Anyone here actually read Slash's Autobiography?

Angry Grimace

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know this story but from what I grasped in this topic the vague picture is: You tried to fist Mick Jagger's daughter while your dad was present and then Mick Jagger came in, wearing platform shoes:eek:

Do tell more...

About right..............

• Members

I read the book....I lol'd when Izzy blasted him.

Ugh - was Slash actually facial'd? I can't believe a rock legend would even admit to that...

{censored}ing bimbo std farms in the back of a pickup truck. Snorted coke off the seats of unflushed toilets. Being a klepto. These are things you admit to as a rock legend.

Spunk'd though? I would not admit to that...

• Members

Ugh - was Slash actually facial'd? I can't believe a rock legend would even admit to that...

{censored}ing bimbo std farms in the back of a pickup truck. Snorted coke off the seats of unflushed toilets. Being a klepto. These are things you admit to as a rock legend.

Spunk'd though? I would not admit to that...

no, Izzy got him on the leg.....a facial woulda been hilarious!

• Members

Great book... Filled with tons of interesting anecdotes.

I LOL'd when he was drunk and ran into another car, only to find out the driver of the other car was wasted too :)

BTW Whoever was saying he's keeping the peace with Axl because of a possible reunion, thats not true at all. Slash makes it very clear the original GnR is never getting back together

• Members

I was a part of a private catering gig for a charity that Mick showed up to and I could see right over him and I'm in between 6' and 6'1". I'd guess he is 5' 10" so I'm not sure what cloud 6'4" was pulled from.

Bingo:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Rolling-Stones-578/height-weight.htm

Googling "mick jagger height" gives a bunch of references right at 5'10".

telephant must be a dwarf.

• Members

In his GP interview he mentions that he has talked to people in other big bands and no one went through anything like GnR with Axl. All Slash and the rest of the band wanted to do in their life was be on stage, but Axl just isn't like that.

• Members
Other than owning a mountain lion I do not see anything crazy here that most of us have done in the past
:confused:

{censored}, Telephant tried to fist Mick Jagger's daughter
:cop:

But none of us in a band that big so what you said doesn't really count.
Because no one really cares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Other than owning a mountain lion I do not see anything crazy here that most of us have done in the past
:confused:

I've read in several different places that mountain lions (AKA cougars) make very affectionate pets.

normal_cinnysmall.JPG

And here's a tiny little mountain lion baby. Ahhhh.....

babypic.jpg

• Members
Oh snap I totally forgot about Mick Jaggers daughter.
:lol:

You know what was really surprising? Mick Jagger is a tall guy. Like 6'4 at least. Way taller than you'd expect. I always thought he was a little dude.

I did a google search and all the sites said Mick is 5' 10" at the most but he wears lifts in his shoes and it makes him look maybe 6'. As he ages they say he is now closer to 5'8".

I was 5'11" for ost of my life now i am about 5'9".

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I haven't read the whole thing but it's definitely entertaining and informative.

The "A lot of us, including me, wear leather pants with jeans underneath so it doesn't show through when we piss ourselves onstage." was interesting. Gives you a greater appreciation for Fergie and a greater desire to avoid guys who still wear leather pants to a gig.

-W

Er, that's not what he said at all. It was just he happened to be wearing leather pants one time when he pissed himself while passed out on a hotel lobby couch, and it stopped it from leaking out. Nothing to do with wearing them onstage at all times for that purpose...

• Members

I've read in several different places that mountain lions (AKA cougars) make very affectionate pets.

They do. One of the people in the house I lived in back during the early '80s had a cougar. That was a crazy place as far as pets went; we had two dogs, three boa constrictors, a cougar, a cockatoo and miscellaneous other birds.

ew

• Members
I did a google search and all the sites said Mick is 5' 10" at the most but he wears lifts in his shoes and it makes him look maybe 6'. As he ages they say he is now closer to 5'8".

I was 5'11" for ost of my life now i am about 5'9".

Lifts. Seriously. (was an employee off/on in the early 80s')
They're {censored}in' figits.:p

If you dug the Slash bio, check out "RECKLESS ROAD-GUNS-N-ROSES and the making of Appetite for Destruction"
DSC04223.jpg
Worth it just for Marc Canters' (the man who fed the scene) photos of Slash from their school days, through AFD.

• Members

Just finished it. Creepy details about coke heroin lifestyle. It was OK, kinda skirted around major issues. Axl is a douche, no doubt, but thats not news.

Can't believe he didn't bang Traci Lords.

Adler is just a wreck though, see him on Celebrity Rehab? Yikes.

• Members
Dude - Mick Jagger is no where near 6'4". He is 5'9" or 5'10" at most...

Steve

Its perspective Bro, He was probably on his knees when he said that :o:

j/k sheaboy, ya know that Igots mad love for ya!!!

Ive read a bunch of rockstar/band Bios and while cool, I wasnt shocked and was mildly entertained. Ive done a bit of a reversal on my thoughts about slash though and have given serious thought to reading his Bio, partly out of curiosity to also wanting to take a break from what I usually read(Sci-fi, Military, economic)

Kage

• Members

I have a bit of insight into the latest version of GnR. I have been friends with a current member for quite some time now. I can assure you of three things-
1. Chinese Democracy is just the beginning. Many KILLER tunes exist in a finished form.
2. There will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, be a reunion with the original members.
3. Axl is NOT as bad as people/media make him out to be. His main issues stem from a super {censored}ed up childhood. I've heard the stories. I feel sorry for him, really.

Axl's problem(s) with Slash almost all revolve around Slash's past drug use.

Archived