Obama's Speech on Race in the United States

JBecker

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think the preacher {censored} is overrated. Obama does not come across as a moron, even if his (ex)preacher does.
:lol:

no way it is overrated. have you seen some of the clips of that guy? it would be like mcCain going to a church where david duke preached about the evil blacks every sunday.

• Members

But - was the economy's health a direct outcome of Clinton's policies during his two terms?

Maybe not a direct outcome of Clinton's policies, but the man sitting at the desk in the Oval Office definitely impacts the economy, both positive and negative. Clinton was hardly perfect as a leader, but he did preside over one of the most stable and nicely growing economies in recent years.

• Members
.....and the U.S. was in shambles during the entire 8 years Clinton was in office, right? We had no major wars, and it sure seemed like the economy was healthy for a long while there.

thats what i was thinking

*watches from nothern border* :snax:

• Members

Not really. He had denounced these statements when some of it came out in words months ago but no one really cared about the issue because this was still in like... I want to say October and November and the story lasted a news cycle or two and politicos read and heard about it but not much else. As he's become a far more serious candidate, from the perspective of the people, the video surfaced recreating the issue with flashy visuals to boot.

why was he a prominent figure in that church for so long if he disagrees/denounces the things creature preacher hates on during those evil white sermons?

political move.

• Members

no way it is overrated. have you seen some of the clips of that guy? it would be like mcCain going to a church where david duke preached about the evil blacks every sunday.

Just because Obama goes to that guy's church, that doesn't mean that he agrees with everything he says. I've never left a church simply because I disagree with one or two things my pastor says, so why would Obama? Simply because the man has some different sentiments than the rest of America, by no means is he a terrible person or not a patriot. The best patriots are the most critical ones.

• Members

Maybe not a
direct
outcome of Clinton's policies, but the man sitting at the desk in the Oval Office definitely impacts the economy, both positive and negative. Clinton was hardly perfect as a leader, but he did preside over one of the most stable and nicely growing economies in recent years.

He didn't do anything though. He just "presided." To that, he can have all the credit he wants!

• Members
I voted for Hilary in the Texas primary. lol. Only because I think McCain will have an easier time beating her.

HELL YEAH! :D thats why i want hillary to beat obama, cuz obama has a better chance of beating mccain. before anyone shoots me down for supporting mccain, give me three reasons why i should do anything different (good ones).

thats what i thought.

mccain 08!

• Members

Just because Obama goes to that guy's church, that doesn't mean that he agrees with everything he says. I've never left a church simply because I disagree with one or two things my pastor says, so why would Obama? Simply because the man has some different sentiments than the rest of America, by no means is he a terrible person or not a patriot. The best patriots are the most critical ones.

Horse_with_blinders_small.jpg

holy {censored}. literally.

hey, let's go to holy 14th pentacostal of the eastern diamondback and drink some rat poison and hold venomous snakes. never mind all the serpents and tongue speaking, i only pay attention to the scriptures b/c i don't agree with everything that church does.

• Members

He's an incredible speaker. That is reason enough for me to hope he wins.

I've never seen a politician dismantle political bombs and put out fires like he does. If we are going to the bargaining table on an international level, I think he'd do a hell of a job.

• Members

Well, I doubt he even goes to church, except for electoral purposes. Truth is, this country would rather vote for a lifetime of Bush than vote for an atheist. So I give him a benefit of doubt there - he most likely didn't know about the remarks until it was too late.

• Members
Well, I doubt he even goes to church, except for electoral purposes. Truth is, this country would rather vote for a lifetime of Bush than vote for an atheist. So I give him a benefit of doubt there - he most likely didn't know about the remarks until it was too late.

OMG.

more tomfoolery.

• Members
He didn't do anything though. He just "presided." To that, he can have all the credit he wants!

You'll do about everything to discredit everything Clinton ever did for the US, won't you? It's completely unarguable that the fact that Clinton was the first president to pass a balanced budget since 1969 was a huge factor in the US's surplus at the end of Clinton's presidency. How about you tell me something Bush has done that has helped our economy :snax:

• Members
He's an incredible speaker. That is reason enough for me to hope he wins.

