OT Starting to get upset at TED WEBER!!!

alaskaehlers

• Members

I ordered his four head Bias Rite (octal) probe on the 29th of last month. All I have is the invoice that I printed out. I have also e-mailed him twice, with no reply. I have no tracking number, and have no idea when, or if it will ship. The tubes I ordered from Cryoset a week after I ordered the probe, has been here for three days. Even worse, I am in the process of recording an album, and very much need to put the tubes in my four amps. :mad:

Has anyone else had the same luck with Ted, or his products? :confused:

• Members

They're in the middle of a move right now, so thats probably why its turning out weird. Ted's always been really prompt in replying to any questions I've had in the past, so I'm sure he's not just blowing you off. Just give it a couple more days, an if ya still get no reply, Just call them. They're Phone # is listed on the site. I'm sure they'll make it right, and quick.

• Members

1) Do you have an AOL email address? It says on the site "Due to spamming issues, we are unable to receive or reply to AOL email addresses". If you don't get replies to emails though, why not phone.

2) http://www.tedweber.com/status/index.htm (Electronic devices - such as the MASS, MiniMass, Bias Rite, etc. - are built in-house. Please allow 7-10 working days for these products to ship.) This means it's possible your Bias Rite isn't even made yet, or will be completed soon.

3) They're currently in the process of moving. This could be a one-time affair, where lots of people's orders are delayed. It says on the site they'll be closed "Friday 10/12/07 until Thursday 10/18/07". It's probable that there was warning of the upcoming move on the site when you placed your order, but not specifically on the checkout page itself. (The info is there on the main page of tedweber.com)

Other than that, I sympathize with you but you should try to get your backup plan (borrow or rent an amp) in action if you want to do your tracks at the studio. If you don't have a backup plan...I sympathize again, but that should always be a consideration. Never give yourself one week to get your amp fixed "or else you can't record or play a gig" etc.

• Members

1) Do you have an AOL email address? It says on the site "Due to spamming issues, we are unable to receive or reply to AOL email addresses". If you don't get replies to emails though, why not phone.

2)
http://www.tedweber.com/status/index.htm
(Electronic devices - such as the MASS, MiniMass, Bias Rite, etc. - are built in-house. Please allow 7-10 working days for these products to ship.) This means it's possible your Bias Rite isn't even made yet, or will be completed soon.

3) They're currently in the process of moving. This could be a one-time affair, where lots of people's orders are delayed. It says on the site they'll be closed "Friday 10/12/07 until Thursday 10/18/07". It's probable that there was warning of the upcoming move on the site when you placed your order, but not specifically on the checkout page itself. (The info is there on the main page of tedweber.com)

Other than that, I sympathize with you but you should try to get your backup plan (borrow or rent an amp) in action if you want to do your tracks at the studio. If you don't have a backup plan...I sympathize again, but that should always be a consideration.

No, just a hotmail account.

I do have both my VHT, and Blackmore in working order. Just was hoping to put the new tubes in before I had to lay down the tracks. I still have some time, a weak or so. :thu:

• Members

LOL, I love how you edited you post. My amp does not need to be "fixed" per se,

was just wanting the tubes in there sooner, not later. If I really had to get it done, I could always have it done locally, but thats not the point. This has been in the works for about three weeks. :)

BTW, love your amps, been gasing for your Chimera for some time.

• Members

Ever deal I've done with Ted Weber and every email reply he's given me has been prompt and cheerful. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. I understand what it's like when you're waiting around for delivery on an order, though! Very frustrating.

• Members

i ordered a heather kit from ted. after it hadn't got here by about three weeks out, i shot CJ an email. he told me they were assembling the kit, and that it should ship out in a week or so. he was right.

then, one of the power tubes had a bad filament, and the headshell i got is not what i wanted. he sent me a new tube, and told me to send the headshell back with a note explaining why, and what i wanted. AFAIK, it's a stand operation over there.

• Members

By the way, quit being so lazy and pick up the phone and call him. Emails aren't always the best choice of communication.

+1

E-mails work when you don't really have urgency, or it's casual, but if you're looking for immediate information, a phone call is the best way (provided you can get through).

• Members

Just got the email from David Cauthern...They have been busy with the move, and will be shipping the probe next week. :D

Thanks for the opinions/thoughts. I have always heard of good things from Ted. One of the reasons I purchased through him, and not someone else. Thats why I was so put off from the lack of communication. But, I should have called.

• Members

Ted's in the middle of a move.

Questioning someone's integrity like this in a public forum is uncalled for. An oversight on your part doesn't necessarily constitute an emergency on someone else's.

BTW, so how is it an oversight on MY part? And I though thats what the site was for, asking questions, and getting info. :poke: I was not trying to slander his good name, or integrity. Just seeing if anyone has had similar experiences, thats all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

SO, I still wait for the BR-4 bias rite. David Cauthern of Ted Weber said on Friday the 12th in a e-mail that "it will be shipped first thing the coming week". It has been two weeks since that e-mail. Still has not been shipped WTF :mad:

I have called, and left several messages on his phone, as well as a few more e-mails. :poke:

I will give him ONE more chance to make it right. Then I will be buying from someone else, and will NEVER try to buy something from him again.

And to all you guys that say, "but he's in the middle of a move". Well, he needs to get his {censored} together. I will give him two weeks to have it at my door. Six weeks should be way more that enough time.

• Members

I'm just a little mad that David said it will be shipped first thing next week. But here we are two weeks later, and nothing. I've called, left messages, e-mail.

Come on, I know moving an operation like that is no small task. Inventory must be a nightmare, but this is almost unacceptable .

• Members

I'm "hoping" I dont run into this with my Order, I ordered the 6M100 amp kit. So hopefully, I'll get it soon, but I'm not getting too anxious about it, cause I know they're moving and I've worked for companies before during a "move" and it's not pretty, so I'm hoping they are trying their best to get the orders out.

We'll see.

Archived