Mike Ness OWNS...............

Digital Jams

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Rev is the {censored}. Ive been listening to The Legendary Shackshakers recently. If you like the Rev you'd probably dig them.
:)

Don't even get me started on the Shackshakers!!!!

Their singer is beyond {censored}ed up! I saw them over for The Rev here in Chicago. The singer would {censored}ing lean over the railing (and I was in the front row), reach down his pants, yanks out a hand full of pubes and then sprinkle them on the audience!!!! Lucky I never got hit! :)

People kept trying to pull him off stage to beat the {censored} out of him. They came really close but didn't pull it off.

• Members

I'll never forget seeing Social D play the Ogden Theatre in Denver when I was seventeen. It's one of those three-tiered, early movie theatres and I positioned myself on the guard rail of the second tier, about level with the stage.

They opened up with "Don't Drag Me Down", and right before the first solo, I swear Ness looked me straight in the eye, spit right on some dude in the front row, and launched into this epic pentatonic explosion--sent shivers down my spine.

I'm glad I got to see them before they got really commercialized. That band had a big impact on how I learned to play the instrument and choose equipment.

• Members

Indeed. Social D goes through drummers like Spinal Tap, the original second guitarist died and the original bass player left to be Christian.

If you ask me, though, their current lineup is the best it's ever been. Two of the three replacement guys are from Mike Ness' solo project.

Agreed...I just wish they would put out some more albums and never stop touring. Or at least record some of the songs they play at shows and then you never hear again...like Bakersfield. I've seen them 6 times and have never been disapointed. Mike Ness makes me GAS for a P-90 gold top.

• Members

Mike Ness is awesome...I have to say I like his solo stuff even more than Social D. Just happens to be more my kind of thing, and he does it better than many. He's actually got a solo tour starting in May. As luck would have it, he'll be in my area on the day I'm getting married. :cry: I'd love to go to that show.

• Members

lead singer (and I think only original band member) of old school punk band Social Distortion.

I listen to that stuff all the time. I remember when it was new. I'm getting old, if that's old school.:cry::eek:

• Members

i member seein Social D open for a NeilYoung show and MikeN just killed!

Neil new he would have his work cutt out for him-i'm sure thats why he booked him on the bill-

CRAZYHORSE came out and roared a roar heard across the south bay.

glad i made that show-epic

• Members

very nice. you guys sound great even on a home made youtube clip...nice job! are you still doing it? which one is you?

Thanks!

Nah, drummer lost interest.

I'm singing. I ended up using my Rectifier for that show because my Bassman died about 5 minutes before I was going to pack it up to leave. :(

• Members

Ness is easily one of the best songwriters EVER. There isn't a song that he has written that does not paint a very vivid picture in the listener's mind. He is proof that shredder chops are not required to be a guitar god. Everything has he plays has such great feeling behind it....I can only hope to achieve that someday.:thu:

• Members

i member seein Social D open for a NeilYoung show and MikeN just killed!

Neil new he would have his work cutt out for him-i'm sure thats why he booked him on the bill-

CRAZYHORSE came out and roared a roar heard across the south bay.

glad i made that show-epic

That wouldn't have been the Arc Weld tour by any chance? On that tour I saw Social Distortion open for Sonic Youth who opened for Neil and Crazy Horse.

SD was awesome. Simply straight forward good times. Sadly SY had so many equipment problems they didn't finish two songs in a row. So they stunk, but not due to ability. At the time they were already big enough to have decent equipment so I didn't understand. Neil too was great. One of my friend's ears rang for three days. Nothing like a little tinnitus to remind of you of the show.

• Members

i used to work in a club that had live music 3-4 nights a week...for several years...and Social D was one of the bands that came through there, geez, i guess it was about 15-20 years ago now that i think about it...but they always had that extra "something" that few bands had.

• Members

It's funny me and Mike have never met, but we have a bunch of mutual friends we both see all the time. We just never seem to be in the same place at the same time. Social D is cool, I always liked them.

Oh man that would be killer if you got Ness to gun a HG100 at his shows :thu:

Archived