Best metal scream?

TheChopsyWanker

• Members

Post examples of who think is the best metal screamer. It's subjective of course, but post your favorite. It can be any era, any type of music with screaming (death, grind, thrash, hardcore, etc). I have a few in mind, but I've always been impressed by Travis from Cattle Decap. Great range without any mic cupping or inhaling. And those shrieks! Insane.

:48 is a good one...

[YOUTUBE]1SxDlUpeHvM[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone who answered anything other then Halford needs to get their little punk death metal asses spanked

scream, not wail

and lets see...I'm a big fan of Trevor from Black Dahlia Murder, especially the last album, as far as death metal vocals though. Johnny from JFAC is pretty good too IMO, though most people here don't like them at all. And these aren't exactly metal, but as far as "roars" are concerned, gotta go with Dustin Kensrue from Thrice.

There are also a lot of bands out there that I just generally dig the style of their screams (#12, Sikth, Fear Before the March Of Flames, etc.), but as far as overall most powerful screams that I can recall I'll go with Circle Takes The Square, final answer.

:thu:

EDIT: I watched a bit of that JP video...not saying this to be an ass, but it totally made me lol. Not as much as King Crimson though :lol:

Archived