Keith Olbermann Gets Pretty Angry...

JBecker

• Members

Blame that 100% on the Dems' inability to get their {censored} together and offer up a decent candidate.

Actually, {censored} both parties. It's time to seriously consider other options.

+1

Can't stand either party -- it's all about tow the party line, and appease the constituency (the money). What's best for the country as a whole is very much secondary.

The only candidate that has grabbed my attention so far is Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything he says, but most of it.

I haven't watch the entire Olbermann rant,...I'm sure I'll agree with his point, but he {censored}ing annoys me -- he's a pompus-ass diva. All of the TV pundits -- Bill O'Rielly, Glenn Beck (king-douche), Nancy Grace,.......they all stink.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

Can't stand either party -- it's all about tow the party line, and appease the constituency (the money). What's best for the country as a whole is very much secondary.

The only candidate that has grabbed my attention so far is Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything he says, but most of it.

I haven't watch the entire Olbermann rant,...I'm sure I'll agree with his point, but he {censored}ing annoys me -- he's a pompus-ass diva. All of the TV pundits -- Bill O'Rielly, Glenn Beck (king-douche), Nancy Grace,.......they all stink.

I have issues with Olberman on some points. I do have to say that we should all be this angry though. If we were I believe change would come, one way or another.

Our government, sadly, is beyond repair. There is too much money being circulated for influence, far too much cronieism (sp?), and not enough attention being paid to the people who help the country run. The rich and the government run the country. I believe that needs to change in the worst way possible.

Too bad I suck at rallying people to a cause. I'd love to start a peaceful but unrelenting opposition to how things are run.

• Members
No, not really wrong. I think most people are scrutinizing GWB reasons for anything and with good reason. I think we should with any leader. All the armchair QB's said Clinton should have taken out OBL when he had a chance. Ok, so what gives there? We don't know since the information and reason from either side is going to be speculative. Just have to use our gut instinct of when to call foul.

This media spouting is all about timing. Elections coming and each side is going to put their spin in the laundry. This is why new leadership across the board is going to needed since long termers don't get it yet. Still they are good at selling their BS to the people and constituents.

Excellent post

This is alot of monday morning Qb"ing", second guessing, inuendo''s, i told ya so's and second chances. :blah::blah:

Sadly real life/reality doesnt allow these opportunities when dealing with real life decisions and such dangerous topics like nuclear bombs! Bush can get "blasted" for alot of the decsions hes made and rightly so but i think politics and the 2nd guessing i told ya so's come out of the woodwork! BTW the report also says that there was some weapons possibly being made

Keith Olberman's whole "shtick" has been blasting Bush the past 2 yrs or so, (With Bush's approval ratings in the low 30's probably makes sense) -- Im NOT saying Olberman is wrong and Bush is right or the best/yadda yadda simply pointing out the other side of the story! :)

Or just yapping and making no sense, which i do alot of times :lol:

:idea:

• Members

Our government, sadly, is beyond repair. There is too much money being circulated for influence, far too much cronieism (sp?), and not enough attention being paid to the people who help the country run. The rich and the government run the country. I believe that needs to change in the worst way possible.

Too bad I suck at rallying people to a cause. I'd love to start a peaceful but unrelenting opposition to how things are run.

Not so true! Vote the current members OUT. Media will freak out, and so will every other incumbent on the planet

If any newly elected leader did NOT see that this would be a mandate FROM the people, THEN WE ARE IN TROUBLE

• Members

Sometimes I think Olbermann is sort of an actor with his anger. I think he's right, just a little sketchy.

We as Americans think we have the right to restrict knowledge on how to build nuclear weapons. What a joke man. This is KNOWLEDGE. And FWIW, I don't beleive it's even that hard. You enrich Uranium and shoot a neutron at it and unregulated it blows up. It's just like a powerplant chain reaction out of control.

No one needs a nuke including the US. We should dismantle ours to show them they don't need them. Shouldn't this be in the political party?

The bolded part of your quote is part of why I can't just jump over to the liberal party even though I've gone away from being a Republican soon after Bush's first election. One would have to be totally naive to believe if we just put down a weapon that all other countries would just willfully follow along.

