Lets See your ESP and LTD Guitars!

Chrisjd

• Members

3 early 90s Japanese Horizons. I've never been able to get an actual date on them, but I know the Horizon was introduced in 89 and underwent a few changes before having these bridges, recessed floyds, this headstock, etc etc...

myguitarswebyh2.jpg

This one used to be mine. It used to be black. I gave it to my friend who is playing it here...

crackyshorizoneq3.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

3 early 90s Japanese Horizons. I've never been able to get an actual date on them, but I know the Horizon was introduced in 89 and underwent a few changes before having these bridges, recessed floyds, this headstock, etc etc...

myguitarswebyh2.jpg

This one used to be mine. It used to be black. I gave it to my friend who is playing it here...

crackyshorizoneq3.jpg

wow, we've got similar tastes, i play a parker fly classic, and have been jonesing for a late 80's early 90's horizon lately...those horizon's are sweet!

if your trem has "ESP" stamped i believe that its a pre-1993 (according to esp's website). the original headstocks were identical to jackson's until jackson made them change them, not sure of the date though...

• Members

wow, we've got similar tastes, i play a parker fly classic, and have been jonesing for a late 80's early 90's horizon lately...those horizon's are sweet!

if your trem has "ESP" stamped i believe that its a pre-1993 (according to esp's website). the original headstocks were identical to jackson's until jackson made them change them, not sure of the date though...

You'd probably like an early Horizon. The necks are very similar to the Parker I find. I owned 3 Parkers and one of the necks was a bit fatter, I sold it to my father.

The frets on the Horizon are probably a bit bigger, but the feel is very similar IMO.

The paint jobs on the the old ESPs hold up like a champ too. I played that purple Horizon so hard, jumping off of stuff, thrashing around pretty violently and it has taken everything in stride.

The only thing I had to do maintenance wise over the years has been to upgrade some of the strap pin screws with longer fatter steel screws, but that's all.

• Members

Nah, but you win the award for "I want your ampeg SO BAD!"

btw, nice ESP's, all.. I hope to get an Extone PC-2v soon.

Sorry dude... I sold that Ampeg V4 last week. I had JUST fitted it with new 7027A tubes too..

It was just too loud. Completely unusable for practicing at home and I'm not currently in a band so it had to go. I was really sad to see it walk out with the new owner. But seriously, a V4 will annihilate your ears. "100 Watts" my eye.

Archived