AlNiCo Blue's and Wharfdale Sound Clips

bmast160

• Members

I got a VOX GSH12-30 Wharfdale, put it in a 1x12 closed back cab, and use it with my Epi Valve Jr head. It is the farthest thing from an icepick you will ever get. I should try putting in an open back cab and see how it responds. I wish it was more "ice picky". It's too dark for my taste in the closed cab. Absolutely nothing trebly about it.

I should add it tamed the treble right out of my Peavey Bandit when I used the cab.

• Members

i didnt notice any that were comparing the two.

links?

yeah, well, you can listen to each one on their own and compare yourself. I guess it's easier for me, because i own one with blues, and i just look for videos of the ones with the standard wharfedales and compare it to mine.

• Members

yeah, well, you can listen to each one on their own and compare yourself. I guess it's easier for me, because i own one with blues, and i just look for videos of the ones with the standard wharfedales and compare it to mine.

right. and they are with completely different setups. pedals. guitars. etc.

• Members

right. and they are with completely different setups. pedals. guitars. etc.

Yeah, i understand what are you saying, but there is a certain character to the amplifier regardless of what's playing through. I can play mine with humbuckers, singles, it still has the same character. I can watch the youtube videos and get a good idea of the differences between mine the standards. I would still like to hear an out and out comparison, as you would. Not sure if we'll be able to get something like that too soon, however.

• Members

yeah ive got the wharfdales and i like them. they are a little dark, but they have a good high end response.

i can tell they arent quite broken in yet (i havent had much time to play, ive been working alot) but they seem to be settling in nice.

i would love to have a 2x12 with the blues, for a balanced tone. im thinking about other speakers to make a 2x12 with to accompany the wharfdales.

Archived