There are always going to be people who want power; since there are definitely people who hate the US at this point (and some have good reason, IMO), I don't think it'd be a great idea to simply let those people get ahold of powerful weapons to help fulfill their goals.

• Members

Not so true! Vote the current members OUT. Media will freak out, and so will every other incumbent on the planet

If any newly elected leader did NOT see that this would be a mandate FROM the people, THEN WE ARE IN TROUBLE

You're saying impeachment? I get very angry about politics but, in all honesty, there are some rights that I have that I am unaware of. So, we can vote to have a president impeached?

• Members
Excellent post

This is alot of monday morning Qb"ing", second guessing, inuendo''s, i told ya so's and second chances.
:blah:
:blah:

Sadly real life/reality doesnt allow these opportunities when dealing with real life decisions and such dangerous topics like nuclear bombs! Bush can get "blasted" for alot of the decsions hes made and rightly so but i think politics and the 2nd guessing i told ya so's come out of the woodwork! BTW the report also says that there was some weapons possibly being made

Keith Olberman's whole "shtick" has been blasting Bush the past 2 yrs or so, (With Bush's approval ratings in the low 30's probably makes sense) -- Im NOT saying Olberman is wrong and Bush is right or the best/yadda yadda simply pointing out the other side of the story!
:)

Or just yapping and making no sense, which i do alot of times
:lol:

I think you've got a good point about the after-the-fact "I-told-you-so's" ... However, I also think we should remember that every single prediction that "liberal America-hating Saddam-supporters" :rolleyes: like me made before the first shot in Iraq was fired has come true, whilst every single statement regarding Iraq/the WOT/etc. has turned out to be "not entirely accurate," so there is some justification, imo, for at least some of the "I-told-you-so's."

However, I'll tell you this as a patriotic citizen: I have never in my life wished harder that I would've been proven wrong. It is a dark, dark time for our country, imo.

• Members

You're saying impeachment? I get very angry about politics but, in all honesty, there are some rights that I have that I am unaware of. So, we can vote to have a president impeached?

It's an indirect right, if that makes sense. The House of Representatives (who theoretically represent us) can vote to impeach the president; the Senate then tries the case and determines whether or not the president should be removed from office. So, again theoretically, if enough* of us got off our asses and put enough* pressure (*and I have no idea how many/much would constitute "enough") on our Representatives, we could get the House to vote for impeachment & start the process rolling. Theoretically.

• Members

The bolded part of your quote is part of why I can't just jump over to the liberal party even though I've gone away from being a Republican soon after Bush's first election. One would have to be totally naive to believe if we just put down a weapon that all other countries would just willfully follow along.

There are always going to be people who want power; since there are definitely people who hate the US at this point (and some have good reason, IMO), I don't think it'd be a great idea to simply let those people get ahold of powerful weapons to help fulfill their goals.

You have a point.

While I think that we eventually will be able to do away with nuclear weapons, dismantling all of them right now would either make the Kim Jong El's of the world smile real big, or it would have everyone second-guessing Americas motive, which would be assumed to not neccesarily be peaceful.

That said, we need to take some sort of measure in order for ourselves to someday reach the point where we can lay down our weapons. Right now it's a pipe dream, I agree. But in order for us to dodge annihilation, it will become a vital that we do just this.

• Members
It's an indirect right, if that makes sense. The House of Representatives (who theoretically represent us) can vote to impeach the president; the Senate then tries the case and determines whether or not the president should be removed from office. So, again theoretically, if enough* of us got off our asses and put enough* pressure (*and I have no idea how many/much would constitute "enough") on our Representatives, we could get the House to vote for impeachment & start the process rolling. Theoretically.

I see. Thank you for the information.

Considering how low Bush's approval rating is I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet. Maybe most people don't know this?

The more I think about this, the more frustrated I get with America AND myself for not doing anything.:mad:

• Members

It appeared to me from his website that Ron Paul favors dissolving the federal Department of Education.

I got the distinct impression that he thinks the best way to repair our dismal education system is to remove what pathetic little national-level support it still has left and throw the entire burden onto the already-overburdened state budgets...

