Tried out new guitairst

paranormal5150

• Members

So we tried out a new guitarist with my band last night. Right now I am the only guitarist we are thinking of getting a new one for harmonies and solos. Anyway I'm glad I dont use anything to improve my 5150 tone. Because it doesnt improve it. This guy had a 5150... one of the originals and was for some reason using a distortion pedal with it.... that threw me off bad. I was like why do you have a 5150 if you are going to use a distortion pedal. He told me to try this compression pedal he had. Im not sure what one it was. I tried it. Man did this thing kill my tone. I guess you might need compression pedals with some amps but it killed the tone on my 5150. Even when it was turned off! Also to vouch for my hush pedal. I liked my hush pedal much better than his ISP decimator. Ive heard the isp was the best noise reducer out there. But the hush pedal I didnt lose any tone. You do if you turn it all the way up but theres no reason to have the threshhold all the way up. I turn it about half way. The isp made it lose a ton of tone. Which is one of the reasons I dont like noise gates but noise reducers. The Hush pedal has to be the best thing ever for high gain amps. Because you dont want to lose that brutal tone but you dont want unwanted feedback and hum either. Also when we took a break I plugged my 6505+ on his 5150 cab. My b-52 cab sounded much tighter and had waaaay more low end. I know people dog the b-52 cab here but it definitly sounded noticably better than the 5150 cab. No question here I was just making convo about it. Im not a tone genius or anything but this guy was one of those guys that has all these pedals just to have them. And it makes it sound so much worse. He has all that tone right there and he adds like 10 pedals just to screw it up. I dont know why it angered me so much.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and saying stfu noob is like the gayest thing ever. If you dont want no part in the conversation then dont take part in it. I get on here to talk about things and have met some pretty cool people on here but then theres always the normal sit at home in my parents basement on the forum all day people.

• Members
and saying stfu noob is like the gayest thing ever. If you dont want no part in the conversation then dont take part in it. I get on here to talk about things and have met some pretty cool people on here but then theres always the normal sit at home in my parents basement on the forum all day people.

I think most of us at this time of the day are probally sitting at work dicking off thank you very much.:poke::cop::wave:

• Members

stfu noob

• Members

So we tried out a new guitarist with my band last night. Right now I am the only guitarist we are thinking of getting a new one for harmonies and solos. Anyway I'm glad I dont use anything to improve my 5150 tone. Because it doesnt improve it. This guy had a 5150... one of the originals and was for some reason using a distortion pedal with it.... that threw me off bad. I was like why do you have a 5150 if you are going to use a distortion pedal. He told me to try this compression pedal he had. Im not sure what one it was. I tried it. Man did this thing kill my tone. I guess you might need compression pedals with some amps but it killed the tone on my 5150. Even when it was turned off! Also to vouch for my hush pedal. I liked my hush pedal much better than his ISP decimator. Ive heard the isp was the best noise reducer out there. But the hush pedal I didnt lose any tone. You do if you turn it all the way up but theres no reason to have the threshhold all the way up. I turn it about half way. The isp made it lose a ton of tone. Which is one of the reasons I dont like noise gates but noise reducers. The Hush pedal has to be the best thing ever for high gain amps. Because you dont want to lose that brutal tone but you dont want unwanted feedback and hum either. Also when we took a break I plugged my 6505+ on his 5150 cab. My b-52 cab sounded much tighter and had waaaay more low end. I know people dog the b-52 cab here but it definitly sounded noticably better than the 5150 cab. No question here I was just making convo about it. Im not a tone genius or anything but this guy was one of those guys that has all these pedals just to have them. And it makes it sound so much worse. He has all that tone right there and he adds like 10 pedals just to screw it up. I dont know why it angered me so much.

It looks like you were jelous or something like this, because aparently everything this guy did, you were better.

• Members

jealous? Im always humble about my playing and I always respect people who can do things I don't know how to do and learn from them. That shows how much you know. I just thought it was horrible the way he sounded and how he had all this stuff that just totally messed up his tone. What would I be jealous of? I got the same amp he's got. Pedals I don't need?

• Members

Paragraphs please!!!!!!!!

• Members

jealous? Im always humble about my playing and I always respect people who can do things I don't know how to do and learn from them. That shows how much you know. I just thought it was horrible the way he sounded and how he had all this stuff that just totally messed up his tone. What would I be jealous of? I got the same amp he's got. Pedals I don't need?

I see what you're saying. Why would he want to deliberately kill his tone when he already has it without pedals? I used to play with some guys that would have killer rigs (LP standard through nice Fender or Marshall amps) and use all kinds of pedals. Invariably the tone would suffer and you might as well run a cheap guitar through a cheap Crate amp.

• Members

It depends what you use them for.

A compressor can be a great tool used right.

Anyway is he a good player does he fit your band?

Archived