Protest the Hero - Fortress

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so far so good.. rody's voice is still improving. their sound hasn't seemed to change. it still sounds kezia - ish. definitely a bit more technical however.

i know luke switched to the VHT deliverance. anyone know if it was used to record this album?

hook me up with the leak, nigro! PM me where it's up.

oh and which guitarist plays the Ibanez S? his leads are silky smooth.... mmm

and a bump for teh thread for teh search being downs

:o

• Members
so far so good.. rody's voice is still improving. their sound hasn't seemed to change. it still sounds kezia - ish. definitely a bit more technical however.

i know luke switched to the VHT deliverance. anyone know if it was used to record this album?

That live performance on MTV really really impressed me. His live vocals are a lot better now, especially his screams. The band as a whole is a lot tighter too; rather, the guitarists are, some older Kezia-era videos I've seen of them aren't the greatest :lol:

• Members

i love luke's sweeping style. sweeping all over the place super fast. pause. sweep real fast again. pause. sweep real fast again pause......

lol the guitar work is insanely, insanely good. I'm LOVING this cd.

I'm actually digging on the vocals a lot too. I love the clean "normal" vocals near the end of Bone Marrow.... totally different from his high pitched stuff. Sounds damn good.

This is almost the exact kind of music I would make if I could make whatever I wanted. Extremely progressive, extremely technical, extremely melodic, really heavy sections, really groovy sections, really catchy melodies....

Just {censored}ing awesome...

• Members

i don't know. this might be a little too technical for me. maybe i have to grow on the album.

kezia wasn't as technical shreddy as this album is. I still like kezia better after the first listen of this album.

just like I miss the old between the buried and me. first album and second the silent circus. their latest is just overboard with the guitars imo

I'm the type of person who doesn't like crazy over technical riffs in the music and its just seems like this album is a whole bunch of amazing musicians.

Its like luke and tim are playing one big solo throughout the album. hardly no rhythm.

maybe im just crazy after the first listen and need to listen to it more :freak:

• Members

i don't know. this might be a little too technical for me. maybe i have to grow on the album.

kezia wasn't as technical shreddy as this album is. I still like kezia better after the first listen of this album.

just like I miss the old between the buried and me. first album and second the silent circus. their latest is just overboard with the guitars imo

I'm the type of person who doesn't like crazy over technical riffs in the music and its just seems like this album is a whole bunch of amazing musicians.

Its like luke and tim are playing one big solo throughout the album. hardly no rhythm.

maybe im just crazy after the first listen and need to listen to it more
:freak:

Same here. It's nice when it fits, but it almost never does if a band is beating you over the head with it. I like it when people throw stuff like that in in the background every once in a while and it doesn't call attention to itself. It impresses me more when something just makes enough musical sense to where I don't stop and think, "Oh, tapping/sweeping/whatever!" and then later on, I realize that it's something like that. But when you suddenly get slapped in the face with some tapping/sweeping thing that's twice as loud and going 9,000 MPH out of nowhere, the first thing that pops in to my head is to question if that was really necessary and if it might have been better if that just wasn't there at all. :idk:

This stuff isn't TOO over the top, but there were some parts where it was just super fast tapping stuff for a split second that stuck out like a sore thumb, and I didn't quite understand what the point was.

• Members
i only wish they carried some of their grooves and hooks longer
:(
there are some SIIIICKKKK catchy parts that last maybe 6 seconds and then never heard from again

exactly!

there is this part in palms read that blows me away near the beginning :eek: and then its gone :mad:

• Members
Same here. It's nice when it fits, but it almost never does if a band is beating you over the head with it. I like it when people throw stuff like that in in the background every once in a while and it doesn't call attention to itself. It impresses me more when something just makes enough musical sense to where I don't stop and think, "Oh, tapping/sweeping/whatever!" and then later on, I realize that it's something like that. But when you suddenly get slapped in the face with some tapping/sweeping thing that's twice as loud and going 9,000 MPH out of nowhere, the first thing that pops in to my head is to question if that was really necessary and if it might have been better if that just wasn't there at all.
:idk:

This stuff isn't TOO over the top, but there were some parts where it was just super fast tapping stuff for a split second that stuck out like a sore thumb, and I didn't quite understand what the point was.

The point is it's completely and totally badass! :p

:D

Archived