I just got a Diamond Spec-Op...

gtrwiz

• Members

OK, this is my first recording with the Spec-op. I was contacted about some music for a movie, the wanted like a NIN/Rob Zombie type thing but with some ethnic percussion thing. This is what I came up with. I suck at mixing, but I kinda dig the piece so I'll eventually have it mixed by someone who knows what they're doing...

{censored}! that sounds great!

• Members

Was looking into those amps when the ads started popping up in the guitar mags. Then I went to the website and listened to the clips they have up there. It was super disappointing. I'm glad to hear that the amp is actually good and not an overpriced POA. Problem is finding a local dealer to try them out.

• Members

The big problem with the amps is the lousy marketing. They seem to be marketing to the l33t gamerkiddies instead of musicians, which doesn't give them a lot of credibility.

The clips sound pretty good, they sound a lot like a peavey, a bit too gainy though, but it could be the settings. Kinda fits the song though.

-W

• Members

I'm sorry to be the asshole of this thread, but I thought those clips with just the guitar sounded absolutely horrible.

whatever. :poke:

The thing is man, you aren't supposed to judge an amp on what it sounds like alone, unless you're some lame ass that never plays outside of the bedroom. When you get a guitar tone, you get one that sounds great with the who;e band, at least this is what professional musicians do.

• Members

whatever. :poke:

The thing is man, you aren't supposed to judge an amp on what it sounds like alone, unless you're some lame ass that never plays outside of the bedroom. When you get a guitar tone, you get one that sounds great with the who;e band, at least this is what professional musicians do.

Ooookkkay here we go. See...plenty of people have not liked my clips in the past and plenty have liked them. I take it with a grain of salt. You seem to feel insulted and now are insinuating that I am not a professional musician as retaliation.

1) Grow up

2) I've been recording for at least 6 years

3) I play out and have done so A LOT

4) I've been through tons of amp

5) An amp in the context of a mix is MORE important, but good sounding amps also sound good alone

6) I think the version with it in the mix sounds OK...not amazing.

7) If you think only the in-mix sound is important, then why do you sound so offended that I commented on the solo clips?

You wanted to know what we thought. I thought it sounded bad. I didn't ask you for your incorrect opinion on my experience level. Next time I post a clip, bash away and watch me take it with a smile. At least this is what "professional" musicians do.

:poke:

• Members

Ooookkkay here we go. See...plenty of people have not liked my clips in the past and plenty have liked them. I take it with a grain of salt. You seem to feel insulted and now are insinuating that I am not a professional musician as retaliation.

1) Grow up

2) I've been recording for at least 6 years

3) I play out and have done so A LOT

4) I've been through tons of amp

5) An amp in the context of a mix is MORE important, but good sounding amps also sound good alone

6) I think the version with it in the mix sounds OK...not amazing.

7) If you think only the in-mix sound is important, then why do you sound so offended that I commented on the solo clips?

You wanted to know what we thought. I thought it sounded bad. I didn't ask you for your incorrect opinion on my experience level. Next time I post a clip, bash away and watch me take it with a smile. At least this is what "professional" musicians do.

did you miss the :poke:?

Also, the way I have it EQ'd is for the mix. The amp sounds great by itself, but those parts were taken from the song, I just did it that way for time's sake.

Archived