dr_love6977

• Members
Awesome quality, awesome tone, awesome service, awesome price.

This was my experience when I bought my Avatar 2x12 with CL80's 3 years ago. I'm still loving every bit of it
:thu:

+Infinity

they are seriously the best for the money.

i got mine with the Hellatone 60s (the V30 break-in they have to offer) and it sounds amazing.

• Members

Cool. How do they compare to the Recto cabs? I was fooling around with the idea of getting one a traditional loaded with V30's.

don't know, i've only played on assorted Marshall and Avatar cabs.

avatar's build quality is really good tho, so i honestly don't suspect much difference in the two.

• Members

They are no mesa cab but very good for the money. They are smaller and pack less of a punch then a mesa standard. A mesa is 32-7/8in H,30-1/8in W, 14-1/4in D and about 105 lbs an avatar is 29"H x 28.5"W x 12."D and about 85 lbs depending on the speakers. The vintage series avatars are 30"W x 29.5"H x 14"D and about 95 lbs depending on the speakers.

• Members

They are no mesa cab but very good for the money. They are smaller and pack less of a punch then a mesa standard. A mesa is 32-7/8in H,30-1/8in W, 14-1/4in D and about 105 lbs an avatar is 29"H x 28.5"W x 12."D and about 85 lbs depending on the speakers. The vintage series avatars are 30"W x 29.5"H x 14"D and about 95 lbs depending on the speakers.

serious? wow, i thought the Vintages would be a little heavier than that.

they look freakin huge.

• Members

They are good for the money.. I rocked one for about 2 years. I just recently got a basson cab for a sweet deal, and it destroys the avatar.. And the funny thing is, I bought it scratch and dent from MF for $489... which isnt much more than the avatar. There just "ok" in my opinion. They bottom out really easy compared to mesas, bassons, etc.. I would pick it over most low end marshall and peavey cabs anyday though.

• Members
Awesome quality, awesome tone, awesome service, awesome price.

This was my experience when I bought my Avatar 2x12 with CL80's 3 years ago. I'm still loving every bit of it
:thu:

Exactly my experience when I got my 2x12 w/ Greenies a couple years back. I've only bought the one cab, but on the basis of that one deal I recommend the company most highly. :thu:

• Members

I have a Vintage 2x12 with a V30 and a G12-T75 and it rules. Plus its an open back. I moved the opening to the bottom of the cab and it has more low end than my Marshall 4x12. I got mine from a local guy for $140 so easy on the pockets.

Matt

• Members

Cool. How do they compare to the Recto cabs? I was fooling around with the idea of getting one a traditional loaded with V30's.

thats funny, i have both those cabs haha. the avatar sounds way darker than the recto cab, but not as much low end. its good to have both because theyre on opposite ends of the spectrum. if i want to play high gain stuff i go with the recto, if i want mid gain/indie type stuff i go with the avatar.

• Members

construction wise they are built very good. I love my two 2x12's. They use different size dimensions than other brands, so the 4x12's are a little small, and that will change the sound. If they made them the same dimensions as other brand cabs then they would sound very similar.

everyone always thinks that there is some kind of magic involved with cab building.. its just a wooden box.. thats it. as long as the inside dimensions are the same, and the speakers are the same, then they will sound very close. there will be a slight difference in tone depending on the wood, but really there is nothing magical. If you had the speakers already, you could build that ZOMFG MESA / ORANGE cab for about $100. I cant see spending close to a grand for a cab. its just assinine. Avatar or home built is where its at for me :)

• Members

I can't compare it to the Recto 2x12 but I preferred my 2x12 Avatar to Mesa Boogie 4x12 oversize. I've bought/sold amps/cabs alot at some point. I've sold many Mesa 4x12 where I could've kept them. Avatar is still staying with me though ;)

Archived