I said I'd bike to work once gas went past $4.20...

Angry Grimace

• Members

Before moving from cali to arizona, I sold pretty much everything I had including my car. I spent 1 month riding my bike 2 miles to work and felt like such a loser. dont get me wrong, I love riding my bike, but I felt like some dude who got a DUI and HAD to ride his bike... ugh.

people who care so much about what other people think FTMFL!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
thats why they make a change of a cloths
:idea:
. get a real job! haha. jk.

Unfortunately, I'd probably have to shower on those hot days, and I'm sure as {censored} not coming in any earlier than 7:30, when I normally roll into the parking lot.

• Members
Using Angry Grimace on multiple boards and talking about still being in school while splitting hairs over the Padres FTL
:cop:

?

I haven't been in school for four years, and I went to UCSD.

How is that "for the anything 'loss'"

What does that matter? I could just as easily say: dfwxjer on multiple boards whining incessantly about iPhone service outages FTL? What's the difference? I don't really understand why you're such a generally unpleasant person with nothing but negative, insulting things to say.

• Members

I'm just worried about the stink. Whenever I do something physical, I {censored}ing smell like it. I love to ride, but I definitely need a shower after I do so, so riding before work is kind of out of the question for me.

• Members

Before moving from cali to arizona, I sold pretty much everything I had including my car. I spent 1 month riding my bike 2 miles to work and felt like such a loser. dont get me wrong, I love riding my bike, but I felt like some dude who got a DUI and HAD to ride his bike... ugh.

WTF seriously? Do people not ride bikes around there unless they have a DUI? The thought that anyone would think anything negative of someone who is riding a bike is bizarre to me. Everyone around here rides them. Sounds like you're incredibly self conscious. No one cares that you are riding a bike except you.

• Members
I'm just worried about the stink. Whenever I do something physical, I {censored}ing smell like it. I love to ride, but I definitely need a shower after I do so, so riding before work is kind of out of the question for me.

hmm... i guess. but after a while, maybe it would put you in better shape and you wouldnt sweat so much. but i understand what you guys mean. it would suck if you had to look pretty at work. hahahaha! :o

• Members

You guys whining about what people think of you are lame. Who gives a {censored}? You're making a difference in your own life and in others. You took one car off the road and you're getting exercise. What's the problem again?

I would ride to work if I didn't commute from manassas to DC everyday. You locals know how much of a bitch that is.

• Members
hmm... i guess. but after a while, maybe it would put you in better shape and you wouldnt sweat so much. but i understand what you guys mean. it would suck if you had to look pretty at work. hahahaha!
:o

go ahead and ride your bike to work in 90 degree heat if you didn't have the ability to take a shower when you arrived.

then sit around all day in your filth, even if you change your clothes.

see how long you would do that for :poke: :cop:

• Members
WTF seriously? Do people not ride bikes around there unless they have a DUI? The thought that anyone would think anything negative of someone who is riding a bike is bizarre to me. Everyone around here rides them. Sounds like you're incredibly self conscious. No one cares that you are riding a bike except you.

One of my biggest problems in reality is that it's a REAL bitch of a ride...it wouldn't be if I could ride my bike on the route I take on the freeway, but otherwise I have to ride up and down through a ton of hills and over Mt. Soledad, and then down into the valley and back up. The fact you can't ride your bike on the freeway route is pretty irritating. :(

I guess I'll give it a shot once I get my bike back up and running, and in my possession (I loaned it to a buddy a while back)

• Members

Haha, no joke dude. People in Richmond who drive cars are in the minority, so I hear.

• Members
One of my biggest problems in reality is that it's a REAL bitch of a ride...it wouldn't be if I could ride my bike on the route I take on the freeway, but otherwise I have to ride up and down through a ton of hills and over Mt. Soledad, and then down into the valley and back up. The fact you can't ride your bike on the freeway route is pretty irritating.
:(

I guess I'll give it a shot once I get my bike back up and running, and in my possession (I loaned it to a buddy a while back)

It'd be scary as {censored} to ride ON the freeway.

You should look into a cheap motorcycle like Jeb/ehud/chuck is. I think that's a good option. I would but I'm not going to put my life on the line like that.

• Members

+1

• Members

A few years ago I had to shave one armpit so I could apply some medicine for a skin problem. I figured wtf, I'll do both - one shaved would look a LOT goofier than both.

Well, I went from having to re-apply deodorant in the afternoon to needing it every other day.

Just an idea...

• Members

It'd be scary as {censored} to ride ON the freeway.

You should look into a cheap motorcycle like Jeb/ehud/chuck is. I think that's a good option. I would but I'm not going to put my life on the line like that.

Well yeah, I wouldn't do that, but the route was pretty much blasted through the mountains and hills...if they had a road that went along it it would be easier, but they don't. In fact, they even have a part of the bike path towards my office that DOES go along the freeway. I rode it once and it's kind of scary becuase it's right at a merge of two major freeways.

One good thing about riding is that we have an entirely separate office that I can use to change/iron clothes.

• Members
One of my biggest problems in reality is that it's a REAL bitch of a ride...it wouldn't be if I could ride my bike on the route I take on the freeway, but otherwise I have to ride up and down through a ton of hills and over Mt. Soledad, and then down into the valley and back up. The fact you can't ride your bike on the freeway route is pretty irritating.
:(

Well then why did you say you would ride your bike if gas went to 4.20 a gallon? sounds like you already counted it out as a choice to begin with.

i said it before. you made a goal to do this and you fail because you're lazy. guess you'll have to live with that.

hahaha! jk man. just giving you a hard time

• Members
Well then why did you say you would ride your bike if gas went to 4.20 a gallon? sounds like you already counted it out as a choice to begin with.

i said it before. you made a goal to do this and you fail becuase your lazy. guess you'll have to live with that.

hahaha! jk man. just giving you a hard time

I'm trying to get you to talk me into it, man. :)

It didn't really get that high until this week, when we went up inexplicably around 20 cents in a week. We were stuck around 3.97 for at least three - four weeks before that, and around 3.80 for a long time before that.

• Members

I don't wear a helmet on my bike.

It's illegal in my county to do so.

It used to be just kids, but now it's everyone. Besides, my girlfriend wouldn't shut up if I told her I was gonna go ride along the freeway (which you have to do to get to the office) without a helmet.

• Members
I'm trying to get you to talk me into it, man.
:)

It didn't really get that high until this week, when we went up inexplicably around 20 cents in a week. We were stuck around 3.97 for at least three - four weeks before that, and around 3.80 for a long time before that.

get your lazy no good fat ass out there and ride your bike. its for your own good! what kind of person are you to make a goal in life and fail it? you are a disgrace to yourself and everyone who knows you. you are a self concious, lazy {censored}tard who is worthless in doing anything that has any real meaning in your life. Grow up you muther {censored}er!

:wave::lol::cop::poke: sorry if that was a bit much. haha just trying to help. you know i :love: you!

• Members
get your lazy no good fat ass out there and ride your bike. its for your own good! what kind of person are you to make a goal in life and fail it? you are a disgrace to yourself and everyone who knows you. you are a self concious, lazy {censored}tard who is worthless in doing anything that has any real meaning in your life. Grow up you muther {censored}er!

:wave::lol::cop:
:poke: sorry if that was a bit much. haha just trying to help. you know i
:love:
you!

:cry:

wrong kind of motivation. I'm gonna go home now and :cry:

Archived