Second thoughts on my Legacy

Guiary

• Members
Go listen to some more YouTube clips of other amps so you can tell yourself the Legacy is "Teh Best Amp evars!!"

Then go listen to your {censored}ty clips, and hear how much you need to stop playing guitar because you're terrible, on top of having awful, generic, dull tone.

Then kill yourself
:wave:

What no comment about male genitalia? It's funny how the amp snobs [like you] were fawning all over the youtube clips of the Tiny Terror until I linked the clip of the kid playing a Gorilla amp that sounded VERY similar. Then all of the sudden it was "you can't tell what an amp sounds like from a crappy youtube clip". You really need to get over yourself. Nobody cares what you think because you have proven to all of us that you are tone deaf. Every time that you post you show your ignorance.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Are you able to turn it past one? If you answer is no than you should sell the {censored}er and use you cash for something that will please your ears 80% of the time at low volume. Or, get some noice Od pedals to juice it up a bit. Seems thats what Mr Vai does. I wanted a Legacy but I keep seeing Vai trying different pedals with it to make it sound better. If he can't make it sound good I sure as {censored} ain't gonna:freak:

Yeah, you figure if you're famous and work with a manufacturer on your dream amp, you shouldn't need to plop eq's and OD's in to make it sound better.

• Members
were fawning all over the youtube clips of the Tiny Terror until I linked the clip of the kid playing a Gorilla amp that sounded VERY similar. Then all of the sudden it was "you can't tell what an amp sounds like from a crappy youtube clip". You really need to get over yourself. Nobody cares what you think because you have proven to all of us that you are tone deaf. Every time that you post you show your ignorance.

I never fawned over that clip :wave: I just laughed that you formed your opinion of the Tiny Terror on a Youtube clip. I have played through one in person, so I know what they sound like. :lol: Conversely you claimed that I have never even seen a Carvin Legacy and I formed my opinion through clips.

Trust me, my amps have fantastic tone :wave:

• Members
Somewhat agree that if you can buy the amp for a reasonable price, then add a boost to get it where you want then it's worthwhile. I use boosts with several of my amps.
:idk:

Point is, if someone arrives at their desired tone it doesn't really matter how they achieved it.

Just for the record, I was talking about Steve Vai. The original quote i responded to said that he needs to put pedals in front of his amp to get the sound he is looking for.He has an amp company at his disposal and he can't get them to create the sound he's looking for? I wasn't referring to all the other players that get these, of course their taste will be different than Mr. Vai's and they may need to tailor their sound with pedals. They can build in a boost for him hif he needs it.

• Members
Just for the record, I was talking about Steve Vai. The original quote i responded to said that he needs to put pedals in front of his amp to get the sound he is looking for.He has an amp company at his disposal and he can't get them to create the sound he's looking for? I wasn't referring to all the other players that get these, of course their taste will be different than Mr. Vai's and they may need to tailor their sound with pedals. They can build in a boost for him hif he needs it.

Gotcha :cool:

• Members

He also uses a ton of effects through the loop, should they build a harmonizer into the amp for him too?? Super Spider Valve?

A lot of players want their amp to be the base of their tone keeping the amp as simple as possible and add effects in front of the amp and in the loop to get variations on the basic tone.

• Members
I'd hate to think where he would try to plug in....
:eek:
.... but the Legacy is meant to be cranked anyways aint it? Vai runs his cleans on 4 or so last time I saw a picture of his settings.

Yep, I'll freely admit that mine sounds like {censored} at low volumes...it comes alive at about 4 or above

• Members

Redesigning amps is annoying and expensive. Steve changes things up fairly regularly, its much easier to call up analogman and get some new toys to play with

They are working a new legacy, but I don't see it putting an end to vai's pedal use

• Members
I'd hate to think where he would try to plug in....
:eek:
.... but the Legacy is meant to be cranked anyways aint it? Vai runs his cleans on 4 or so last time I saw a picture of his settings.

His lead volume is at like 7 :eek: Wish I had the luxury of doing that, I'm lucky if I can get it to 4 in an unmiced setting. And its all fizzy and :freak: below that

• Members
Guy makes a post asking serious question and his thread turns into a pissing match..........geez......

Meh I'm not too worried, few of the posts have answered my questions quite well.

I gave the bad monkey another try tonight and I think I'm finally getting the understanding on how to boost an amp :idea:. The Bad Monkey sounds better than no monkey but still not what I'm completely looking for or am after.

mfergel you wouldn't happen to have clips of your Legacy boosted with the MXR ZW-44 would you?

It seems like it's going to be a total hit or miss when it comes to searching for boost pedals, similar to buying pickups for a guitar I guess. I kind of know what I want, but don't :confused: but when I hear the right sound I'll know... you know?

Gary

Archived