Too much caffiene is pretty damn unpleasant

Angry Grimace

• Members

Is there anything as awesome to the average white-collar office worker as coffee? If it weren't for the fact that I HATE caffiene highs, I'd be drinking coffee all day long. They make you shaky as {censored} and feel like {censored}...If I get past three cups I can't even really concentrate on work...it remind me of the old days in college, pulling all nighters with a case of red bull....that sucked.

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to do meth.

• Members

Cup no. 4?! Dude, if you need more than one (or even that much) you might want to cut back.

I only use caffiene when it's really neccesary. If I have it for a few days in a row it really starts to make me irritable.

A cup now and then does help me organize my thoughts though.

• Members

Is there anything as awesome to the average white-collar office worker as coffee? If it weren't for the fact that I HATE caffiene highs, I'd be drinking coffee all day long. They make you shaky as {censored} and feel like {censored}...If I get past three cups I can't even really concentrate on work...it remind me of the old days in college, pulling all nighters with a case of red bull....that sucked.

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to do meth.

What the hell does meth have to do with coffee? Do you think they're similar?

• Members

What the hell does meth have to do with coffee? Do you think they're similar?

I imagine that if I hate the jitters from a few cups of joe, I wouldn't like the jitters from a line of methamphetimine. I've never tried it, but it sounds pretty unpleasant.

• Members

Cup no. 4?! Dude, if you need more than one (or even that much) you might want to cut back.

I only use caffiene when it's really neccesary. If I have it for a few days in a row it really starts to make me irritable.

A cup now and then does help me organize my thoughts though.

So... one cup is excessive? lol. :poke:

• Members

I imagine that if I hate the jitters from a few cups of joe, I wouldn't like the jitters from a line of methamphetimine. I've never tried it, but it sounds pretty unpleasant.

Well meth does suck and is the one drug that I do tell everyone to stay the hell away from, but it isn't like caffeine.

• Members

For a while, I was drinking multiple (2-3) energy drinks a day, on top of drinking Vault. I figured, OK...I'll stop drinking caffeine for a week, and see what happens.

The first day, I was fine.

The SECOND day, however...that's when I stopped sleeping and my week-long headache started.

So yeah...caffeine withdrawal is a real mother{censored}er. As someone who's gone through it, I'd advise y'all to cut back as much as possible. Every now and then certainly isn't going to kill you, but caffeine dependency is real, and it sucks.

• Members

Coffee is just like any other drug. The higher quality, the better the buzz.

High quality, fresh roasted
on the other hand, crappy swill water coffees like foldgers, etc, are pretty much going to have the same effetcts as a low dose of meth.(not really, but you know what I mean).

This is the reason why most people don't like coffee.

Before WWII, the quality of coffee was amazing, little by little, manufacturers figured out how to slowly replace high quality beans (arabica) w/ lower cost easy grow beans (robusta). Everyone who thinks coffee is gross probably drank a ton of crappy robusta.

• Members

Ok, you're a god amongst men. :poke: I humbly bow to your saintliness.

When I say bad, I mean unhealthy. I don't mean that you're lame if you have more than that.

Like I said, I have my own vices. Coffee just happens to be one of those things that only really helps me if I drink it once or twice a month. More than that turns me into a grumpy piece of {censored}.

• Members

Stopped drinking coffee 2 months ago (along with OJ and chocolate) due to stomach problems plus have had sleep problems and migraines for years (not wholy related to caffeine but still helps to reduce intake).

I just don't feel myself anymore after being used to drinking something like 4 or 5 cups (giant cups mind you of strong black unsweetened coffee) a day plus another 3 or 4 cups of tea. Much more coffee (less tea) on weekends.

Ever since quitting coffee my mind processes information slower and

So I stop drinking coffee and I find my mind processes info slower and I get these blackouts where I have

No more coffee and my mind starts processing info much slower, can't think straight or concentrate sometimes, I'm less witty, less funny, less energetic. To the point where I don't even feel like playing guitar much or working out.

Positive benefits of reducing caffeine:

- Drinking a heck of a lot more water so I'm well hydrated (less migraines, helps dilute stomach acid).

- Not as cranky...boy does caffeine make me one irritable sonova bitch by the end of the night. Definitely feeling more mellow, relaxed.

Archived