dr_love6977

• Members

hai guise. I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but which do people like better, the avatar vintage or avatar contemporary, i'm lookin for a rockin 4x12 to go with my homebrew, and this amp will be dedicated to blues, rock, hardrock and stoner rock... maybe some light metal here and there.

thanks guys :)

• Members

{censored}ty pic, I love every avatar I've owned and I've had 3, very comparable to Marshall and other similarly constructed cabs, not really in the same ball park as far as the Mesa soundwise but I've never been looking for kind of sound in a cab anyway.

cab.jpg

• Members

Cool, thanks for the input guys. I want a new cab as my Jaguar is really bass heavy without getting muddy (which is good), but it's lacking in the highs. I always loved the way a Recto cab loaded w/ V30's sounded, but I'm nowhere near ready to shell out $900 for a cab.

• Members
The "customizing" did it for me. I wanted a cab at a reasonable price with a pair of Alnico Blues. Being able to specify all the other details was just icing on the cake...

-Ron

That looks fantastic!!! Would love to hear it.
Do you still feel like the Blues were worth the money?

• Members

I just ordered a blem Vintage 1x12 from him yesterday. $188 + shipping, um, yeah, you can't beat that. I also still have a traditional 4x12 that I haven't used in a while because of my situation, but I will be bringing it out next weekend.

Great cabs period, awesome cabs for the money.

• Members

That looks fantastic!!! Would love to hear it.

Do you still feel like the Blues were worth the money?

I play mostly "classic rock" and bluesy kinds of stuff so I was looking for a cab that could do both "warm clean" and kind of "growly" using my low-watt Minimat and Gilmore Jr. amps. My initial impression is yes but I haven't really had a chance to really put it through it's paces yet.

Life and such has been getting in the way of my playing the last few weeks and I haven't had the occasion to plug in more than a few minutes since getting it.

Not much help, sorry,

-Ron

Archived