Who is The best soccer player of all times?

peppe6v6

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Baggio was a great striker but a lot of it is quite scrappy. My greatest players of all time arent on that list because they played for my club.

My all time heroes beating the madrid team with di stefano in it:

[YOUTUBE]0KJLrwfjZG4&[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I think most of the players on that list are over rated. And most importantly soccer is a team game and its not about stars its about teams. the best players cant play at the best with out the rest of the team to back them up.

• Members

I think most of the players on that list are over rated. And most importantly soccer is a team game and its not about stars its about teams. the best players cant play at the best with out the rest of the team to back them up.

This is very true, team players are the best. But individual talents with their fantasy, their elegance and their magic are the ones that make us fall in love with the game.

• Members

On the one hand, you could say Pele.

Of course, you could also make a good case for Pele.

And you can't really forget about Pele.

But, me, I'd have to say Pele.

Mmmm not sure I entirely agree with you there, you seem to have forgotten Pele, Pele, Pele and my particular favourite Pele.

• Members

well a Some good players mentioned here, but being the biased git that I am id say this guy:poke:
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

or this other no7:poke:
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

but yeah...Pele was DAMNED good

• Members

Ronaldinho is not the best player today... He doesent even start games for barca. Ronaldo at man utd is easily the best player in the world at the moment. Has now scored in six consecutive games as a left winger and is currently the top scorer in europe accross all leagues he doesent even play upfront. This season he scored what i think is one of the best free kicks ever taken.

I totally agree that Christiano Ronaldo is the best player today- hands down. That pass he made to Rooney against Aston Villa within the last two weeks was absolutely amazing. Man Utd will win the Premier League and the Champions League this year, IMO.

But I really can't say who's the best of all time.

• Members

I'm gonna have to go with Pele. He not only was a great footballer, but he is an ambassador to the sport to this day.

I don't really know which one is better on the field, Pele or Maradona...too close to call. But as a human being, Pele walks all over Maradona's fat drug-loving ass.

As far as Baggio goes...what about this epic fail of a miss:

oDaF5AK2ozc

And the rat tail/mullet was full of epic fail as well.

• Members

how about a big ol cup of "who the {censored} cares"? not only is soccer less exciting to watch than the mating rituals of common garden slugs, it's the least popular sport in america...after curling, anyway.

FAIL...but nice try.

• Members
how about a big ol cup of "who the {censored} cares"? not only is soccer less exciting to watch than the mating rituals of common garden slugs, it's the least popular sport in america...after curling, anyway.

+1

but I would rather watch curling :cop:

All of teh illegal mexicans at work would have my INS loving ass for this one

:cop:

• Members

Not that I'm a fan of the sport, but when my older brother and father were really into it and I had to watch their games as well as pro games as a result, Pele was intriguing to watch play.

Pele = the Michael Jordan of European football/soccer, IMO.

• Members
I totally agree that Christiano Ronaldo is the best player today- hands down. That pass he made to Rooney against Aston Villa within the last two weeks was absolutely amazing. Man Utd will win the Premier League and the Champions League this year, IMO.

But I really can't say who's the best of all time.

Sorry but my boys over on Arsenal are winning this year :D.

• Members

Most americans dont understand, but over there you have things such as "world series" where you are the only country that compete. Football (soccer) is huge everywhere but there so say fail all you like, football is huge worldwide.

I had a season ticket with my team for a long time, following my team to other cities gave me some of the best times of my life.

• Members

I had a season ticket with my team for a long time, following my team to other cities gave me some of the best times of my life.

+1, travelling to see Celtic and european nights at parkhead have been awe inspiring

• Members

Sorry but my boys over on Arsenal are winning this year
:D

Nah, they're fading fast. Fabregas is awesome, though.

...'cept when he falls to the ground like a woman when someone scrapes his cheek with their pinky. :cop:

BTW, I heard rumors of T Henry going to the Seattle expansion team in '09. That would be :cool: .

Fabregas diving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4sR7FZ97Y0

• Members

in america perhaps, not the rest of the world:wave:

ah, i see...you didn't get the memo.

america>>>the rest of the world.

we have a sport here that is just like soccer...people running all over the place all day long and accomplishing nothing. it's called the "after thanksgiving day sale":cop:

Archived