Guitars that come with P90s

JBecker

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CAll me an asshole, but when I think of THE ultimate P90 guitar, I think of this:

I won`t call you an asshole for that, but I like a slight variation in the double cut LP Special in TV Yellow

Oh, and if we are going higher priced, I would love to get a Koll Glide w/ P90s

• Members
I won`t call you an asshole for that, but I like a slight variation in the double cut LP Special in TV Yellow

Are you a Marc Ford fan? :D

He rocks that same kind of guitar a lot and man, I love his playing. His latest solo album is really good IMO.

Never heard of the Koll Glide before though?!? *googles*

• Members

Also, those Fender Telesonics have Dimarzio single coils in them that are kind of like a P90.

Actually -- Telesonic's have Dearmond 2k's -- More along the lines of a single coil Grestch style pickup. Some similarity to the P90 tone-wise but less output and not as much midrange. I totally dig my Telesonic and am glad I never sold it.

As for P90 guitars, SG Classic's are very affordable used and sound great. One of the better production line models Gibson has ever produced.

• Members
Actually -- Telesonic's have Dearmond 2k's -- More along the lines of a single coil Grestch style pickup. Some similarity to the P90 tone-wise but less output and not as much midrange. I totally dig my Telesonic and am glad I never sold it.

As for P90 guitars, SG Classic's are very affordable used and sound great. One of the better production line models Gibson has ever produced.

baaaah thats what I meant, those Dearmond 2K's. Dont know where the hell I pulled Dimarzio from. :o

i always liked those Telesonics though. Mahogany body right?

• Members

baaaah thats what I meant, those Dearmond 2K's. Dont know where the hell I pulled Dimarzio from.
:o

i always liked those Telesonics though. Mahogany body right?

Yeah, chambered mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood board. The pickups sound really good but the lower output makes them sound sort of weak using it live when going back and forth between humbucker guitars or my SG Classic. So live I just kick on my Box Of Rock in boost mode and it helps it to even out the volume.

TeleX3_1.jpg

• Members
Wow! I love the way that Bigsby looks on your Classic
:love:

Maybe one of these days I'll get the guts to install one on my '67 RI.

yarr, I love the bigsby, but it takes more guts to install one on a 67 RI than on a classic :thu: (not that it's a difficult installation at all)

Archived