Line 6 M13

JBecker

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So it's a Pod X3 Live without an expression pedal or amp models, that is almost twice as big for some reason? It'll probably be a {censored}load of money.

Pass. Line 6 is getting uber ghey.

EDIT: Also lacks USB. Fail.

• Members

So it's a Pod X3 Live without an expression pedal or amp models, that is almost twice as big for some reason? It'll probably be a {censored}load of money.

Pass. Line 6 is getting uber ghey.

Line 6 says its' about the size of 2 DL4s.

That's not that bad considering how many switches are on their to give you that much functionality.

What's the X3 cost? $500? Considering just a DL4 goes for 250...

It'd probably be around $375 don't you think? Not bad. Closest thing to it I can think of that sounds decent is probably the G-System for 1k.

• Members

Line 6 says its' about the size of 2 DL4s.

That's not that bad considering how many switches are on their to give you that much functionality.

What's the X3 cost? $500? Considering just a DL4 goes for 250...

It'd probably be around $375 don't you think? Not bad. Closest thing to it I can think of that sounds decent is probably the G-System for 1k.

That's true...and it does sound tempting. But again I'll remind everyone in here that the PodX3 live is a hunk of junk from a manufacturing standpoint...and since your going to be STEPPING on those switches...I dunno...just a heads up.

In addition, I think Line 6 does a lot of things right...amp models...delays. But their distortion box models, chorus models, and verbs are not the greatest. Try before you buy...'s all I'm sayin'.

• Members

Well, there are still some serious pros who use their old rackmount Delay, Mod, and Filter Pro units. I know I've seen them in a few racks, though the only name that comes to mind right now is Brad Paisley Try picking up an Echo Pro on ebay for less than $500. The Edge has two custom Distortion Pros that they never mass produced. I think his 2 are the only in existence.

• Members

That's true...and it does sound tempting. But again I'll remind everyone in here that the PodX3 live is a hunk of junk from a manufacturing standpoint...and since your going to be STEPPING on those switches...I dunno...just a heads up.

In addition, I think Line 6 does a lot of things right...amp models...delays. But their distortion box models, chorus models, and verbs are not the greatest. Try before you buy...'s all I'm sayin'.

I'm not a fan of their amp models or distortion stuff. But I did like the DL4, like the looper functionality, and I've heard solid thing about hte MM4 especially for some weirder things. It's momentary gas because I think, for once, a company released exactly what a lot of people have wanted out of L6.

• Members

Are these the switchers on the DL4? Mine was built really solid.

No, the X3 Live and the M13 use the new switches. And they are full of failsauce. Literally. They fail, and it's making X3 live owners angry on the forums. The last time I stopped in the Line 6 forums, Line 6 wasn't even acknowledging it was a problem, which was making it worse.

• Members

No, the X3 Live and the M13 use the new switches. And they are full of failsauce. Literally. They fail, and it's making X3 live owners angry on the forums. The last time I stopped in the Line 6 forums, Line 6 wasn't even acknowledging it was a problem, which was making it worse.

Yep...exactly. I bought an X3 Live...failed switches after a week. Tried another...failed switches after a few days. Took it back and said "no thanks".

Line 6 has been failing miserably lately...why didn't the new Bean just have a {censored}ing midi in? Stupid stupid stuuuuupppiiiddd!

• Members

and you tried to trade me that hunk o crap?!

:freak::evil::poke:

• Members

Are these the switchers on the DL4? Mine was built really solid.

I thought that the switches were never the issue on the X3L. It was the plastic casing not mating properly with the conductive paint used to shield the interior. The paint would flake off and short the thing out making it seem like the switches were failing. The new stompbox thing has a metal case, IIRC. So, no issue.

• Members

The switches were never the issue on the X3L. It was the plastic casing not mating properly with the conductive paint used to shield the interior. The stompbox thing has a metal case, IIRC. So, no issue.

Not on mine...or should I say the ones I took back. The switches...or some part of them...would stop working correctly. Maybe a bad batch...don't care. Can also say that the thing was too light. Bottom line the XT Lives were built WAY better...you can see it and feel it. Line 6 is cutting more corners on manufacturing and it's not good.

• Members

I'm sorry...I never say this about gear before I've tried it, but I would bet any of you my entire savings that this thing sucks ass. This is the same old {censored} from L6. They won't develop their modeling any further, so they take what they have, make a million mutations of it and dump it into {censored}ty casings that break after a week of use. In this case, they've taken the effects for a PODx3 and put it into a {censored} box with {censored} switches. Good luck. You would be MUCH better off with a G-Major and a Midi pedal (which would probably cost the same or less used than this thing). Line 6 isn't a serious gear company. They are a toy company. Some of the toys are fun to play with for a while, but they are still toys.

• Members

I'm sorry...I never say this about gear before I've tried it, but I would bet any of you my entire savings that this thing sucks ass. This is the same old {censored} from L6. They won't develop their modeling any further, so they take what they have, make a million mutations of it and dump it into {censored}ty casings that break after a week of use. In this case, they've taken the effects for a PODx3 and put it into a {censored} box with {censored} switches. Good luck. You would be MUCH better off with a G-Major and a Midi pedal (which would probably cost the same or less used than this thing). Line 6 isn't a serious gear company. They are a toy company. Some of the toys are fun to play with for a while, but they are still toys.

I think the DL4 and MM4 are very highly regarded even amongst people who are normally quite picky. I'm not a huge fan of their amp models, but they've done some very nice things with delays (I have no experience with the MM4).

I don't see why you'd say this is definitely going to suck since so many professionals and hobbyist alike have embraced their very decent effects pedals and this is essentially the mult-effect version of that.

• Members

Not on mine...or should I say the ones I took back. The switches...or some part of them...would stop working correctly. Maybe a bad batch...don't care. Can also say that the thing was too light. Bottom line the XT Lives were built WAY better...you can see it and feel it. Line 6 is cutting more corners on manufacturing and it's not good.

Agreed 100% on the last point. I was hugely disappointed when I heard the X3L casing was plastic.

I hope the M13 thing is different and it is good that the casing is metal and the feature set is cool, I'm sure we'll hear about it here either way. Their rack FX units were pretty legendary..... The Edge was using like a bunch of Echo Pros back in the day, IIRC.

It just seems like so many companies are doing this whole "let's do cheap ass offshore manufacturing with piss poor QC, lower the price a bit, and pocket any difference as profit" BS. I don't think it's really good for any of the industries/companies involved long term. :cry:

• Members

it has effect loop send and returns .. I HOPE those are for routing through your own effects loop so you can run delay, reverb there instead of in the front of your amp ..

but, I have a feeling thats not what they do. .. but they should.

• Members

it has effect loop send and returns .. I HOPE those are for routing through your own effects loop so you can run delay, reverb there instead of in the front of your amp ..

but, I have a feeling thats not what they do. .. but they should.

+1 on that as well...was just wondering the same thing. Either way having to run cables from the effects loop of an amp out to the pedalboard is always a pain in the ass.

Archived