Mike Ness OWNS...............

Digital Jams

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mike Ness has some of my most favorite guitar tones:love:. One day I will break down and get a Fender Bassman. Plus, I get some much G.A.S. when I see his goldtop LP with P-90's:cry:.

+1 on the Goldtop. I'm having trouble not pulling the trigger on one of these...

E-LP-85SD_P.jpg

It even has the same Seymour Duncan pickups Mike uses.

• Members

+1 on the Goldtop. I'm having trouble not pulling the trigger on one of these...

E-LP-85SD_P.jpg

It even has the same Seymour Duncan pickups Mike uses.

Yeah, I almost got one of those, but I came across my Gibson Les Paul Special for the same price. Slapped some of the same Duncan p'ups that comes in those Edwards (the original P-100's sucked, I wanted REAL P-90 tone:mad::cop:). I can get close to the Ness sound with my LP Special and my Peavey Classic 100.

Gibsons008.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I almost got one of those, but I came across my Gibson Les Paul Special for the same price. Slapped some of the same Duncan p'ups that comes in those Edwards (the original P-100's sucked, I wanted REAL P-90 tone:mad:
:cop:
). I can get close to the Ness sound with my LP Special and my Peavey Classic 100.

Good choice! I've always wanted an LP Special!

I'm rocking an LP Gem myself. :)

gem.jpg

• Members

I have never really listened to Social D but I have noticed how loyal and rabid the fans are. What I have heard all kind of sounds the same to me though.

I am willing to open up a little though and take some suggestions of CD's I should pick up. Solo or Social D. Let me have them.

FWIW, I am a child of the 80's and am a George Lynch, Vai, and Cantrell fan so maybe that will help you with your suggestions.

• Members

I have never really listened to Social D but I have noticed how loyal and rabid the fans are. What I have heard all kind of sounds the same to me though.

I am willing to open up a little though and take some suggestions of CD's I should pick up. Solo or Social D. Let me have them.

FWIW, I am a child of the 80's and am a George Lynch, Vai, and Cantrell fan so maybe that will help you with your suggestions.

For Social D you need to get...

White Light, White Heat, White Trash

Self-Titled

Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

Mike Ness only has two CDs of his solo stuff out. Both are good.

Cheating at Solitaire

Under the Influence.

• Members

For Social D you need to get...

White Light, White Heat, White Trash

Self-Titled

Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

Mike Ness only has two CDs of his solo stuff out. Both are good.

Cheating at Solitaire

Under the Influence.

I am looking to get one right now to maybe change my opinion of them. Which one would you give to someone who hasn't listened to Social D?

• Members

Get live at the Roxy if your new to Social D. Everyone except the people on this board apperently think White Light is thier worst album. WLWHWT doesn't even sound like social D to me. Sounds like a 90's hard rock album. The new album SL&RR is really great though.

• Members
Ness is easily one of the best songwriters EVER. There isn't a song that he has written that does not paint a very vivid picture in the listener's mind. He is proof that shredder chops are not required to be a guitar god. Everything has he plays has such great feeling behind it....I can only hope to achieve that someday.
:thu:

+1,0000. Virtually every song you listen to you can just close your eyes and picture a video of what he's singing about. Any time I've had a rough patch I just throw on "Story of My Life", "Ball and Chain" or for a new one "Footprints on My Ceiling" just to name a couple and start to feel better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Thier original bass player, was thier 2nd guitar Dennis Dennel.
:cop:
(Huge Social D fan, just busting balls)

Brent Lyles who played on MLM was a douche

John Maurer who played on all the other records was the best.

Where do you get off calling Brent a douche? Did you know him personally?
I did and I can tell you he was one of the most geniune and kind people I ever met.
I'm assuming the reason you said this is because of him and Derek leaving the band, but let's face the facts here... they had every right to do so.
If you were in a band with a guy who was pawning your {censored} away for drug money, was constantly {censored}ed up on stage, and took heroin as payment for a show then threatened to kick your ass in the middle of said show, would you have stayed on in the band?

Archived