Youtube Amp Demos: WTF

Angry Grimace

• Members

I don't mind a good amp demo on the 'tube; there's a lot of people on there and while not the best quality you can get a decent idea of the sound of a piece of equipment. But some people just do the strangest things; like EQ their amps with zero mids; or make a 10 minute video in which they talk for 8:00 minutes about how cool their rig is and show us all the pretty knobs, and then play for maybe 15 seconds and even then, do nothing but pentatonic noodling. And then the other people leave comments about how great it is :poke:

An example of the former:

[YOUTUBE]QQ4WzFjcsyw[/YOUTUBE]

The guy claims his Mark IIC+'s graphic EQ doesn't take out enough mids to get the Metallica sound, so he plugs another EQ into it to suck even more mids out. I can't even get halfway through this clip due to the mass amount of gain and shrillness of it all.

I can take bad playing, because not everyone is great, but at least try and get a good tone, or mix in a chord or two :o :o

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't even get halfway through this clip due to the mass amount of gain and shrillness of it all.

I can hear hints of greatness from the amp. But, yeah, I think he's fooled himself into thinking he needed to scoop even more mids out but he really needs to turn down the presence/treble and even more importantly a bit of the gain.

He should try that and also ditch the external EQ but leave the scoop on the amp EQ for some MoP action. :idk:

• Members

hey think pad do you have any clips/vidz of you playing your 7 strings?

I'm playing a 7 in the clip in my sig:

fKu8awyw4To

but I'm not using the 7th string at all for that (or my Mark IV for that matter... it's just a PODxt :p). All the Solecism stuff was recorded with my Ibanez 7 string through a T-verb.

Archived