Put a Graphic EQ in your Effects Loop... NOW

Chrisjd

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great to see that you had this unit!

I had the Boss EQ 20 advanced a couple of years ago and thats a great pedal. Very solid and the possibillity to store sounds. I sold it needed the cash :cry:

So last week i ordered the MXR 108 and i will put that in my Savage 120s loop, cant wait :cool:

• Members

So does my studio pre but that didn't stop the mxr from adding total awesomness to the tone.

The mxr and other eq's have more range and can fill in the inbetween frequencies the mesa's eq lacks. Like that area between the 4th and 5th sliders.. lots of awesomeness to be had between those.

Exactomundo :thu: I love my Studio and Quad preamps but when I use an additional eq it's CRAZY nice :love: I am currently using the eq in the gmajor and it works well, but I wanna get a full on midi programmable parametric EQ down the road.

• Members

Great to see that you had this unit!

I had the Boss EQ 20 advanced a couple of years ago and thats a great pedal. Very solid and the possibillity to store sounds. I sold it needed the cash
:cry:

So last week i ordered the MXR 108 and i will put that in my Savage 120s loop, cant wait
:cool:

my savage 120 also loves an eq, same deal as the cobra and 5150.

• Members

I have always put a graphic EQ in the loop of my 5150II. It has always added a lot to my tone. Really cleans it up, and adds some nice girth to it, all while maintaining that sheering top and sizzle/cut/grind.

So, Last night at practice I tried it in the loop of my Cobra. I turned the FX mix all the way up. Kept all the levels on the eq flat, except i suck out some 200k and add some 1.6 k.

All I can say is DAMN, my tone cleaned up really nicely. It seemed to provide even more string separation, but also saturated the amp a little more! The tone was fatter yet crisper at the same time. Chords were smooth but with a raw top end.

Basically, the tone was MUCH more ear pleasing and put a big smile on my face. everbody should try this...

P.S. Here is the eq i was using, on manual mode...

PEDALE+BOSS+EQ+20+GRAPHIC+EQUALIZER.JPG

No thanks. I like my amp better w/o. Glad it works for you nut I wonder why you think everyone else should do the same.

• Members

I run an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop of my JSX head.

Makes a huge difference and the settings are very slight.

Slightly boosted lower mids and just a slight cut off of the highest treble freqs.

Makes the amp sound so much thicker and smoother. I couldn't imagine running this head without it.

• Members

No thanks. I like my amp better w/o. Glad it works for you nut I wonder why you think everyone else should do the same.

why i recommend it to everyone else???? Did you not read the reasons for which i said people should use one for?

• Members

My behringer 7 band quit recently, the mxr I am looking for but they seem hard to find used except on evilbay and I dont want to go that way. Course, if I break down and buy a new one, the very next day I will see a good used one advertised by someone who lives a block away or something.

• Members

i use an MXR 10 band in my loop once in awhile- its kind of hard for me to mess with though since i only have 2 hands...lol

ive got one of those EQ-20's, but im not sure if it works anymore. i bought it used. i like teh MXR better.

Archived