!!!!Tube amp Help pleaseee!!!!!!!

EMG_GUY

• Members

i folks...im new to posting in the amp forum...just wondering if you fine people could help me with something.

I'm very new to the concept of tube amps...Ive used solid state all of my guitar playing career. Mostly Line 6 Products.

I'm not looking for a half stack...but don't really know much other rhan the Tube amp brands. Like Mesa, bogner, Marshall, krank etc...

Please help me find something within a $1000-$2000(CAD) range if thats possible...and maybe some reasoning.

I play more of a harder style rock...alternative/metal. I just want some killer tone without having a huge pedal collection.

thanks!!

also before I get attacked with ..."wrong forum topic douche bag" I just didnt want to ask those douches.

I trust what you folks have to say :p

I honestly dont understand anything about tube amps... HELP!!!

• Members

i folks...im new to posting in the amp forum...just wondering if you fine people could help me with something.

I'm very new to the concept of tube amps...Ive used solid state all of my guitar playing career. Mostly Line 6 Products.

I'm not looking for a half stack...but don't really know much other rhan the Tube amp brands. Like Mesa, bogner, Marshall, krank etc...

Please help me find something within a $1000-$2000(CAD) range if thats possible...and maybe some reasoning.

I play more of a harder style rock...alternative/metal. I just want some killer tone without having a huge pedal collection.

thanks!!

also before I get attacked with ..."wrong forum topic douche bag" I just didnt want to ask those douches.

I trust what you folks have to say
:p

I honestly dont understand anything about tube amps... HELP!!!

Going by your tunes on Myspace it sounds like you may be a Marshall guy at heart. Maybe you should try checking out the JVM?

• Members

With the exception of a few trolls and inbreds here, this forum has alot of people willing to help.

Some of the more popular tube amp on the forum are the Cameron-modded Marshall (best sounding amp ever IMO), Splawns, ENGLs, Marshalls, Mesas,5150 I, II, and III, and a few others. Without knowing your particular needs in more detail, it is hard to know where to steer you. Give us more detail on what bands you like and we can direct you better.

• Members

Just have to ease into tube amps. They are a different beast than SS or modeling amps. You don`t want to go over-kill with features/complexity and size. Sounds like what you need is a good solid foundation for your tone. I`ll suggest two amps. Both are solid, dependable and trusted models.

One is the Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier and the other is the Marshall DSL. Both are 50 watt heads and are plenty for any gig. A great match would be a closed back 2 x 12" cabinet loaded with Celestion Vintage 30`s. Or a like cabinet with a mix of one V30 and one G12H. Both are Celestion speakers.

Add a basic array of f/x pedals and you have a rig that will cover any rock chores from classic to modern. And each amp is a great deal on the used market. Well within your price range. Good luck.

Eric

• Members

Thanks Guys...well if i didnt say before I am very much into metal and alternative.

I really like Pantera, Madian, Killswitch Engage, Chimara etc...

just looking for some nice heavy tone....which can still let me be an acrobat with the treble.

• Members

Pantera's going to be a tough tone to get with a tube amp, but KsE uses a bunch of stuff - I have heard that they were using Boogie Roadsters (probably a bit out of your price range), they have been known to use Framus stuff (the Cobra does metal really well, but you might have trouble dialing it in for an "alternative" tone), and they have been known to use the 5150 or 5150II (can't remember which).

Personally, if you want to cover a lot of ground, the JVM might be a good bet (but probably not the least expansive bet), or a 3 channel Boogie Rectifier. I know a lot of people will slam these, and IMO there are better amps out there, but most don't fall within your price range, and are probably more challenging to find and play at a store (e.g. Splawn, Cameron, Voodoo, Mako, etc.)

Archived