OT: NGD! Finally finished my Warmoth San Dimas/EVH Style Guitar

vidnotlaw

• Members

This is my #7 Warmoth. #1 - #5 are all soloist style and #6 is a strat style (still working on this one), so I figured I would try something a little different as I am in a EVH kind of mood lately!

Padouk Body, Hand Rubbed 100% Tung Oil finish

- Sinlge Humbucker

- Sinlge Volume

Canary Neck, Raw

- Black Mother of Pearl inlays

- Gold Colored Frets (these are nolonger available from the manufacturer)

Seymour Duncan 78 custom shop pickup (double cream, has a gold cover I might put on)

Original Floyd Rose

The pictures did not come out as well as I would have liked. The guitar looks a LOT better in person. I will take some more pictures and see if I can get it too look more like it looks in person! It plays AMAZING. I can get EVH tone all day with ease and the action is F'N low with no buzz at all!!!

The only thing I would like to have done is requested a square neck heel. Other than that I LOVE IT! The Seymour 78 Custom shop pickup really surprised me. It is not a super high output pickup... but it F'N RIPS!! Hopefully I can get some clips made soon.

I have a charvel logo that I am going to put on it soon.

SanDimas2.jpg

SanDimas3.jpg

SanDimas5.jpg

Enjoy,

Vid

• Members

First, thanks for all the compliments! The guitar plays like a dream!

I ordered the guitar in January and got everything the first week in February. The body was one they had in the showcase and the neck was a custom order. I saved $100.00 by buying the showcase body. The only thing I had to fix was the humbucker routing. It was routed for a humbucker ring and I wanted direct mout pickups. I just filled the two holes with wood filler, smoothed it out and put black shielding paint in the cavity and you couldn't even tell that I had filled the holes.

I took a little more time on this one and tried to get everything as close to perfect as I could get. I just finished it up this past week.
I have an all indian Rosewood Warmoth Strat that is almost finished. I will post pics of that soon.

Once again, Thanks for all the compliments,

Vid

That's cool man, did you just get the parts? Or had they been kicking around a while. Canary wood is killer looking.

• Members
Cool. Than it's possible I worked on your neck. I started there in the neck shop in February. Canary wood looks killer, so you made a great choice.
:thu:

Quite possible! I am really digging the look of the Canary. It almost looks like 'dirty' maple wood! Feels great to play on as well! Raw!!! I love raw necks!

Take care,

Vid

• Members

Quite possible! I am really digging the look of the Canary. It almost looks like 'dirty' maple wood! Feels great to play on as well! Raw!!! I love raw necks!

Take care,

Vid

Yeah, I love the red and tan streaks over the yellow. Pretty cool. We just made a bloodwood (satine) neck too, I'd love to have one of those. It's heavy as hell though!

Archived