Maybe, as a teacher, I tend to get a little too defensive too quickly when politicians & candidates start preaching their "easy-fix" plans for our country's educational system .... In other words, it's entirely possible that my first impression of Paul's education platform is off-base.

What are your thoughts/reactions/impressions of Ron Paul's views on education? Do I need to give him a second look?

Thanks!

C

Ron Paul wants to do a lot of things that if his "supporters" read about it and thought beyond just tomorrow would realize is completely impractical and ridiculous.

But I'm glad people are listening to someone who thinks a bit off the normal path.

• Members
I see. Thank you for the information.

Considering how low Bush's approval rating is I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet. Maybe most people don't know this?

The more I think about this, the more frustrated I get with America AND myself for not doing anything.
:mad:

Because he still needs to be brought up on legal charges (which there are definitely some that could be brought up, but they'd open up a nasty ass can of worms for future presidents) and beacuse they're representatives, not pawns. They're supposed to be smarter than the American public and listen to what we want but also act in our best interest. Someone has decided we won't gain anything meaningful by putting Bush through an impeachment (I tend to agree, it'd be a nice symbolic gesture that may be more appropriate if it hadn't been wasted on Clinton).

It's a messy thing, but it takes more than just enough people wanting and bitching about it to get something done, especially between election cycles.

• Members

No, what I'm suggesting is an all out mandate against any current leadership. When the exec , house or senate majority changes hands the media has some freakish sense of mandate, like give the other party a chance.

This happened when the Pubs took over and then when the Dems did again in 06. What did we get? More of the same having more power than ever! That is NOT a mandate.

Incumbents can kick the little guys ass since they have the money and lobbies all ties to their campaign. ULTIMATELY, WE decide though. put teh same qualified lesser man in there and that tells teh lobbies to f -off.

A voting mandate against the incumbent SHOULD send some sort of message of WHO determines the election. Not polls, not all the debates and arguments. We've heard all the pre planned, pre staged Q and A bull{censored} debates. Time to show the world the people DO have control.

I want to see more things STATE and LOCALLY ran. FED Power is not the answer. Let states compete for YOUR residency and tax base just like cities do in those same states. Its a good thing. USA does not mean an acronym for FEDS. or DOES IT?

the smaller the Govt the easier to maintain. Let the feds have some control over monitoring what the states do to go overboard, but let the STATE compete in all manners for the people. If that happens, each state will do what it takes to improve NOT BEG THE FEDS FOR ANSWERS or BLAME the feds for STATE problems. When I hear that from State leaders, he/she loses my vote right there. It's that persons JOB.

• Members

It appeared to me from his website that Ron Paul favors dissolving the federal Department of Education.

I got the distinct impression that he thinks the best way to repair our dismal education system is to remove what pathetic little national-level support it still has left and throw the entire burden onto the already-overburdened state budgets...

Maybe, as a teacher, I tend to get a little too defensive too quickly when politicians & candidates start preaching their "easy-fix" plans for our country's educational system .... In other words, it's entirely possible that my first impression of Paul's education platform is off-base.

What are your thoughts/reactions/impressions of Ron Paul's views on education? Do I need to give him a second look?

Thanks!

C

Actually, I had no idea that was his view on the country's educational system. I've actually just started getting up to speed on the candidates, so I've not researched them fully. You being a teacher, I can see why you'd be concerned if that is indeed his point view. From his official site:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

He's definitely more from the libertarian side,....which is more inline with my overall point of view.

He's pro-life but it's my understanding is that he does not want to over-turn Rowe vs Wade, and instead let the states dictate how they want to handle the issue. IMO, abortion should not be a leading issue to debate at the national level -- so Ron Paul's viewpoint there is right on to me.

• Members

I'm not in the liberal party. I'm not in any party actually. I'd probably most belong to a libertarian school of thought.

My main point is: If we need to destroy the Earth to keep "peace", what's the point? I guess it's a pretty existential point. But that point is that there is no point. Get the point?

• Members

Thanks!

C

I think you've got a good point about the after-the-fact "I-told-you-so's" ... However, I also think we should remember that every single prediction that "liberal America-hating Saddam-supporters"
:rolleyes:
like me made before the first shot in Iraq was fired has come true, whilst every single statement regarding Iraq/the WOT/etc. has turned out to be "not entirely accurate," so there is some justification, imo, for at least some of the "I-told-you-so's."

