Have you ever had a gun pulled on you?

gibbed

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Uhhh. No, it's only true for people who reply to the request for anecdotes.
:confused:

Yeah, pay attention to how many of these anecdotes involve drugs and shady places/situations.

I've had several altercations in my life involving either guns or knives or other weapons. The vast majority of those incidents happened when I was either doing something, or being somewhere, I knew was not safe.

• Members

"Have you ever had a gun pulled on you?"

Have you ever lived in Johannesburg - South Africa??? I have, for 24 years... nothing strange to be attacked/mugged/assaulted/held at gunpoint/hi-jacked/broken into/etc.

Between me, my family and close friends:
Muggings (usually at gun or knife point) 15+
Hijackings 6
assaulted 20+
Robberies 50+
attempted rapes 6
etc

• Members
Maybe that's true, but you have a good chance of being blown to hell by a bomb while drinking a cappuccino in cafe.

Haha, right you believe that crap? Don't watch FoxNews man! ;)

Nah, over here we just do a lot of weed, hookers and beer. That 'll get you killed at some point too. :cop:

• Members

I live in Australia mates.. i haven't had a gun pulled on me.. neither has anyone I know

My dad was about 5 meters away from that shooting in the CBD a couple of months ago..

(For non Aussies.. 8am, some high out of his brain bikie is beating the hell out of his stripper g/f as she tries to get in a taxi.. this is 8am on a Monday.. anyway, 2 guys went to help her out, he pulls a gun shoots one guy twice in the chest (he died), shoots the other guy twice, then shoots the g/f in the taxi)

kids here are more into knives, swords and meat cleavers.. The rate at which the somalian, ugandan, lebanese, turkish and vietnamese kids are slicing each other up (ie several times a week) I'm GLAD they don't have guns!

• Members

My dad was about 5 meters away from that shooting in the CBD a couple of months ago..

(For non Aussies.. 8am, some high out of his brain bikie is beating the hell out of his stripper g/f as she tries to get in a taxi.. this is 8am on a Monday.. anyway, 2 guys went to help her out, he pulls a gun shoots one guy twice in the chest (he died), shoots the other guy twice, then shoots the g/f in the taxi)

kids here are more into knives, swords and meat cleavers.. The rate at which the somalian, ugandan, lebanese, turkish and vietnamese kids are slicing each other up (ie several times a week) I'm GLAD they don't have guns!

Whether you like it or not Americans, the states can be a pretty rough place. Moreso than many other places. And there are far worse places than the states too. Can't act like that ain't the truth.

That being said, I have no stories and I've never had anything like that happen to me or anyone I know.

• Members

Maybe that's true, but you have a good chance of being blown to hell by a bomb while drinking a cappuccino in cafe.

Not really you have as much chance. look what happend in new york.

More people have been killed in gun crime in the states then in the UK by terrorism.

Guns are illegall here so it is more rare, to have a gun pulled on you.

• Members

"

We were in deep dooo doooo. They took our cameras and we were held in their room for a good 3 hrs. His buddy said they must have developed our pics. They let us go and we never got our cameras back. One guy said they had full "to shoot us if they wanted to."

100% correct,and around 20 yrs ago, you can be glad they didnt go ahead and shoot u on the spot.

As for the cops thing,one sure-fire way to avoid having cops pull guns on u in the 1st place, is to kinda/sorta not be running about looking acting and behaving like a hooligan. ...Or,perhaps be a weee bit low-key about it if u cant seem to avoid being a moron.

• Members

That is just not how europeans see it.

We will not sacrifice freedom for what is at best a dubious sense of security.

• Members

Guns are illegall here so it is more rare, to have a gun pulled on you.

As they are in Chicago, NY, and DC... yet look at the stories. Whether it is considered acceptable to pull a gun on someone is not a matter of law or legal consequence. It's a cultural thing. Likewise in some areas you'd never see a cop even unlatch his holster, let alone draw his weapon.

