Is this a good cab? with PICS

webstersp

• Members

at most

it looks in good condition, 80 bucks is somewhat of a lowball offer for those cabs in that condition.

max I'd pay for that is 120-150

and depending on what speakers it has.. it could be good for the mesa.. OR it could be {censored}ty for ANY amp.

black widows=sex

sheffields=fail

• Members
it looks in good condition, 80 bucks is somewhat of a lowball offer for those cabs in that condition.

max I'd pay for that is 120-150

agreed.

good cab for the price. if money isn't a factor i'd recommend other cabs for a mesa though. i've played a triple recto though one - it did the job.:thu:

• Members

thats like putting hot rims on a cavalier, don't buy a mesa and put it through a bad cab like that man...it'll sound pretty bad, those cabs are meant for like the bandit 112!

no, I think it would be like Cavalier rims on a Porsche. The Chassis and engine are still fine, but getting that power to the road is kinda meh with those cav rims.

edit, is that GOB in your avatar?

• Members
My favorite cab that I've ever used with my Mesa is a cheap GX Crate 4x12 cab. The small magnet speakers aren't quite as efficient so I can drive the amp harder and the tone is really sweet, a lot like the old small mag Jensens.

reeeeeeeaalllyy

I'm getting one of those cabs for free in a few days :thu:

• Members

I have a Peavey cab, and I used to have a second. It really depends on what speakers are in it. If it has Celestions like the one I have now, I would pay $100 for it and it will sound good with a mesa, but if it has sheffield speakers, stay away from it. My favorite cab with my DR is a Marshall JCM900 cab though. I don't know what it is, but it sounds so full through that cab.

• Members

I have a Peavey cab, and I used to have a second. It really depends on what speakers are in it. If it has Celestions like the one I have now, I would pay $100 for it and it will sound good with a mesa, but if it has sheffield speakers, stay away from it. My favorite cab with my DR is a Marshall JCM900 cab though. I don't know what it is, but it sounds so full through that cab.

For a peavey cab to celestions in it, they would have had to be put in. They may have a some nice peavey cabs out there, I just haven't found one. I've played peavey heads through other cabs and loved them. When I play them through the cabs that are designed for them, they don't have any balls.

• Members

The pic is a Peavey 412MS. I used to own one. Everyone has an opinion, but to me that cab was pretty decent. Not great, but for 80-150 bucks it would be a good deal to me, especially if it's in good shape.

• Members

The pic is a Peavey 412MS. I used to own one. Everyone has an opinion, but to me that cab was pretty decent. Not great, but for 80-150 bucks it would be a good deal to me, especially if it's in good shape.

+1

i used to play with a guy that had a transtube halfstack with one of those cabs...if you want a decent cab for the money then they're worth the $150 or so they usually go for

if you need a cab to get by for now then one of those will do...to really get the most outta that mesa tho you're gonna want a nicer cab someday

• Members

its not bad for a beater/ backup cab but the mesa will sound TONS better with a different cab (avatar,mesa,marshall,basson sound). like everyone else said its not going to make the mesa sound its best... personally i wouldnt buy it id save for a used mesa/basson cab if i were you

Archived