Best metal scream?

TheChopsyWanker

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Karl's been touring with them for a good while now :poke:He's really cool though, you saw in NeloAngleo's lame ass topic that Emmure came with them and most people there came to see them instead of MS
:mad:
but it was cool cuz it was just me and this other guy from a local band I know up front the whole time and Karl handing us the mic like 2-3 times a song
:thu:

Yeah I don't really keep up on band news for most bands :idk: I've drawn bigger crowds in my home city almost every show my former band played than MS did when they came here, and my band kinda sucked :poke: there were literally like 90 kids tops there. Cool stuff though we got to the front the whole time.

• Members
High vocals are cool if you can re-produce them live, but Cove just can't. Anthony Green, on the other hand, has been absolutely flawless the 2 times I've seen Circa Survive. He hits all his notes effortlessly and is never off-pitch. That man is a God.

Someday I hope to be like him. On "Difference Between Medicine and Poison is the Dose" the chorus has him at High C or above for like, 20 full seconds. It's effing ridiculous :eek:

• Members
High vocals are cool if you can re-produce them live, but Cove just can't. Anthony Green, on the other hand, has been absolutely flawless the 2 times I've seen Circa Survive. He hits all his notes effortlessly and is never off-pitch. That man is a God.

Nah, he was just born with a naturally really high range. I've never heard him hit notes lower than my talking range, it almost sounds like he's straining to go that low :lol: And he actually puts emotion into what he sings :poke: Cove needs to stick to his range and sing with some feeling then he'd be pretty damn solid.

Anyway, GET BACK ON TOPIC NOOBS

• Members

Nah, he was just born with a naturally really high range. I've never heard him hit notes lower than my talking range, it almost sounds like he's straining to go that low
:lol:
And he actually puts emotion into what he sings :poke: Cove needs to stick to his range and sing with some feeling then he'd be pretty damn solid.

Anyway, GET BACK ON TOPIC NOOBS

His voice isn't really THAT high. It's just a tenor voice, as far as his talking voice goes.

Anyways. Circle Takes The Square = most intense screams ever :love:

EDIT: {censored} the haters, I think JFAC is {censored}ing awesome. New stuff is better, but the old stuff is solid deathcore. Especially Entities :love:

• Members

The early part of this thread was epic fail.

80's metal is the only thing gayer than what post Josh Norma Jean did to noisy hardcore.

The dude from converge is not dynamic at all. But he has the most abusing voice I have ever heard.

And I hope this embeds right. Im a n00b.

edit- Oh poo.

• Members

The early part of this thread was epic fail.

80's metal is the only thing gayer than what post Josh Norma Jean did to noisy hardcore.

The dude from converge is not dynamic at all. But he has the most abusing voice I have ever heard.

And I hope this embeds right. Im a n00b.

edit- Oh poo.

Just take the little tag in the URL - the part after the v= or whatever and put that between the youtube tags

• Members
His voice isn't really THAT high. It's just a tenor voice, as far as his talking voice goes.

Anyways. Circle Takes The Square = most intense screams ever
:love:

EDIT: {censored} the haters, I think JFAC is {censored}ing awesome. New stuff is better, but the old stuff is solid deathcore. Especially Entities
:love:

I enjoy the new stuff, even though the vocals aren't as diverse. The old stuff is.... meh :poke: maybe its just all the 14 year old scene chicks that are into them that piss me off :idk:

• Members

Hey man, it's cool... I started out on 80s metal too!

Well, I still dig 80's metal from a nostalgia perspective, but I'm not exactly stuck there listening to it all the time (despite my sig).

I mostly listen to more modern prog-metal or related material (if I'm listening to metal at all).

But I have a thing about needing to hear vocal melodies most of the time.

But some of the stuff I've been hearing lately is helping bridge that non-melodic gap a little.

• Members
I enjoy the new stuff, even though the vocals aren't as diverse. The old stuff is.... meh :poke: maybe its just all the 14 year old scene chicks that are into them that piss me off
:idk:

I think the same, and that really is probably the reason you dont dig em anymore because I used to love them too but there are seriously girls at my {censored}ing lame Christian High School who know Entombment of a Machine...they go "oooh here comes the part with the scream!"

:mad:

• Members

Wow. Just wow.

I seriously have no idea what we should do with people like Nelo.

The current metal scene is in such a sad state of affairs it makes me wanna cry:cry: from the utter stupidity of the little {censored}ing screamo kids.

• Members

I have a few in mind, but I've always been impressed by Travis from Cattle Decap. Great range without any mic cupping or inhaling. And those shrieks! Insane.

That video isn't a very good example of what it sounds like, but that's a good one. That guy looks like a mad scientist who completely lost it. When he does that high shriek, it sounds like a tire squeeling. I don't particularly care for this kind of music, but they're a heck of a live band. Too bad their CDs aren't nearly as entertaining.

• Members

D0od3r, wuuuuut?!? That sounds like someone making an irritating noise in their throat, like he can't even do it right anymore, and there's no variation in emphasis the entire song. Sorry, but that guy has turned into what I expect will happen in the future if you were to use the equivalent of amp modeling now for vocals in a failed attempt at At The Gates. :p

You could have at least posted the funny ones. Now I'll have to pick up the slack and do it for you:

[YOUTUBE]wcPlKRdjonE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lIKuXnzuYGs[/YOUTUBE]

Ridiculously enough, even that makes the first one sound like it was done by a robot.

• Members

Ihsahn from Emperor used to have an incredible voice, IMO. The vocals on IX Equilibrium are just {censored}ing perfect. They're not typical screechy black metal vocals, they're not belchy death metal vocals, and they're not "moron hollerin'" thrash vocals. Just powerful as hell. :thu:

It sounds like he's blown it out now, though, which sucks. Happens to the best of them, between him and Chris Cornell from Soundgarden. Both prime examples of what happens when you scream your head off night after night.

Archived