But just to add to the stories: Me, no guns pulled, but my brother got shot at by some friends of the bouncer he was beating up (because bouncer and friends were about to attack my brother's friend as a group). The bouncer was crying tears when friends ran to grab thier gun and started shooting. Bouncer lost his job and all dignity in front of his punk friends on the spot.

• Members

Now with the criticism out of the way,Ill answer the thread's question:
Yes,more times than I can count considering the places Ive lived and worked over the yrs.
But the one I recall best is my 1st winter in NY. Xmas eve-got off work late and just got paid so went to do some last min shopping at a large mall. Finally found some stuff for gifts,and was walking out as they were closing. Had parked on the top floor of a parking garage,and was the only car still up there. About 12ft short of my car,some gangster/rap wannabe kid of maybe 15 yrs old steps out from a column right in front of me and sticks a little Raven .25 in my chest,demands my money and my purchases.
Now, I did what I shouldnt have done,but I was irate and not thinking clearly-I thought to myself-little .25 auto-the odds of this thing even being able to shoot thru my 4 layers of clothing on this cold day are about zero.
So I told him-FU shoot me,and went to push on past him. He tried to pull the trigger-CLICK-nothing. LMAO.
I dropped my shopping bags and clocked him square in the face. When he went down, I took his pistol from him. Racked the slide-sure enough, he didnt even have a round chambered.So leaned back down and put one round into each of his knees.Then I stripped his ass of all his clothes while he cried in the snow. Then I took HIS wallet,jewelry and HIS leather jacket and his leather sneakers. Chucked it all on my bags,got in my car and drove off.
Pulled over a few blocks away to get my heartbeat back to normal, and looked in his wallet. $870! This kid had more money than I did-plus the loot from his jewelry-WTF was he doing mugging ME? I was so mad I wanted to go back and shoot him some more....
But everyone got cash for Xmas along with thier gifts. Merrry Xmas ,,MotherFckr.

• Members

As they are in Chicago, NY, and DC... yet look at the stories. Whether it is considered acceptable to pull a gun on someone is not a matter of law or legal consequence. It's a cultural thing. Likewise in some areas you'd never see a cop even unlatch his holster, let alone draw his weapon.

But just to add to the stories: Me, no guns pulled, but my brother got shot at by some friends of the bouncer he was beating up (because bouncer and friends were about to attack my brother's friend as a group). The bouncer was crying tears when friends ran to grab thier gun and started shooting. Bouncer lost his job and all dignity in front of his punk friends on the spot.

Neat, I have a friend who lives in Reston as well!

• Members
I sort of like guns in a way, but really, how do you guys that are telling the OP he should carry a gun envision it helping out in the whole "baked guy riding his bike around in the dead of night in Chicago gets a gun pulled on him" scenario? To me, that brilliant plan sounds like it's going to just increase his chances of getting shot by three or four orders of magnitude rather than helping anything.

The moral I took away was don't ride your bike around by yourself in the inner city late at night. Particularly if you're stoned.
:confused:

Don't do it dude! The gun peeps on here are crazy and will stat you into tears. :cry:

• Members

In america we consider owning guns a freedom, so I'm having a hard time figuring out who has "at best a dubious sense of security".

I have at no point said anything about owning guns vs. freedom.

My comment was directed at gdwll2u who apparently subscribes to the view that gun toting cops do reduce the risk of a terrorist attack.

I just think that gun toting cops are a threat to personal freedom.

Not that they should not be carrying, but all this pointing of guns for minor traffic stuff and failing to obey the slightest command (as written in this thread) is quite scary to most of us outside the US.

... anyway, continue with the thread, fascinating stuff in here.

• Members

True story. I was shot in the back with a shot gun while riding my motorcycle. The shooters had no reason, just out on a shooting spree. They got caught, one went to jail. The other ratted on him and got off free. I spent 3 days in the hospital.

Archived