However, I'll tell you this as a patriotic citizen: I have never in my life wished harder that I would've been proven wrong. It is a dark, dark time for our country, imo.

Your partly right IMO - There was a horrible attack on U.S. soil that was actually in the making for a looong time and people were pissed/angry (as u can understand) and thats why we have the emotion that we see these days.

Speaking of these days/politics ALOT of people are unfairly making this VERY POLITICAL when its not 100% correct, alot of people on the "other side" of the policital Aisle were saying the same things about Saddam in the 1990's - Now did they go and invade Iraq? No they didnt, Bush did and we hold him to a higher standard BUT i dont think its accurate when people say "Bush lied", etc, etc when OTHER said the SAM EXACT THING! --- Cherry pick info? YES but i dont like the dishonesty/amnesia that some people seem to get! (Theres youtube vids/google of what others said) I just say keep a honest perspective!

We are in that {censored}hole now, (Iraq) and the sooner its stabalized and at least a running govt (and thankfully things are at least pointing in that direction) THE SOONER we can get out and get our boys/girls back home! I think we all want that, or at least hope

BTW thanks for some good, adult like debating/talking which is sadly in short supply on HC and most of the internet! :thu:

• Members

Bush's nature was evident for all to see from the start. We're always stuck with crappy candidates but you gotta vote for the lesser of the two evils. People voted for the one who was *obviously* the worst. Twice. And that ain't hind-sight.

None of this should be a surprise to anyone.

• Members

Bush's nature was evident for all to see from the start. We're always stuck with crappy candidates but you gotta vote for the lesser of the two evils. People voted for the one who was *obviously* the worst. Twice. And that ain't hind-sight.

None of this should be a surprise to anyone.

True. In fact very true.

Still, many people need to wake up to the reality of the situation. Most people think, "yeah, he sucks...what are you gonna do?". And that's just not how it works. Most people would rather not pay attention to this stuff. It causes them to be unable to enjoy the bar they're at, the beer they drink, the dribble they watch on TV, etc.

• Members
Your partly right IMO - There was a horrible attack on U.S. soil that was actually in the making for a looong time and people were pissed/angry (as u can understand) and thats why we have the emotion that we see these days.

Speaking of these days/politics ALOT of people are unfairly making this VERY POLITICAL when its not 100% correct, alot of people on the "other side" of the policital Aisle were saying the same things about Saddam in the 1990's - Now did they go and invade Iraq? No they didnt, Bush did and we hold him to a higher standard BUT i dont think its accurate when people say "Bush lied", etc, etc when OTHER said the SAM EXACT THING! --- Cherry pick info? YES but i dont like the dishonesty/amnesia that some people seem to get! (Theres youtube vids/google of what others said) I just say keep a honest perspective!

We are in that {censored}hole now, (Iraq) and the sooner its stabalized and at least a running govt (and thankfully things are at least pointing in that direction) THE SOONER we can get out and get our boys/girls back home! I think we all want that, or at least hope

BTW thanks for some good, adult like debating/talking which is sadly in short supply on HC and most of the internet!
:thu:

Right back atcha, mang. I know we've gone "round N round" in the past on here, but you're saying some things that are dead on, imo. I try to avoid the "cherry picking" problem by reminding myself that deliberately manipulating (or falsifying) data to sway the public in any particular direction is wrong, no matter who's doing it. And I think both major parties have folks on staff whose job it is to do just that. :(

I tell you what would be nice: somebody up there in D.C. who is just a tad more concerned about the success of the country (and by extension, the globe) than the success of a particular political party.

I know, I know. I'm an idealistic dreamer... :cry::p

• Members

Bush did and we hold him to a higher standard BUT i dont think its accurate when people say "Bush lied", etc, etc when OTHER said the SAM EXACT THING! --- Cherry pick info? YES but i dont like the dishonesty/amnesia that some people seem to get! (Theres youtube vids/google of what others said) I just say keep a honest perspective!

What others have done is irrelevant when discussing what Bush has done.

Archived