What cd has teh best production

Say Ocean

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats because those albums suck

remission/lifesblood have the best production ive ever heard. i change my vote

See, I think production wise they both kick major ass over Remission. The bass and guitars on Remission just seem to meld into one big slab of muddy-inarticulate-sludge IMO.

• Members

For outright metal, Conducting From The Grave - Trials of The Forsaken. The guitars are super clear and present, with NO MULTI-TRACKING OR BEE FACTORIES ZOMG. The bass drum is also very high in the mix, but isn't a super slappy/clicky retarded, fake sound, and somehow fits in very well without sticking out in an irritating way.

I just checked these guys out, you're right. Good stuff.

• Members

See, I think production wise they both kick major ass over Remission. The bass and guitars on Remission just seem to meld into one big slab of muddy-inarticulate-sludge IMO.

i hate machine gun guitars, i like my guitars to have some give and sag to em. i hate the guitar sounds on blood mountain, leviathan is almost as bad. remission/lifesblood sounds like the best recorded live album ever, its just so... chemistry... raw... idk it just sounds like that kind of stuff should

• Members
i hate machine gun guitars, i like my guitars to have some give and sag to em. i hate the guitar sounds on blood mountain, leviathan is almost as bad. remission/lifesblood sounds like the best recorded live album ever, its just so... chemistry... raw... idk it just sounds like that kind of stuff should

:idk: Kinda reminds me of a cooler version of Korn, I like it, but I love the last two.

• Members

Strangely, they just reformed. I don't really like metal, but those guys are pretty pwn, and they don't take themselves too seriously. I eagerly await the imminent rape of the cesspool that has become of that sort of music today.

Listen to Eternally Gutted and Improper Burial on their MySpace if you didn't yet. Those were the ones that caught my attention.

Improper Burial is the one I listened to, badass! It's nice to hear 2 just hear 2 guitars, bass, drums and vocals without all of the extra stuff on top.

• Members

Production wise I'm most impressed with early to mid-70s albums. Some off the top of my head: Joe Walsh - Barnstorm, Kansas - Leftoverture, Heart - Dreamboat Annie, Queen - A Night At The Opera, Steely Dan - Aja.

• Members
oh {censored} i totally forgot. the receiving end of sirens - between the heart and the synapse has the ultimate wall of sound with perfect sounding drums and good vocals. its so crisp and full. thatll happen with jcm800s, H&K's, and a grabber holding down the low end
:love:

yeaaaah but that was mostly matt squire doing a ton of re-amping...

seriously though, best production to date is Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High. listen to that cd and try and tell me the quality isnt perfect on it. you can hate the songs, but everything is so clear its remarkable.

• Members
yeaaaah but that was mostly matt squire doing a ton of re-amping...

seriously though, best production to date is Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High. listen to that cd and try and tell me the quality isnt perfect on it. you can hate the songs, but everything is so clear its remarkable.

Sounds hella good to me. Still wish they had made another Take This To Your Grave, though :cry:

And for the record I think that the production on Between The Heart And The Synapse sounds a little cold, anyone else agree?

• Members
misery signals mirrors definitely best for metal/core. everything is kicking your ass at all times, nothing is lacking. i really like the dynamics and feel of brand new devil and god, but its not necessarily the "best" produced.

Good point on Misery Signals. Tone is pretty chunk. Not my favorite tone but they make it work. And I like how the drums sound :love:

• Members

Steely Dan: Aja (smoother than smooth)

Queen: A Night At the Opera (absurdly good vocals)

Sleep: Dopesmoker (heavier than testicular cancer)

James Gang: Rides Again (my favorite production in a classic rock album, great drums, guitars where you feel every nuance)

Miles Davis: Bitches Brew (the definition of haunting)

His Hero is Gone: 15 Counts of Arson/Monument of Thieves (purely evil, crusty vibe)

Neurosis: Through Silver In Blood (technically not as "good" as the Albini stuff but this album has a character to it like nothing else...it's claustrophobic and strident at times but it all seems to work perfectly)

Even though I'm a guitar player (obviously) for me, good production starts with a great, detailed, powerful drum sound. I also typically like enough separation in all the instruments to really dive into them individually but then again sometimes my favorite albums are kinda {censored}ed up but they work for the vibe.

Archived