So, two things got shipped out to me today...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Just went to youtube and viewed some demos of the Axe Fx. Sounded pretty fekkin good to me. There are some with a black dude playing a strat that are mainly clean tones and another of some kid in his bedroom playing it into an Atomic Reactor (demo 2a) and he was killing some high gain.

• Members

Well? How is it?

Well, so far I've only been able to try it out with the Ibanez with stock pickups in it and by plugging the Axe-FX into the power section of some practice amps I have, so I need to spend a lot more time with it. I want to get a VHT poweramp to try with it, and I'd also like to go get a pair of QSC HPR 122i's to try with it. I'll be doing that soon.

Still, I was working on making some high gain patches and I've already got it sounding as good for metal as any of the amps I've owned... so far, I think my favorite two high gain amps in it are the Diezel (Herbert I think) and the Soldano SLO...

I need to go get my bare knuckle pickups put into the Ibanez, or attempt doing it myself... haha...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey man, how are the stock pickups on that Ibby, can you post a quick review about them?

I had to send the guitar back because there's a problem with it.... severely lacks sustain. It's a problem with a LOT of them apparently.... I bought it from Rich @ IbanezRules and he was saying that's how every S5470 he's gotten so far is... all the same. So, I don't know what I'm doing about the guitar situation yet... I still have to figure it out.

The stock pickups aren't that great... don't expect them to be any better than any of the v or ibz stock pickups on other guitars.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I had to send the guitar back because there's a problem with it.... severely lacks sustain. It's a problem with a LOT of them apparently.... I bought it from Rich @ IbanezRules and he was saying that's how every S5470 he's gotten so far is... all the same. So, I don't know what I'm doing about the guitar situation yet... I still have to figure it out.

The stock pickups aren't that great... don't expect them to be any better than any of the v or ibz stock pickups on other guitars.

Your problem was buying from Rich. #1. He's the most expensive dealer anywhere. #2. The guy has a terrible attitude problem and treats people rudely. #3. He will tell you anything to keep your money or take your money. He's basically the Ed Roman of Ibanez.

Archived