp I've played.
Hyper double picked stuff sounded so clear, even muted.. I was stunned.
I was pushing it with a rocktron blackjack at home, but when i actually practiced with a drummer, I found I didn't even need the boost. The sound had more guts without.

Archived