I've never seen a politician dismantle political bombs and put out fires like he does. If we are going to the bargaining table on an international level, I think he'd do a hell of a job.

at this point, i am undecided other than hillary must not make it.

i would go so far as say he's a riveting speaker; hell, i'm more libertarian and even i get moved when he speaks.

:love:

• Members

Horse_with_blinders_small.jpg

holy {censored}. literally.

hey, let's go to holy 14th pentacostal of the eastern diamondback and drink some rat poison and hold venomous snakes. never mind all the serpents and tongue speaking, i only pay attention to the scriptures b/c i don't agree with everything that church does.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. How about someone *coughHILLARYcough* releases a full sermon from that guy and count how many anti-US, racist references there are? Ten bucks says there won't be any. It's not like Obama believes in and follows everything the guy says. He goes to a church, not a cult.

• Members

Ok, now I am at 17 minutes. Dude thinks that black school are bad because the school board is racist? Ok, I live in a black part of the country. Guess what, these kids shoot each other, bring guns to schools and they are arrested daily at school. So you tell me, is it the school system or the lack of parental guidance. He needs to come down here and visit the schools and then tell me all about how the black schools get a worse education than the whites. I bet Barack would not even walk into a school down here. He would be too chicken. His speech is nothing but hate so far. My god, blacks have EVERYTHING handed to them in this country yet they piss it away and blame everyone else. What am I missing here. Please chime in and tell me why I am wrong.

• Members
You're comparing apples to oranges here. How about someone *coughHILLARYcough* releases a full sermon from that guy and count how many anti-US, racist references there are? Ten bucks says there won't be any. It's not like Obama believes in and follows everything the guy says. He goes to a church, not a cult.

head%20in%20sand.jpg

this is too easy

• Members

Ok, now I am at 17 minutes. Dude thinks that black school are bad because the school board is racist? Ok, I live in a black part of the country. Guess what, these kids shoot each other, bring guns to schools and they are arrested daily at school. So you tell me, is it the school system or the lack of parental guidance. He needs to come down here and visit the schools and then tell me all about how the black schools get a worse education than the whites. I bet Barack would not even walk into a school down here. He would be too chicken. His speech is nothing but hate so far. My god, blacks have EVERYTHING handed to them in this country yet they piss it away and blame everyone else. What am I missing here. Please chime in and tell me why I am wrong.

I can't possibly believe you're listening to what he's saying if that's what you came away with.

• Members

Im going to ahead and get this out of the way because everyone in this thread is already thinking it: Fail. :lol:

• Members

PeaveyT60 is someone who's convinced the men in black suits are coming to get him any minute. A real Art Bell listening style conspiracy theorist.

Just thought you should know who you're engaging.

• Members

Ok, I live in a black part of the country. Guess what, these kids shoot each other, bring guns to schools and they are arrested daily at school. So you tell me, is it the school system or
the lack of parental guidance.

bingo!

the rest of what you said is retarded.

• Members

That's dumb. First of all the pastor is not a black supremacist. He has preached to black congregations about the problems in black communities caused by black communities, not just railed about oppression from the white man. They aren't showing clips of those sermons on the news, because they wouldn't be particularly interesting.

Second of all, it's not like he was making these kinds of sermons every Sunday. He was a pastor first and foremost - mostly he talked about god and saying your prayers and raising your children and {censored}, like most preachers. Come on.

Third, United Church of Christ is not a black-power church. In fact, I'm pretty sure Obama's own congregation is predominantly white (I probably live within walking distance of it cause I think it's in Hyde Park).

Finally, while a lot of the things Wright has said I think are reprehensible, some of them really bear thinking about. He was raised in an era where he was LITERALLY considered a second-class citizen. Don't you think you might have a different perspective on the idea of white oppression if you grew up in Jim Crow? Do you expect everyone who was raised during that time to just magically rise above their racial differences and believe that we're all living in a perfect color-blind world? Now I don't think any of that excuses saying "God damn America" or comparing Obama to Christ or any of that nonsense - but those sermons are one tiny snippet of decades of sermons - you can't possibly base your entire opinion of the man on what Fox News has decided to broadcast.

Archived