Well... me and my g/f broke up...

MattACaster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to hear that. I'm going through the same thing right now. We split after 16 years together and now I have to sell my house as I can't afford the mortgage alone. I'll probably take a bath on the house as I've only had it for 2 years and have little equity. With the market in its current condition I think I'm screwed.

• Members

doesnt that mean more gear:idk:

I don't think so. I don't make enough to keep this house on my own and I have no place to store guitars/amps/drums if I have to move back in with the parents (I'm 24). On top of that, if I move back with the parents, I can't keep my cats either.

• Members

Sorry to hear that. I'm going through the same thing right now. We split after 16 years together and now I have to sell my house as I can't afford the mortgage alone. I'll probably take a bath on the house as I've only had it for 2 years and have little equity. With the market in its current condition I think I'm screwed.

Exactly my problem. :(

• Members
Exactly my problem.
:(

It's definitely a stress pit. I'm meeting a contractor after work today to fix a {censored}ed up ceiling in one of the bedroom. I have to spend more money just so I can move the house fast. The good news is that once I'm clear of the house I will have money to burn and will acquire a Mesa Mark IV ASAP!

• Members

Wait...you were together 16 years and not married? Didn't that tell you something was really wrong?

• Members

It's definitely a stress pit. I'm meeting a contractor after work today to fix a {censored}ed up ceiling in one of the bedroom. I have to spend more money just so I can move the house fast. The good news is that once I'm clear of the house I will have money to burn and will acquire a Mesa Mark IV ASAP!

Again, same here. I've got a screwed up garage door that needs to be fixed.

I've got a Silverburst Les Paul on my list. :love:

• Members

Feel like revealing the reason for the breakup?

Is she on the mortgage?

Without going into an enormous amount of detail, personality clashes. I think we have been ignoring them for 8 years and now it's finally become a problem.

Yeah, she is. I'd keep the house if I could, but I can't afford it.

• Members

Well, we were happy for years and never put much emphasis on a piece of paper. We had planned to wed in July of 2008. Things deteriorated quickly this summer and I realized that we were just too different at this point to continue the relationship. We met when we were in our early 20's and I think that were a great couple for years. I changed a lot in the last 10 years and she still operates at the same level which just wasn't working for me.

• Members

Without going into an enormous amount of detail, personality clashes. I think we have been ignoring them for 8 years and now it's finally become a problem.

Yeah, she is. I'd keep the house if I could, but I can't afford it.

Well, better it happened now than after you got married.

If she's on the mortgage, her butt's on the line financially as well, so you shouldn't be alone in dealing with the sale. Unless she's counting on you to not be willing to take a bath to the point where she's confident you'll do everything if need be.

Archived